BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

03-08-2007, 06:48 AM   #221
///M53R
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Defector View Post
Not impressed at all! Someone already stated it..E46 for life. Whats up with steering wheel? Looks like something from MTV's "Pimp my Ride" No Recaro racing seats? How about some racing pedals? Is the interior completed? Looks to subdued.

I am glad that I made the decision not to wait!

Disappointed M3 Driver

Relax! Im quite sure the stuff you mentioned wont make it into production. Its just a concept!

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #222
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donky904 View Post
Here is the next one.

Another of Donky's videos - awesome!

Its wearing the 18-inchers off the mules. We've seen those before! I could listen to this all day - and I will....in about 9 months.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #223
Donky904
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R32 DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
Another of Donky's videos - awesome!

Its wearing the 18-inchers off the mules. We've seen those before! I could listen to this all day - and I will....in about 9 months.

The sound was so great. The first drive with the coverd car was for testing.
And one of the guys from BMW said: " He can't push that throttle so hard at the presentation, we manly want to present the blutec cars at geneva, and not how to waist petrol. But that doesn't intrest the driver.

So we had luck. :rocks:

The 9 month will be hard, yesterday I went to my Audi dealer and told him to cancel my order for the RS 4, he wasn't lucky about that. But after watching the video again I was sure that I should wait for that great M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #224
Hotan Braskey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M on Order- VO please

I didn't get to read all the posts, so sorry if someone already asked this, but does it look like a full leather package will be an option? From the interior shots it looks like their is leather stitching on the center console next to the shitfer. Not sure I would get it, but it would be nice to have the option.
      03-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #225
bolidas
Rep
Drives: audi a8

one ugly bimmer
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #226
andyc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i White

has BMW released confirmed figures for its performance of the new M3? HP? TORQUE?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 11:42 PM   #227
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Housemaster and SteveD are both respected veterans of bm3w who know more about M cars than most of the childish posters I have seen attacking them in this thread.
One more vote for SteveD and Housemaster. Read them for a long time.

BTW, per what BMW insiders say, it was a hybrid version shown at Geneva. Something between regular and CSL.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #228
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donky904 View Post
The sound was so great. The first drive with the coverd car was for testing.
And one of the guys from BMW said: " He can't push that throttle so hard at the presentation, we manly want to present the blutec cars at geneva, and not how to waist petrol. But that doesn't intrest the driver.

So we had luck. :rocks:

The 9 month will be hard, yesterday I went to my Audi dealer and told him to cancel my order for the RS 4, he wasn't lucky about that. But after watching the video again I was sure that I should wait for that great M3.

Donky thank you so much for the videos. You are a hero.

+1 for SteveD, my Z4MC brother who is very respected here.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #229
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotan Braskey View Post
I didn't get to read all the posts, so sorry if someone already asked this, but does it look like a full leather package will be an option? From the interior shots it looks like their is leather stitching on the center console next to the shitfer. Not sure I would get it, but it would be nice to have the option.
The console leather, as well as the leather on the center of the dash, looks like the "Carbon Leather" trim option currently available on the Z4 M's. It would be nice if the M3 had a full leather option, because the pebble-grain on the dash isn't too pretty. I don't think anyone has any info on that yet, but I'd bet against it because full leather like on the M5, isn't really the M3's market, or, hasn't been...... Not sure how far "upmarket" they want to move the M3, with the coming of the 1 series M....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:10 AM   #230
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
It would be nice if the M3 had a full leather option, because the pebble-grain on the dash isn't too pretty.
I could not believe how cheap the pebble grain stuff looked on the upper dash of an Z 4 M Coupe I checked out recently. Does the E92 use the same material?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #231
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Some info from great Scott:

Quote:
And why would BMW show a hybrid of a CSL & a regular production M3. Are you sure we did not just see the CSL M3 on the show floor, with the production model being stashed behind the scenes?
As I said their are elements shown here that do not feature on the production car for example the concept car does not share the CSL carbon fibre bootlid which with an integrated spoiler confines the licence plate to the rear bumper. And the CSL gets further aerodynamic aid at the front of the car than the production M3 Coupe. A pre-production prototype M3 is at Geneva along with two other key models and an X5 Individual . MINI had brought a Clubman or two along. One was for evalution and presentation and another which will be a real-life teaser of the MINI Clubman on the streets of Geneva.

Quote:
I think the video of the production car backing up, raises some questions as to BMW not being sure which car to debut in Geneva... Which makes it interesting to speculate why BMW decided not to show the production car...
I was still in my hotel at this point but. To me it looks like They were probably still prepping the Concept Car for it's introduction but used the wrapped production car for a rehersal. I know that both M3's did not arrive in Geneva until the afternoon the previous day. So they would have little time to do a run through as the car was shown to Swiss representitives in a studio in Geneva the night before the show.

@ Geneva 2004 we had two M5's available one for Herr Stuck to drive onto the stage as Herr Priaulx did with the M3 and one which was on display on a plinth. Again the drivable one was kept behind closed doors as was two examples of the about-to-be announced BMW 1er. And a example of the upcoming E90.

