BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Can dealer update ECU with CEL?

Thanks for your input.

I am installing my Akrapovic exhaust tomorrow, and am booked into the dealer on March 30th to have the annual "M" service done. At this service, I am going to have them update the ECU to the latest software, in preparation for my ECU tune (ESS)(If it even makes a difference).

My question is, if I should get the CEL due to the Akrapovic prior to me bringing the car into the service, can they still do the update? This may sound like a stupid question, and if so, apologies. I am thinking that if they can't do the update, then ESS is going to rewrite the software anyways.

thanks for any help!
      03-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Not sure in Canada but when I had E92 335i, I went to local autozone/advanced autoparts type of chain car parts store to read code and gave the guy $5 under the table to delete the code.
Depends on the dealer, they may not like the fact that they're eliminating the BMW fault code. So I think it's safer bet to delete it off site than the dealership.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0