BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #133
chippy
Banned
Rep
Drives: ---

I don't post often, but I'm a frequent observer.

@Newsong

The tactic of your arguments always follows a similar overall structure; you dismiss any posts that have you cornered and you try to flip the situation around by debunking any value of another's ideas, and you make it sound like being on 6spd has made you holier than the rest. There are multiple replies here that you have skipped by simply blaming it on ignorance and bias.

Stop cherry-picking your replies.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #134
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy View Post

@Newsong

The tactic of your arguments always follows a similar overall structure; you dismiss any posts that have you cornered and you try to flip the situation around by debunking any value of another's ideas, and you make it sound like being on 6spd has made you holier than the rest. There are multiple replies here that you have skipped by simply blaming it on ignorance and bias.

I thought Newsong is a minister.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #135
delhite
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07' E70 4.8i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
SO... What is it chasing?
lambo superveloce SV i think

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #136
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy View Post

@Newsong

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #137
chippy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymonkey View Post
I thought Newsong is a minister.
I know, right? Hahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Typical.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #138
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

So basically you're only in this thread to follow me.

Cyber stalking is illegal in some states now.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #139
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
This has turned from a proper debate to a mud throwing match.

I'm done. When the debate returns to the subject matter then so will I.
Yup. I'm out of here.

Guibo has done this to numerous threads on 6Speed. I honestly think he came into this thread because I was posting here, after he got owned in the GTR forum over there..

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #140
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

For the record, I have also discussed this ZR1 @ Bruntingthorpe vid on other forums where NewSong was absent. Now he thinks people are "out to get him."
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #141
chippy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So basically you're only in this thread to follow me.

Cyber stalking is illegal in some states now.
I got tired of your immature arguments ages ago and felt like stating what I'm sure is on other's minds.

It's amazing how childish you are. I only hope you're under the age of 20.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #142
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
SO... What is it chasing?
2010 Lamborgatti Zonderia GT3R SVXX.2 with Procede
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #143
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
If you believe Porsche/BMW/Audi/Veryon care as much to the extent that GM/Dodge do, then you're retarded. You are assuming something has been said, when it hasn't. Nor was it ever meant. The entry level Porsche is still much higher in quality and more bespoke than the entry level GM (which is built in Korea, no?). And it's priced to match. Meanwhile, the $100K ZR1 still has flimsy seats and a steering wheel out of a Malibu.
Do you seriously care that the Corvette has the same steering wheel as the Malibu?

BTW, the C6 was the first car to use this steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #144
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Do you seriously care that the Corvette has the same steering wheel as the Malibu?

BTW, the C6 was the first car to use this steering wheel.
Pointing out where the Corvette cuts costs doesn't mean I have to care about it. Does it? If you knew anything about me, you'd know I don't really give a rat's ass about the Corvette's interior. For me personally, it's no deal breaker. Could it be better? Sure. Should GM be offering far better seats in an ultra-high performance car like the ZR1? Definitely. Do I think the ZR1 is overpriced? No, I don't. Not in the US, anyway. Nor do I think it does everything as well as other cars.
To assume that other marques (premium ones, no less) put as much emphasis on performance the way GM does, instead of developing the entire car as a whole package, is inaccurate. Other brands care about other things. They realize that a car is more than just a sum of numbers on a spec sheet. Why is this such a controversial subject?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #145
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Pointing out where the Corvette cuts costs doesn't mean I have to care about it. Does it? If you knew anything about me, you'd know I don't really give a rat's ass about the Corvette's interior. For me personally, it's no deal breaker. Could it be better? Sure. Should GM be offering far better seats in an ultra-high performance car like the ZR1? Definitely. Do I think the ZR1 is overpriced? No, I don't. Not in the US, anyway. Nor do I think it does everything as well as other cars.
To assume that other marques (premium ones, no less) put as much emphasis on performance the way GM does, instead of developing the entire car as a whole package, is inaccurate. Other brands care about other things. They realize that a car is more than just a sum of numbers on a spec sheet. Why is this such a controversial subject?
Ok, just checking. I haven't seen much of your posts much and along with the steering wheel, OHV V8, leaf springs, etc I have read here and other areas where people use to bash the Corvette so I when I read it in your post, I got annoyed and posted that.

