BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Where did SPACE (outer ******* come from?

I'm really bored. This is a crazy question. I just wanted to throw out an opportunity for a ridiculous thread, hear people's theories, etc. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I was just watching the Discovery channel and tripping out.

So, how did space, as in, outer space, happen?

Also, as a side note, if you believe in that "big bang" bullshit then
Because scientists claiming that a bunch of shit just magically appeared out of nowhere, rammed together, and created the universe = . Who put that "stuff" there, the Lucky Charms Leprechaun? If there was no "Space" prior to that happening, what "Space" was that stuff occupying?

How did all the materials to "start" space happen? Seriously, where in the hell did that shit come from? Why does it exist? Damned Discovery channel.

I have a feeling that this will be the worst thread that I have ever created, and people will hate it. Merry Christmas!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

God created space.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

^ I'm with this guy.

+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada View Post
God created space.

Last edited by ybbiz34; 12-22-2007 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I'm really bored. This is a crazy question. I just wanted to throw out an opportunity for a ridiculous thread, hear people's theories, etc. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I was just watching the Discovery channel and tripping out.

So, how did space, as in, outer space, happen?

Also, as a side note, if you believe in that "big bang" bullshit then
Because scientists claiming that a bunch of shit just magically appeared out of nowhere, rammed together, and created the universe = . Who put that "stuff" there, the Lucky Charms Leprechaun? If there was no "Space" prior to that happening, what "Space" was that stuff occupying?

How did all the materials to "start" space happen? Seriously, where in the hell did that shit come from? Why does it exist? Damned Discovery channel.

I have a feeling that this will be the worst thread that I have ever created, and people will hate it. Merry Christmas!
Well I dont believe that all of a sudden things just happen because there must be something there in the first place for other things to happen (like a domino effect).

IMO we're tiny beings living on another being living on another living thing...(recall that one scene from Men in Black). This is hard to believe but I thought of that when I was 7 years ago. I used to be deeply interested in astronomy and all that astronomical stuff. Also, about 10 years ago I thought "what if we're not actually moving through space but everything around us is moving instead?" For example: when you're driving, [I]you're[I] not actually moving. It's the engine that acts as a catylis to warp space and time around you and put everything into perspective to make it seem like you're actually "moving".

As for the "God created space" comment- that's only if you believe in God. For example, I know that Christians do not believe in evolution. However, it's pretty much been proven that evolution exists. So then if you believe in God, it's understandable to just say that God created everything- that's the easy explaination. If you dont, then it raises some pretty good questions:if God created the universe we live in and the space around it, where was God before then? Also, if God existed before the creation of the universe (which was millions and billions of years ago), when was Jesus Christ born? If it is true what the Bible says, then Jesus was born just a few thousand years ago. If that's true, why was Earth chosen to be his birthplace and not any other planet?

PS- I believe that we worship the same God(s)- we just have different views of them.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Well I dont believe that all of a sudden things just happen because there must be something there in the first place for other things to happen (like a domino effect).

IMO we're tiny beings living on another being living on another living thing...(recall that one scene from Men in Black). This is hard to believe but I thought of that when I was 7 years ago. I used to be deeply interested in astronomy and all that astronomical stuff. Also, about 10 years ago I thought "what if we're not actually moving through space but everything around us is moving instead?" For example: when you're driving, [I]you're[I] not actually moving. It's the engine that acts as a catylis to warp space and time around you and put everything into perspective to make it seem like you're actually "moving".

As for the "God created space" comment- that's only if you believe in God. For example, I know that Christians do not believe in evolution. However, it's pretty much been proven that evolution exists. So then if you believe in God, it's understandable to just say that God created everything- that's the easy explaination. If you dont, then it raises some pretty good questions:if God created the universe we live in and the space around it, where was God before then? Also, if God existed before the creation of the universe (which was millions and billions of years ago), when was Jesus Christ born? If it is true what the Bible says, then Jesus was born just a few thousand years ago. If that's true, why was Earth chosen to be his birthplace and not any other planet?

