BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
what defines a "classic?"
everything that burns gas will be a classic at some point. you will have to steal it from crazy australian bandits like mel gibson.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
rye m3
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
My only plans are BMW Performance stuff. I ordered my car with the spoiler delete and will add the CF spoiler shortly. I'm considering the exhaust (knowing it doesn't add much other than weight loss and sound) and that's about it.
+1

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #25
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
So,

I have owned a lot of BMWs over the years and nearly every one of them was modified to some degree. From my old M6 with Schrick cams and a header-to-exhaust road-beast to my Z4M track day toy with a completely altered everything...

Is there anyone out there that plans on leaving your E9x M3 stock? I think this car is going to be a classic car. It is the last of the non-turbo charged ///M cars and I will do my best to resist modding this time 'round. If so, I believe in 10-20 years with a completely stock product, it will be something of a rarity.

I'm curious as to how many of you will plan to do the same.
I strongly believe in leaving the car stock ... exactly as the car came off the assembly line. My 535is almost 25 years now (1987) is pure stock.

If you alter it with any non-stock part it will never be a classic ...

my 0.02 cents

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #26
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
My only plans are BMW Performance stuff. I ordered my car with the spoiler delete and will add the CF spoiler shortly. I'm considering the exhaust (knowing it doesn't add much other than weight loss and sound) and that's about it.
Akra EVO costs almost the same amount of money. Go pick one up with CF tips. You'll gain HP and TQ. And shed some weight.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #27
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Also, people personalize their cars. Just because it's modded, doesn't mean the car isn't a classic. On a personal note, I don't think the M3 will ever be a classic. It's going to go down in the history books, but not a classic.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 01:49 AM   #28
PlannBee
Major
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: A Visible E36

i have to agree with the whole if you keep it stock and minty it will be worth a lot in the next 10-20 years. i wouldnt mind doing that as well.

but for me, its about the car being built by me and the love you put into a car. i feel if you put more mods or upgrades, etc. into your car you will love it more because you built it and you grew an attachment to your car.

if you start low, you can always build your way to the top. but if you start at the top, where can you rise? you have no where else to go but down.

a simple way to say this is, "amazing cars are built, not bought"

just my .02

"My Real E36" - '96 328is 5MT/Boston Green/Beige/Wood Grain/18" Style 189/BONE STOCK
Appreciate 0