The seats are a valid criticism for the Corvette. You want to be snug in a vehicle of the Corvette's caliber. Hopefully this will be fixed in the C7.

Sorry again.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #146
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

The ZR1 had no problem... could have passed easily if the road wasn't so small

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #147
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Sorry again.
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklacker View Post
The ZR1 had no problem... could have passed easily if the road wasn't so small
The Lambo driver wasn't trying very hard. By the sound of the engine (coasting or at low revs for long periods of time), the driver was probably still learning that course. Sutcliffe knows that track very well by now. He was driving a similar pace on that track while chasing a Ford Focus RS in a Renault Clio 200 Cup. (Nope, the Focus didn't get away either.)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #148
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
No worries.
The Lambo driver wasn't trying very hard. By the sound of the engine (coasting or at low revs for long periods of time), the driver was probably still learning that course. Sutcliffe knows that track very well by now. He was driving a similar pace on that track while chasing a Ford Focus RS in a Renault Clio 200 Cup. (Nope, the Focus didn't get away either.)
You could easily hear when the Lambo was WOT and the ZR1 closed the gap with zero effort....

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #149
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
You could easily hear when the Lambo was WOT and the ZR1 closed the gap with zero effort....
I'd chalk it up to inertia or the ZR1 getting on the gas slightly earlier.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #150
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
He only dropped the hammer when the road was completely straight. Didn't even feed in the power early on corner exit like you normally can in an AWD car.

One other thing: it's easier to follow another car than it is to set the pace.

Don't believe me? Sync the original video with the one where the Clio is chasing the Focus RS.

As far as the ZR1 closing the gap with zero effort, check these figures for the SV from Evo (timed on a non-dragstrip surface, 2-up, uncorrected for conditions):
0 - 60 mph 3,2 s
0 - 100 mph 7,3 s
0 - 120 mph 9,6 s
0 - 130 mph 11,5 s
0 - 140 mph 13,2 s
0 - 150 mph 15,4 s
0 - 160 mph 18,2 s
0 - 170 mph 21,2 s

You will be hard-pressed to find faster figures for the ZR1, even w/o passenger.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #151
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
He only dropped the hammer when the road was completely straight. Didn't even feed in the power early on corner exit like you normally can in an AWD car.

One other thing: it's easier to follow another car than it is to set the pace.

Don't believe me? Sync the original video with the one where the Clio is chasing the Focus RS.

As far as the ZR1 closing the gap with zero effort, check these figures for the SV from Evo (timed on a non-dragstrip surface, 2-up, uncorrected for conditions):
0 - 60 mph 3,2 s
0 - 100 mph 7,3 s
0 - 120 mph 9,6 s
0 - 130 mph 11,5 s
0 - 140 mph 13,2 s
0 - 150 mph 15,4 s
0 - 160 mph 18,2 s
0 - 170 mph 21,2 s

You will be hard-pressed to find faster figures for the ZR1, even w/o passenger.

I think the ZR1 traps 132ish in about 11.3 seconds. So its about a drivers race to the quarter with the ZR1 probably being a little faster, but the Lambo being easier to drive at 10/10s.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #152
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I think the ZR1 traps 132ish in about 11.3 seconds. So its about a drivers race to the quarter with the ZR1 probably being a little faster, but the Lambo being easier to drive at 10/10s.
I think you missed his point about those times for the SV, they were achieved on a concrete airstrip and not a ultra sticky dragstrip.

When all things are equal I bet the SV would be comfortably ahead, in much the same way as the GT2 was. (j/k)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #153
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
This. The ZR1 will be slightly faster on paper, but when it comes down to it, it's a driver's race.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #154
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
This. The ZR1 will be slightly faster on paper, but when it comes down to it, it's a driver's race.
Correct, when cars are this evenly matched then the driver becomes the deciding factor in much the same way as the M3 vs RS4 or C63 will be, or the S4 vs 335i.

There is no denying that on pure numbers the ZR1 is one seriously impressive car. But I don't think anyone here would admit to preferring it to a true exotic like the SV, or GT2, it's the blue collar worker's champion in much the same way as the GTR.
Appreciate 0