BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

06-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Angel Eye Question...

When I place my E92 M3 order in the next couple of months, I'm curious to know what color are the angel eye halos that will come on my M3 from the factory? I recall that some BMW models now have white angel eyes while others have the older yellowish color.

Thanks,
Navin

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
When I place my E92 M3 order in the next couple of months, I'm curious to know what color are the angel eye halos that will come on my M3 from the factory? I recall that some BMW models now have white angel eyes while others have the older yellowish color.

Thanks,
Navin

The E9x M3s never received the upgrade due to the headlight design, they still have the halogen halos. I recommend that you order a set of the LUX

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

A $20 pair of HPThunders is all you need . OEM wattage and voltage, so no modifications at all. I don't understand people who want blinding brightness; they're DRLs, not freaking headlights .
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
A $20 pair of HPThunders is all you need . OEM wattage and voltage, so no modifications at all. I don't understand people who want blinding brightness; they're DRLs, not freaking headlights .
lux's are not blinding, especially compared to HID's (which in fact are IMO and wash out the stock xenon headlights at night). Also, OEM wattage is nice, but @ 7500K or 8500K the halogen gp thunders can be almost non existent in daylgiht. That being said, you could code the voltage to a higher setting as to get the halogen bulbs a bit brighter (kind of like what the camross elite kit does). Most aftermarket plug and play options are not as bright as OEM LCI led ae's but IMO a good match and far improvement over stock. I've tried almost every plug and play option out there, ended up with GP thunders until lux finally released v3 which is compatible with 2010+ models. Could not be happier with my decision. Notice I said plug and play, not including ls3's or orion rings...
      06-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

They will come with yellow angel eyes.

Read my post here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=415

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Andrew_K_AZ
Secret Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 (AW/BLK)

I have the Angel iBright 3.0 on my car. Its a high quality plug & play upgrade that is cool running, xenon color matched with even light distribution. They are not perfect though - not as bright in sunlight as I would have liked.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the DRLs brighter.... the new LCI DRL Angel Eyes on 2011+ Non-M E9X and the 2011+ 5 & 6 series are very bright, color matched with Xenons and looks frickin fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
rye m3
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

I started the same thread a while back. Who knows, by the time you order, you may get a 2012 and they may have changed the halos by then as a model year improvement. Probably fairly likely.

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
I started the same thread a while back. Who knows, by the time you order, you may get a 2012 and they may have changed the halos by then as a model year improvement. Probably fairly UNlikely.
Here let me fix that for you
      06-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
Here let me fix that for you

Putting in LED Angel Eyes would would cost too much, or BMW would of done it with the coupe LCI. BMW never changes the front end on M's with the refresh. The may with the next gen, but history tells us that they won't.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
virjose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Crazy how the same questions keep coming up over and over. Perhaps the search button has been masked with a new thread one
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by virjose View Post
Crazy how the same questions keep coming up over and over. Perhaps the search button has been masked with a new thread one
Just a usual day at Bimmerpost, really. You'll get use to it after awhile.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by virjose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Just a usual day at Bimmerpost, really. You'll get use to it after awhile.
Relax fellas... I know perfectly well how to use the search button and I chose to post here now so I could see what the latest options are for the halo replacements.

No one is putting a gun to either of your heads to post in my thread so deal with it and quit whining about it.

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel

Last edited by Navin323i; 06-05-2011 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
The E9x M3s never received the upgrade due to the headlight design, they still have the halogen halos. I recommend that you order a set of the LUX
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Thanks for the info but are we talking about the same thing? I was talking about the angel eye rings themselves. I have the Predator Orion V1 LED angel eyes right now in my 323i headlights which are white halo rings only (not the whole headlight assembly) so I'm used to having white halos and would prefer it on my M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
They will come with yellow angel eyes.

