BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

06-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

What I've been doing lately... New Bike in the Garage. Moto Guzzi FTW For The Weird

Well I've been riding motorcycle longer than I've been driving. Started at about 6 on a little Honda 70. WAY WAY Back in about 1977. Been riding ever since, dirt and street. Anyway, I've been on a sport bike since 1994 and my first GSXR750, then another, then a Honda CBR1100XX, then the Hayabusa. Which I've been riding since 2002. Well I am starting to get to the point where I just want to ride. I don't need the 160HP bike, I just want something cool, comfy, and fun to ride. I finally found it after a year of looking...

Probably keeping the Hayabusa for the occasional 0-150MPH blast in 10 seconds. But this is also the reason that I went looking for something less.... Um, intense. Something just plain old fun to ride.

So yeah Been riding the Busa for about 6 years, The Harley's off and on for a couple. I get them free each spring to break in, usually 2 or 3...

I was seriously thinking about getting a Harley of my own they have some entertainment value anyway, but I am just not ready to give up speed and Handling for looks. So instead, I just gave up speed...

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100. Very cool...

Also probably picking up a Pro-Taper CR High Bend or the Pastrana along with some CRG Bar End mirrors and levers probably.

Out front of the house...

How She'll look once I replace that rear fender.

Nice little Italian booty and she does have them big perky jugs...

Looks nice. Very Comfy.

Just a front 3/4

And the Gauges are pretty cool too. Multi function display, kind of nice little bit of high tech to offset the old school motor.

And another. The red looks freaking sweet at night though I need to dim it a bit... Once I figure out how.

So yeah the car hasn't been seeing much love lately, weather has been decent so I've been trying to get some miles on the Bike...

Anyway, that's what I've been up too... Rolling around on my Italian Harley. I spent about a year riding and looking around for what I was looking for. Triumph, BMW, All the Japanese brands, and Harley. None of them had just the right balance of character, comfort, performance, and handling that the Guzzi does, and you sure as hell won't see one on every corner.
      06-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Woah. 8k redline and transverse mounted engine? That seems like an odd configuration and low redline or maybe I'm just a motorcycle noob. Definitely a classy bike though.

P.S. What's a user code and how do you "insert" a "code"? Seems like you insert a key or enter a code but again, maybe I'm a noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Nice.
My Dad had a Guzzi. He went for the not so common too. Triumph, BSA, BMW. He drove a Sprite. Bet not many on here no what the hell that is. My first was an XR75 Honda. Age is now out.
      06-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Nice!
looks like a beast...
i put a deposit on an white ducati 696...
thought it would be a good first bike for me...
      06-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Woah. 8k redline and transverse mounted engine? That seems like an odd configuration and low redline or maybe I'm just a motorcycle noob. Definitely a classy bike though.

P.S. What's a user code and how do you "insert" a "code"? Seems like you insert a key or enter a code but again, maybe I'm a noob.
It is an odd configuration, it's unique and NOT neccessarily better by any means, but it is the reason I bought a Moto Guzzi. It's got character. You blip the throttle and as you can imagine the torque pushes the bike to the right, it's cool. It's like a small V-8 between your legs in terms of power delivery and torque reaction. It is a very smooth running motor though, and it makes fantastic noises...

Redline is pretty typical for a low tech twin, IE Harley, Buell, Victory, BMW, Etc, Etc... Pushrod actuated valves and all, it has fuel injection, dual spark plug heads, and lots of tuning over the last 40 years or so though.

Moto Guzzi is the worlds second oldest Motorcycle manufacterer, right after H-D at 85 years.

I haven't figured out what the hell a user code is either...

It's the sound of the thing that's really cool. Of course you don't get the vibrating ground feel in the video or the bass, but the idea is there. The way the kickstand mounts to the bottom of the motor transfers a lot of vibration to the ground when it's just sitting there. It's pretty impressive, makes it "feel" really tough.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PWs_FIsdwaU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PWs_FIsdwaU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

The Termignoni pipe adds a lot of bass as well.
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/biEiWGLES5g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/biEiWGLES5g&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

OK turn the volume down for this one as the audio pretty much blows, but the flames are entertaining.
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sfJJZKJzwHA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sfJJZKJzwHA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      06-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j|rz44 View Post
Nice!
looks like a beast...
i put a deposit on an white ducati 696...
thought it would be a good first bike for me...
Nice... Yeah a 696 will likely be a great first bike. Not too much, not too little... Lots of fun.
      06-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
I haven't figured out what the hell a user code is either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

sooo can i have your E92 then? haha jk nice bike man always wanted one but my mom won't let me she says there a coffin on wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #9
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
You blip the throttle and as you can imagine the torque pushes the bike to the right, it's cool. .
Doesn't seem very safe....
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Doesn't seem very safe....
BAH, It's entertaining. It's different, and really pretty cool. Makes a pretty mild mannered bike look and feel pretty damn hardcore.
      06-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Nice bonk Rev...that first vid, that road is sweet...i'd go back and forth on that thing like 100X just for fun...

I went and found a 4 leaf clover like onramp/offramp and i went on it several times and toasted the edge of the tire..it started melting...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Nice bonk Rev...that first vid, that road is sweet...i'd go back and forth on that thing like 100X just for fun...

I went and found a 4 leaf clover like onramp/offramp and i went on it several times and toasted the edge of the tire..it started melting...

Nice.... Check out my little GP circuit... About a block from the house. Best I have got for a quick fix when I cannot make it into the canyons. Better int he 335 or on the busa for quick fix, but fun enough on the Griso traffic depending.
Attached Images