BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
BMW M Power Mexico
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E60M5,E821M,F15X5V8

Question Decision Time (Almost Made)

Well, I am about to pull the trigger on an '09 (pre-facelift) E90 sedan M3.

I will be selling both my MINI Convertible and my '05 E46 M3 to get this. I am getting an extraordinary deal at 60K for an almost fully loaded E90 '09 M3. The usual list price for this car in Mexico is 87K. BMW just came out with this huge promotion 2 weeks ago since demand has dried up given the current economic situation. I am getting the car brand new at the same price as a used Ž08 low mileage car but with a full warranty and I get to break it in. As a matter of fact, I will be paying 5K less in USD than what I paid for the E46 back in late '05.

I already left a small deposit to hold the car but I think IŽll get it next week. The car is a 6SPD sparkling graphite sedan with black leather interior.

Other options I am considering:

'08 Alpine White Coupe M3 with Red interior (with Carbon Fiber roof and 1.8K miles at about 3K less)

I am a bit worried about the previous owner having followed proper break-in for this car.

'07 Cayman S with 7,000 miles at about 6K less (no warranty).

A Porsche is unusable everyday in Mexico City given the security here. I'd have to get a beater for daily driving. I think I can de-badge the M3 sedan and drive it every day.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M Power Mexico View Post

A Porsche is unusable everyday in Mexico City given the security here. I'd have to get a beater for daily driving. I think I can de-badge the M3 sedan and drive it every day.

Thoughts?
get that guy from that "Man on Fire" to protect you
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
samM376'
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

I'll be heading over there on the 26th we should meet up lol, I think I've posted more to you on M3forum
But it's no joke what hes talking about, I think the M3 is even a little too flashy over there. I live in Polanco and have a GLI as a daily driver despite having way better cars
But for the money I would consider the 08' AW I'm biased towards the coupe and if it still has its warranty I think you have nothing to worry about and could dump any problems with the car onto the dealer

http://chitownm.com
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 03:53 AM   #4
Sticky2
Banned
Rep
Drives: PG nuts

Haven't you seen those Geico commercials? There is a better way to protect your stuff, call Geico.

I like their Gecko.
Appreciate 0