BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

10-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #23
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
I disagree with that. I have two accerelation meters, a Gtech and a Vbox, and they both confirm Edmunds gap between 1' rollout and standstill.
You say you disagree but then you agree. Perhaps you ought to read my post again. From the time you pop the clutch or release the brake to the time you roll one foot takes longer than two tenths of a second, for the reasons mentioned.

You say C & D is "cheating", but they're very up front with how they measure, and that procedure is no more or less viable than anyone else's.

What is your personal measurement scheme for measuring 0-60 times? Is it from when you tell the car you want to go via clutch release or brake release? Is it from when the car begins to roll? Is it from when the car has already rolled a foot in order to match drag strip clocks? Would you want to zero the time to standard day weather conditions? No? Yes?

Whatever you say is fine by me, but may not match what I may consider to be the "correct" method. So what. It'll almost certainly be one of the viable methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
You may argue that it only matters that they apply consistent testing. I disagree again. There is no way an m3 will consistently match CTS-V to 60.
So, you prefer inconsistent testing? You can't mean that.

I would tend to agree that an M3 almost certainly cannot consistently match the CTS-V in 0-60 times, but again, so what? Car & Driver got that time using their specific testing methods and reported it. It just happened to be the quickest time they've ever gotten from an M3 in that test. Are you saying they lied? If so, why? And were they lying the last several times they tested an M3 and got differing (slower) results?

By the way, there is the possibility that the M3 with launch control and the competition package might actually be able to match the Caddy to that speed, because the Caddy lacks launch control.

Finally, and I've mentioned this more than once in the past, who gives a damn? 0-60 isn't a useful measure of anything I know of out here on the mean streets or tracks - mainly because it doesn't tell you who's ahead at 60.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
amgeater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
It always puzzled me why people consider the CTS-V as competition when the M3 clearly is overpowered by the CTS-V's supercharged engine. What happens if it goes against the RD Sport RS46? How interesting would that be? Even better, how would it fair against a supercharged S65 engine?
SUPERCHARGED S65 ENGINE ????? is this a new engine or a new vehicle that I dont know anything about ??? you mean the BiTurbo S65 engine
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #25
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0