PS- I believe that we worship the same God(s)- we just have different views of them.
I thought there were no observations of macro-evolution occuring so far?

Before evolution-preachers get on my case. I am not trying to start another evolution vs. id thread.

I wasn't referring to the Christian God in particular, I'm just referring to a higher being in general.

Where was God before the universe? Probably chilling in his perfect domain. He probably got bored and created the universe, then decided to create Earth one day. The same reason humans created The Sims.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:

Like a painter, for your greatest work would you not choose the greatest canvas?? Perhaps earth was chosen because it was the best out of all the other planets. He then started painting and made dinosaurs, and quickly got bored with that.. So he slung paint all over the canvas to cover it up and start all over again.

I believe in god, but I also believe in evolution.
There is already enough in this world that we don't understand, how can one expect to understand everything else that isn't on the face of this planet??

-Nathan
      12-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #7
De90man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sedan

Space is Nothing.

And when scientists try to understand, weigh, or measure Nothingness, they often miss its essence.

Space is the formless no-thing that all some-things come from. It's the darkness of the womb that makes life possible...it's the empty mind before a thought or idea pops in...even the room we sit in now is mostly space and this space allows form, chairs, sofas, and you to Be.

Which makes space pure creative material, the starting point...or The Body of God.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #8
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Like a painter, for your greatest work would you not choose the greatest canvas?? Perhaps earth was chosen because it was the best out of all the other planets. He then started painting and made dinosaurs, and quickly got bored with that.. So he slung paint all over the canvas to cover it up and start all over again.

I believe in god, but I also believe in evolution.
There is already enough in this world that we don't understand, how can one expect to understand everything else that isn't on the face of this planet??

-Nathan
Is that what the Bible says or are those your own words?

But your second point basically summed up what I was thinking: the universe is too vast and we already dont know much about it, let alone trying to figure out the origin of our origin. It's just so difficult to imagine what space was like before there was any, well, space.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #9
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
chicken
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #10
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is that what the Bible says or are those your own words?

But your second point basically summed up what I was thinking: the universe is too vast and we already dont know much about it, let alone trying to figure out the origin of our origin. It's just so difficult to imagine what space was like before there was any, well, space.
Just how I see it.. Since I was little I always thought if it as..
Like a kid, he made dinosaurs and then became bored with them.. So he then had to create something more advanced to interest him.

-Nathan
      12-23-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
well. im staying out of this one. but i will say, i beleive that we are just a living organism inside another organism inside another organism inside another organism etc....

catch my flow?
      12-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #12
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
well. im staying out of this one. but i will say, i beleive that we are just a living organism inside another organism inside another organism inside another organism etc....

catch my flow?
I don't believe that though because I don't think that we would be stable, and something would have to come along and mess us up somehow.. +I doubt in another world an organism would live for 4.6billion years.. I also don't think that organism's on our earth have little things living on them.. >__<

-Nathan
      12-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #13
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
However, it's pretty much been proven that evolution exists.
Ummm, no?

Allele frequency sure, traits and such yeah both are totally legit, but I still haven't seen what I'd call even remotely convincing evidence that we started as a pool of amino acids and somehow became humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #14
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Ummm, no?

Allele frequency sure, traits and such yeah both are totally legit, but I still haven't seen what I'd call even remotely convincing evidence that we started as a pool of amino acids and somehow became humans.
Ahhh.. we are talking about evolution from an organism??
Let's just say I believe in a partial evolution.. I believe God put us here and we started as animals, then evolved into humans.

-Nathan
      12-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Came_from_Outer_Space
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
banana
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #17
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1794722
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #18
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
the universe is just a molecule somewhere in the greater world
      12-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #19
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuufer001 View Post
the universe is just a molecule somewhere in the greater world
+1
      12-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #20
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

we already have this thead in the politics/religion section...i beleive it was HKS vs. e90im

didn't come to any conclusion....
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #21
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Chuck Norris.
      12-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #22