BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #353
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG M3 (SOLD), '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Then it should be easy for you to point out how it varies from a gen 3717.
Time to put up or shut up.
No one gives a crap with breaking it down to you whether it is real or fake. Keep wearing that rep., I mean fake watch. No need to tell folks how much you saved, do multiple comparisons and blah, blah, blah...Just STFU.

Try dropping it and see if it works, try to wear it for a few more years and see if it still runs, try to sell it in a few years and see if anyone would care to take it when you need money...those are a few things people who buy real watches care about.

Last edited by WRXXX; 10-03-2012 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #354
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
No one gives a crap with breaking it down to you whether it is real or fake.
I'll take that as a no then - I knew you were all mouth...jeez what a douche.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #355
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'll take that as a no then - I knew you were all mouth...jeez what a douche.
You expect me to do a research, make educated comparisons..etc all for your amusement? Especially on a particular watch I don't own with just a web photo? If its your intent to fool people, then yeah u might fool a few just like the fake Ferrari's out there. Wow, good for you Wankerlord.

Also, stay on topic. Since when is this about spotting a real or fake watch during our discussion? I know there are tons of good fakes. But in the end it is still a fake. Its the principal and the fact you are going about shooting your mouth about how much you saved.

Last edited by WRXXX; 10-03-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #356
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

LOL dude give it up, you got called but you've got no game.
You certainly talk the talk but you can't walk the walk.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #357
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Alright children... Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
      10-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #358
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkster View Post
+1

+1
      10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #359
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

there is certain value in a fake. it gives you a specific look you like without costing an arm and leg. its like rep parts a lot of people run on here. nobody trys to pass them off as the real deal and often end up getting the true product after disappointment with the rep. the real douche is the guy who trys to sell his fake watch or bmw aftermarket part as the genuine article. then there is a problem.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #360
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

my suggestion, dont buy either...BBK loses its appeal real fast...certainly has no functional benefit unless you track alot.

I wouldnt buy a Panerai except the models where the in house Panerai movement is in the watch...Panerai's are kinda a fad and seem to be going out of style....no way I pay premium price for a watch that uses a ETA or Valjoux mvt.

Stick with Jaeger LeCoultre, A. Lange Sohne, Audemars Piguet, IWC, maybe even Breitling or Zenith.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #361
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
No, its not true. Have you been to a watch factory. I mean a real watch factory? My friend's dad is an sales exec for IWC in HK. The cost of the watch is much, much more then $500. Also if you take into consideration the amount of marketing, design and testing they do, it becomes even more.

I just bought a samsung galaxy s3 for a bit over $500. It can tell time, date, GPS location, maps, send email, surf the internet, send email, sms, run games and apps, take pictures, video, etc. Oh and it can also make a phone call. If a watch that can't even do 99.99% of that, and the one thing it does (i.e. tell time) is even less accurate than the phone, yet costs way more than $500, then maybe IWC and the rest of those fancy watchmakers need to improve the efficiency of their R&D and manufacturing
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #362
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

apples and oranges my friend.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #363
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
LOL dude give it up, you got called but you've got no game.
You certainly talk the talk but you can't walk the walk.
Got called on what? The fact your fake watch looks close to the real thing but its still a fake in the end . Our discussion was not about spotting fake watches over the internet. Nice way of changing topics to make yourself feel better. So give it up.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #364
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
my suggestion, dont buy either...BBK loses its appeal real fast...certainly has no functional benefit unless you track alot.

I wouldnt buy a Panerai except the models where the in house Panerai movement is in the watch...Panerai's are kinda a fad and seem to be going out of style....no way I pay premium price for a watch that uses a ETA or Valjoux mvt.