We did not debut the production car for three reasons A : The car is still in the final stages of development and B: The timeframe which we have allocated from Concept car to international launch fits in well with our requirements. And C: Our Product roadmap called for updates to two key European models the 5er and 1er so these had priority over everything else. The Frankfurt motor show is the most important motor show of 2007 and the M3 deserves a high profile launch.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #232
BimmerboyPate92
BimmerBoyPatE92
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly e39 540i w/6 spd man

I know some people don't like the mirrors.but I do..I was wondering if they would ever come back with e36 style mirrors
      03-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #233
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
I could not believe how cheap the pebble grain stuff looked on the upper dash of an Z 4 M Coupe I checked out recently. Does the E92 use the same material?
The E92 has a better quality surface IMO.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #234
Housemaster
I know everything............... EVER!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK42 View Post
Nice to see this guy trolling with these sock puppet accounts, supporting his own opinion. There is nothing CSL about this release. There's no CSL even planned of the E9x M3 at this point. This whole CSL-issue has been totally blown out of proportion and is completely wild speculation. Keep in mind the E46 M3 CSL was a very limited production run of less than 6 months, producing few thousand individual vehicles for the EU market and if there ever will be another M3 CSL, it will most likely follow that suite. Forget about E92 M3 CSL! It's bunch of BS fed by people who want to see people speculate on something that won't happen for years, if ever - now that the speculation on the E92 M3 is about to end as the facts come out. If anything, it's more likely for M GmbH to produce a racing version of the new M3 along the lines of Z4 M Coupé Rennsport for racing teams to procure, but no CSL.

Oh and by the way, who's going to tell me now that the E92 M3 is going to be introduced in fall 2007?

The car itself looks good. Shame about the limited production quotas for 2007 and the initial availability of manual only transmission.

Best regards,

Jussi
Tell you what, pop on over to www.bm3w.co.uk

Then search user SteveD, Zod, Woms, Housemaster and a few others if you think we are one person. Sock puppet for feck sake, wind your neck in son, your making a cock of yourself!

You might want to read through some of SteveD's posts too, see why most of us in the know take what he says with a load more weight than people like you who we no NOTHING about and who have NO track record over many years within the more 'grown up' motoring forums. Many of us have orders for E92 CSL's and E92 M3's sitting in our dealers, and have done so for over a year, just as we did for the E46 so rest assured we have been watching the world of M for years, not a few months. I am neither a troll or a person with all the answers, but I do get pissed like some of my fellow bm3w members when we see the blind leading the blind!

Enjoy your forum, bm3w is back, and I suggest a few of our more open minded cousins may wish to take a look for a little more 'in depth' discussion rather than engaging with a few mass debaters. I wish your forum all the best, I really do
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #235
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housemaster View Post
Tell you what, pop on over to www.bm3w.co.uk

Then search user SteveD, Zod, Woms, Housemaster and a few others if you think we are one person. Sock puppet for feck sake, wind your neck in son, your making a cock of yourself!

You might want to read through some of SteveD's posts too, see why most of us in the know take what he says with a load more weight than people like you who we no NOTHING about and who have NO track record over many years within the more 'grown up' motoring forums. Many of us have orders for E92 CSL's and E92 M3's sitting in our dealers, and have done so for over a year, just as we did for the E46 so rest assured we have been watching the world of M for years, not a few months. I am neither a troll or a person with all the answers, but I do get pissed like some of my fellow bm3w members when we see the blind leading the blind!

Enjoy your forum, bm3w is back, and I suggest a few of our more open minded cousins may wish to take a look for a little more 'in depth' discussion rather than engaging with a few mass debaters. I wish your forum all the best, I really do
+1

I'm not looking forward to bm3w.co.uk going offline again in a few weeks. It never ceases to amaze me some of the crap I read on here.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #236
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Here's an article from EVO on SteveD's Z4 M coupe. His name appears on 2nd column 2nd line.

His post with pics on X5world.com when he sold his X5 4.8is and bought ML63 AMG recently

He is also on Bimmerfest and several other boards. I have been reading SteveD's posts on several boards since 2003. I know he is real.

SteveD's Z4 M coupe and M3 CSL.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:23 AM   #237
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

So, have that JK42. If I were you I'd be feeling pretty silly now.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #238
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
So, have that JK42. If I were you I'd be feeling pretty silly now.
Yes I hope everyone here is suitably awed.

Okay BM3W guys, share your superior knowledge about the E92 M3 with the all the uninformed children on this board!

There is no reason for us to speculate when we have true authorities on all things BMW in our presence! Thank god!

For the standard model and the CSL please tell us: What is the weight? What is the HP/TQ? What is the redline? Will EDC be available? What differences will there be between the US and EU versions? What is the ring time?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and insight!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #239
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
Yes I hope everyone here is suitably awed.

Okay BM3W guys, share your superior knowledge about the E92 M3 with the all the uninformed children on this board!

There is no reason for us to speculate when we have true authorities on all things BMW in our presence! Thank god!

For the standard model and the CSL please tell us: What is the weight? What is the HP/TQ? What is the redline? Will EDC be available? What differences will there be between the US and EU versions? What is the ring time?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and insight!
Who's claiming to be an expert on the new M3? None of us know any definite facts about the E92 M3, but we do know what it won't have. You get people on here asking "will it have a turbo?", "will it have 4WD", "unless there's an auto option I'm not getting one". These are the sorts of people who come on this forum.

In answer to your questions. My educated guesses are

Weight:
Standard: 1590 kg
CSL: 1490kg

HP
Standard: 420bhp
CSL: 440bhp

Redline
Standard: 8250
CSL: 8250

EDC available
Standard: Yes, there has been a mule spotted with it.
CSL: Yes, see above

Ring time:
Sub 8 minutes for both.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #240
mdriver
Rookie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Grey E46 M3

Very detailed series of pics. I just found the design of the rear too busy and seem like "tried too hard". Also, the mirrors will take some getting used to but I think it will look special when we see enough of them on the roads later.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #241
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manz_UK View Post
thats gona look so mean on the street!!
lol at your sign.

amazing pictures...!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 01:59 AM   #242
9K3Series
Registered
Rep
Drives: 94e36

Goooosh! I just love all those pics, man.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread