BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

04-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Any programmers/computer knowledgeable people ?

§1

Last edited by Bimmer Nerd; 12-11-2014 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
tke344
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f15 X5 50i

I haven't used it but I found this when researching a similar problem for work.

http://www.iopus.com/imacros/form-filling.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Copy-paste.

On a serious note, they design that specifically so that you can't just paste the same info into every page.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Pc: ctrl+c then ctrl+v
Mac: command+c then command+v

Jk I hope you actually find something that works! Since it'll save about an hour of same data entry..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Reach out to local university college campus.

there may be a way to do a Macro to repeat some tasks.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
gwai_jai
The outcast
Rep
Drives: 2010 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Reach out to local university college campus.

there may be a way to do a Macro to repeat some tasks.
just record your keystrokes and mouse clicks using http://www.autohotkey.com/ then with a click of a button, you can have the "common" fields filled out instantly
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwai_jai View Post
just record your keystrokes and mouse clicks using http://www.autohotkey.com/ then with a click of a button, you can have the "common" fields filled out instantly
Hey

I downloaded that program, recorded the keystrokes/mouseclicks. But i can't figure out how to have it fill it out for me automatically. Like if i save that file where it shows everything i clicked on/filled out, how do i use that same file again on a new page in order to replicate it ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
phil_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

You could use a tool like Jmeter that's technically used to load test web applications.

Create some scripts that automatically post all the static content and the variable content such as name etc are read for from a file.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
AMERICUS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i, 04 330 ZHP

At work I do this all the time when working with updating BOMs. I have an excel sheet I built to default the formats and made a macro to alt-tab and copy / paste back and forth. You will need to be able to understand where your cursor is on the page at all times and count the number of time you want to TAB to the next field, but pretty straightforward.

EDIT: I use this for large amounts of information or repetitive tasks so I can simply click the macro to run and come back 20 minutes later.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Nerd View Post
Hey

I downloaded that program, recorded the keystrokes/mouseclicks. But i can't figure out how to have it fill it out for me automatically. Like if i save that file where it shows everything i clicked on/filled out, how do i use that same file again on a new page in order to replicate it ?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICUS View Post
At work I do this all the time when working with updating BOMs. I have an excel sheet I built to default the formats and made a macro to alt-tab and copy / paste back and forth. You will need to be able to understand where your cursor is on the page at all times and count the number of time you want to TAB to the next field, but pretty straightforward.

EDIT: I use this for large amounts of information or repetitive tasks so I can simply click the macro to run and come back 20 minutes later.
Yes I believe the keystroke recording hinges on the ability to tab to the next checkbox or text field. Basically you'd record the Tab + Some text entry for each field, and save all of those sequences as a macro for each form. So your mom will run a specific macro for a specific client or type of client, to get most or all of the form filled out. And then check it over or make new tweaks.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ View Post
You could use a tool like Jmeter that's technically used to load test web applications.

Create some scripts that automatically post all the static content and the variable content such as name etc are read for from a file.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
Yes I believe the keystroke recording hinges on the ability to tab to the next checkbox or text field. Basically you'd record the Tab + Some text entry for each field, and save all of those sequences as a macro for each form. So your mom will run a specific macro for a specific client or type of client, to get most or all of the form filled out. And then check it over or make new tweaks.
Who wants to explain this to me through a PM ? Are you guys all talking about the same program ? The two websites/programs that were provided in this thread, i downloaded them both (imacro & autohotkey), i think i am doing something wrong with imacro, because it gives me an error when i have it "repeat" the task. As for the autohotkey, i recorded my keystrokes and the spaces that i filled out, after saved it onto my computer and then i couldn't figure it out how to have it fill out tasks on a blank form. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated guys. I ll send someone a cool gift if I can figure this out hahah.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #12
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

what if supervisors catch on and say hey all your follow up reports are the same.
good effort what you're doing though.
that form looks rediculous.

auto hotkey is a macro software i've used before myself,
normally you'd record a set of keystrokes, starting with your mouse cursor in say field 1.
you'd save that when you're done.
then you'd open a new form.
and launch that saved keystroke pattern (whilst previously having placed the mouse cursor back in that first field)

it should them repeat the process.

checkout this tutorial
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic44475.html

and the google search i found it from
http://www.google.com/?q=autohotkey%20fill%20form
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
AMERICUS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i, 04 330 ZHP

I do all mine manually in VBA. Never used any software.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #14
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
what if supervisors catch on and say hey all your follow up reports are the same.
good effort what you're doing though.
that form looks rediculous.

auto hotkey is a macro software i've used before myself,
normally you'd record a set of keystrokes, starting with your mouse cursor in say field 1.
you'd save that when you're done.
then you'd open a new form.
and launch that saved keystroke pattern (whilst previously having placed the mouse cursor back in that first field)

it should them repeat the process.

checkout this tutorial
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic44475.html

and the google search i found it from
http://www.google.com/?q=autohotkey%20fill%20form
Well, its not anything "illegal" i'd say. Because if she suspects drastic changes in patients health, she would HAVE to report it immediately to her supervisors. This is just a "follow up" note, every time she visits them. Its not like they base patients needs/medication on this documents. Its just a proof to show patients general health/condition.

Quote:
I do all mine manually in VBA. Never used any software.
VBA ?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
FnFast
Registered
Rep
Drives: WTB 335i

this is my first post at e90. been a stalker for a few weeks. I work at a digital marketing agency and we have web/mobile app developers that are geniuses. I also have a gf thats a RN for the emergency room. To be honest, there's software already out that helps the nurses out. Not sure if this is exactly what your mom needs, but I know my girlfriend does her paper work within 30 mins even if she had like 15-20 patients.

http://www.medecision.com/

We are doing some of their marketing.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #16
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnFast View Post
this is my first post at e90. been a stalker for a few weeks. I work at a digital marketing agency and we have web/mobile app developers that are geniuses. I also have a gf thats a RN for the emergency room. To be honest, there's software already out that helps the nurses out. Not sure if this is exactly what your mom needs, but I know my girlfriend does her paper work within 30 mins even if she had like 15-20 patients.

http://www.medecision.com/

We are doing some of their marketing.
Hey

When you get a chance send me a PM, I'd love to ask you couple of questions if possible,

Thank you for your response.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #17
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0