Stick with Jaeger LeCoultre, A. Lange Sohne, Audemars Piguet, IWC, maybe even Breitling or Zenith.
While my wife and I love our Jaeger master compressors, they don't keep time for shit. a g-shock that syncs with the atomic clock time keeps better time. so i may have 12K on my wrist, but it never keeps good time. i even sent it back to switzerland twice.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #365
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
While my wife and I love our Jaeger master compressors, they don't keep time for shit. a g-shock that syncs with the atomic clock time keeps better time. so i may have 12K on my wrist, but it never keeps good time. i even sent it back to switzerland twice.
First of all, never ever waste money like that on your wife...she wouldnt know a JLC from a Rolex or Chopard haha......just kiddin ya kinda...JLC's are esoteric and should be purchased by true watch lovers....

Back on topic, you have a bad watch...JLC's SHOULD keep great time.

You're prob using a cheap watch winder...mine didnt keep good time either until I bought a Wolf Modular 4.0 which winds watch 900 revolutions at a time in counter-clockwise....when I had cheaper Wolf model that did 600 revolutions, my JLC MCD didnt keep time worth a shit you're right.

Lastly, why would you send the watch back to Switerland when the JLC repair center for the US is near you in Fort Worth Texas???...mine is in Fort Worth right now getting polished...you sure you have a Jaeger?...maybe you have a Kaeger?....
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #366
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
First of all, never ever waste money like that on your wife...she wouldnt know a JLC from a Rolex or Chopard haha......just kiddin ya kinda...JLC's are esoteric and should be purchased by true watch lovers....

Back on topic, you have a bad watch...JLC's SHOULD keep great time.

You're prob using a cheap watch winder...mine didnt keep good time either until I bought a Wolf Modular 4.0 which winds watch 900 revolutions at a time in counter-clockwise....when I had cheaper Wolf model that did 600 revolutions, my JLC MCD didnt keep time worth a shit you're right.

Lastly, why would you send the watch back to Switerland when the JLC repair center for the US is near you in Fort Worth Texas???...mine is in Fort Worth right now getting polished...you sure you have a Jaeger?...maybe you have a Kaeger?....
oh no, she is all about having it without anyone knowing what it is. no way she is wearing a rolex. when she saw the Master Compressor Diving GMT Lady with a white alligator strap, i knew she was not budging. i bought the M3 as her DD, so why not a JLC. she earns enough to cover both.

i do not use a winder. i wear it every day. all my other automatics sit in the safe. are you putting your JLC on a winder every night if you wear it every day?

i did not send it back to switzerland. JLC US did as they apparently could not get it running properly. my wife's went to somewhere in the US when it was not keeping good time. we just each took them back to where we bought them. again, we both wear them every day. never felt as though i should have to have a winder unless i was swapping automatics all the time.

never heard of Kaeger.

my models attached. changed the face on mine a little since i got it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #367
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:
I had the same experience with my Omega: My quartz watches keep time to within seconds per month, but the Omega lost it after a few months and had to be repaired.

That said, I like it, and it's now accurate to within a couple seconds a day. Funny how "classic" can be a step back in capability tho

Cheers

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #368
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
All aboard the douche canoe. If any Audi fans see this thread we are all fucked.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #369
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
All aboard the douche canoe. If any Audi fans see this thread we are all fucked.
      10-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #370
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
How does a BBK loose its appeal? How does that work? :
Hmmm...perhaps like this, after 2 wks you just walk right by your BBK without even looking at them...you get used to it, hence it loses its novelty?...I think I have lost interest after driving a 100K Porsche after a few wks...even watches....just look in your garage or closet at all the crap you have bought in the past and no longer care about.

If women lose their appeal, I am fairly certain a BBK can lose their appeal too...

Humans are kind of like that no???...

This thread is ludicrous as people should buy what they want and not ask strangers on a MB what is right for them...now that we can all agree on right....
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #371
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

if you track your car i dont think the BBK will ever loose its appeal. sadly other things you say are too true. women, clothes, watches, all human nature to become accustomed to them and want more.

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #372
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

just picked up a hamilton pilot. not as baller as the IWC but a nice looking automatic pilot.

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #373
nmehta211
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Quote:
That's really unfortunate. You should write them a letter--they will probably replace it. I bought a JLC Master Geographic last year that ran slow, and they replaced it, no questions asked. For $12,000 I would expect that!

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
Appreciate 0