Read my post here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=415
Thanks Chris! Hope you've been well, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_K_AZ View Post
I have the Angel iBright 3.0 on my car. Its a high quality plug & play upgrade that is cool running, xenon color matched with even light distribution. They are not perfect though - not as bright in sunlight as I would have liked.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the DRLs brighter.... the new LCI DRL Angel Eyes on 2011+ Non-M E9X and the 2011+ 5 & 6 series are very bright, color matched with Xenons and looks frickin fantastic.
Thanks for the info, Andrew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
I started the same thread a while back. Who knows, by the time you order, you may get a 2012 and they may have changed the halos by then as a model year improvement. Probably fairly likely.
Good point! I hope you saw my post in your recent thread with pics of your car. Would love to see more pics of your interior. You've convinced me to go 2 tone red/black with the Melbourne Red exterior that I plan on ordering.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #14
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Relax fellas... I know perfectly well how to use the search button and I chose to post here now so I could see what the latest options are for the halo replacements.

No one is putting a gun to either of your heads to post in my thread so deal with it and quit whining about it.
No one is whining. The fact is, this is a repost. No way of getting around that.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No one is whining. The fact is, this is a repost. No way of getting around that.
No worries... I had no intention of offending you or anyone else with my post so if I did then my apologies. As far as I'm concerned we're all adults and M-enthusiasts on here who are helping one another out.

I noticed the "2012 M3" near your screen name... when are you placing your order for one?

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
bwoodahl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS6

I've tried them all, LUX is the only way to go. You spend $75,000 on a new M3, no reason to "cheap out" on the DRLs.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodahl View Post
I've tried them all, LUX is the only way to go. You spend $75,000 on a new M3, no reason to "cheap out" on the DRLs.
+1. Lux. Period.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #18
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodahl View Post
Cool... I'll need to look into the LUX then. I'm not familiar with their angel eyes. In the E46 world, pretty much the main vendors are Umnitza, EAS, and a few others... I have the first version LED ones they made years back... so far no issues whatsoever.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #19
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No worries... I had no intention of offending you or anyone else with my post so if I did then my apologies. As far as I'm concerned we're all adults and M-enthusiasts on here who are helping one another out.

I noticed the "2012 M3" near your screen name... when are you placing your order for one?
Why do you think that anyone was offended? Nothing to be offended of? It's just that these threads pop up so often that it sorta gets annoying having to answer the same thing over and over again. By no means are you at fault because it's a something that goes on over at 5post and 3post.com as well.

I am looking at ordering my M3 hopefully in September.

Good luck on your search for an awesome set of AE's.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why do you think that anyone was offended? Nothing to be offended of? It's just that these threads pop up so often that it sorta gets annoying having to answer the same thing over and over again. By no means are you at fault because it's a something that goes on over at 5post and 3post.com as well.

I am looking at ordering my M3 hopefully in September.

Good luck on your search for an awesome set of AE's.
Glad you weren't offended... annoyed maybe, but again my bad, bro.

Cool... you and I will be pretty close with our orders... you in Sept and me in August. Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm trying to research my options for both AE's and exhausts... search button is my friend, lol.

Navin

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #21
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
lux's are not blinding, especially compared to HID's (which in fact are IMO and wash out the stock xenon headlights at night).
I love the LUX but my main issue with them is that it's not as easy to see when your headlight/xenons are on at night.

If you have the right temp, the Angels are very present at night even with your xenons on.

If you xenon and angels are the same temp, you'll have a large blob of light, which does not look pretty :/

I think stock is better than GP Thunders

I had GP on my 335i, RD LEDs v1 and v2, LUX, Alpine.

LUX is the most uniform.
GP is a cheap way to change them... I'd just stay stock
RD V1 was a POS
RD V2 was pretty decent at night, but not bright enough and kept going out.
Alpine is the brightest and that's what I was going for, especially the newer bulb I have on the M vs the one i had on the 335i. But you are right that they are blinding at night
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #22
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

I actually really like the contrasting look of the "yellow" angel eyes compared to the bluish xenons. Wait until the car comes and is in your driveway and maybe you will feel the same. They are just daytime running lights after all.