BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

07-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Evolve 240E Stage 2 Tune & Servo tune Review

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just wanting to give a shout out to Sal@Evolve, Imran@Evolve, and Alex@Evolve for an outstanding customer service experience and an awesome ECU and Servo Tune. I contacted the Evolve team with a short dead line to get the tune so that I could have it for an event, and they delivered. Just some background on my car: 2011 Comp Package with AA HFC X-pipe and UUC Corsa Axel Back and aFe Filter. So I opted for the Stage 2 tune, CEL Delete, Cold Start Delete. Did not feel like I needed the raised Redline or removed speed limiter as my home track does not get to above 130ish. So Evolve updated my 231 software to the new 240E and then tuned the 240E Software. Whole process took about 1hr-1:30. Really easy process! Got in the car and took a drive. The Evolve team told me that it would take about 15 minutes of driving for the car to really adapt but that most of the time the adaptation period is much shorter. So I took it easy for about 15 miles and then went to the place where I usually bed in my brakes (big empty industrial park). Under partial load when the car was feeling sluggish, pre-tune, it now feels like it is eager to get up and go. Under full load there is no question in my mind that above 4000rpm’s there is more torque and the car now just pulls harder and doesn't stop until the rev limiter. This is how the car should have come from the factory.

After receiving the initial tune I contacted Sal@Evolve to see if they could do a Servo tune. Really just to tighten of the steering feel and feel more connected to the road. Sal said sure and off he went doing his magic. I see the track at least once a month all year round so I really was looking for a heavier steering feel once I was above 25ish but a lighter feel under that for maneuvering around the pits and paddock. I always thought the steering feel was fine from the factory but now that it is adjusted just the way I like it, it couldn’t be better. Parking and maneuvering at low speed is now effortless, and the car feels much more connected and confident at speed. This again is how I believe the steering should have felt form the factory.

In conclusion, the team at Evolve is one of the best customer service experiences I have had dealing with any vendors on this forum. They are across the pond but it seems that they are down the street when you are dealing with them. They are innovative in their products and customer service is #1 on their priorities list. I also cannot wait for their DCT Tune! Stay tunes for that review as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Glad you like the upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Awesome review!! Still amazes me how much more Evolve can improve upon the factory stock setup.

Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Great write-up. Nice to see they have the Servo tune out too.
Is that extra?

Have you heard anything about the DCT software they are working on?

Last edited by aus; 07-27-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Is that extra?

I know they are working on the DCT software. Cant wait for it everything else they have done has been great!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
great review!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Is that extra?

Hi,

The servo tune is free of charge and will remain that way.
Existing customers can request it also.

We had the servo maps identified last year and applied some changes onto a vehicle here where the customer his under driven pulleys were causing the steering the be heavier (which is normal). We only made changes to very low speed at that time.

I would expect every tuner to be able to do this.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Hi,

We had the servo maps identified last year and applied some changes onto a vehicle here where the customer his under driven pulleys were causing the steering the be heavier (which is normal). We only made changes to very low speed at that time.

very cool, will send you a email for this
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Hi,

Thanks. Will email about the details also!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

Hi all. Prompted by this and similar threads I contacted Evolve to ask about upgrading my stage 1 to the servo tune. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, as was the case when I got my original tune. Within a day or two I had recieved my new tune from Sal and uploaded it having first successfully downloaded the updated cable software.

The driving experience closes off one of my personal settings bugbears in that I like only having the EDC setting on my M button with all other settings on the key. Obviously I've therefore had to compromise on not having sport steering on permanently, as of course it can't be separated from the M settings. One of the great effects of my original tune was that it gave the kind of throttle response (only better) that was available on Sport+. In short the best steering and throttle settings (most aggressive) are now on the key and the damper adjustment is on the M button. Perfect for me.

As for the driving experience I would say that the steering now loads up much more naturally mid-corner than before. I was so used to the old version that I had forgotten it could be this way. Suffice to say I'm am really enjoying it. The parking assistance also genuinely works only at parking speeds.

Thanks to Sal and all at Evolve, they turn the M3 up to 11 !

Ken
      09-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
e92zero
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73 View Post
Hi all. Prompted by this and similar threads I contacted Evolve to ask about upgrading my stage 1 to the servo tune. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, as was the case when I got my original tune. Within a day or two I had recieved my new tune from Sal and uploaded it having first successfully downloaded the updated cable software.

The driving experience closes off one of my personal settings bugbears in that I like only having the EDC setting on my M button with all other settings on the key. Obviously I've therefore had to compromise on not having sport steering on permanently, as of course it can't be separated from the M settings. One of the great effects of my original tune was that it gave the kind of throttle response (only better) that was available on Sport+. In short the best steering and throttle settings (most aggressive) are now on the key and the damper adjustment is on the M button. Perfect for me.

As for the driving experience I would say that the steering now loads up much more naturally mid-corner than before. I was so used to the old version that I had forgotten it could be this way. Suffice to say I'm am really enjoying it. The parking assistance also genuinely works only at parking speeds.

Thanks to Sal and all at Evolve, they turn the M3 up to 11 !

Ken

that's nice! I am still waiting patiently for my turn to upgrade the tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
M-powerMode
Private
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Great review!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #13
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Great to hear about Evolves awesome customer service. Not many companies like Evolve and good guys like them around who actually know and make there stuff.
      09-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
e92zero
Captain
Rep

Got mine from Sal!!!! Steering was always a bit light for my taste but absolutely love the weighted feel of the steering now. Thanks Sal!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92zero View Post
Got mine from Sal!!!! Steering was always a bit light for my taste but absolutely love the weighted feel of the steering now. Thanks Sal!
No problem!

Anyone else waiting please do email me directly.

The premises move has taken it's toll slightly but now I am back to work as usual. So much faster turn around times again.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #16
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Great to hear about Evolves awesome customer service. Not many companies like Evolve and good guys like them around who actually know and make there stuff.
Ummm. Great to here delivery was prompt. But how is throttle response affected? I thought that wasnt touched. Sport + mode is useless. Too twitchy.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #17
F16RCE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be M4

This sounds like a great option! Coupled with the DCT upgrade the car will feel amazing!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Good review
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Reviews of Evolve's tuning from my E46 M3 days, compounded with the positive reviews of the E9x platform, made decide on Evolve. Plus you can't beat getting the Servo + DCT tune inclusive with the price w/ the current special!

Great review!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Great review. Evolve FTMFW.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0