BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
cuban335i
Brigadier General
cuban335i's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
3,550
Posts

 
Drives: 535i xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: central NJ

iTrader: (18)

CLS63 AMG "Build your own" is up!

As the title says, the AMG site is updated with the new CLS 63 amg "build your own" section and info about it. Also, there is a tab for the C63 amg coupe, but it doesn't load yet, so that should be here any day now...

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/#/cls63-overview

With the performance pack, it should give the M5 a serious run for its money.

That is all,
Matt
__________________
Current:
'13 F10 535i xDrive - lightly modded for now
Previous:
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded

Last edited by cuban335i; 06-08-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
51
Rep
4,009
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Sedona Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

the new cls looks nice but the amg makes it all the better.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
143
Rep
4,765
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

I prefer this to the M5 - the F10 looks/is great as a regular luxury sedan but doesn't do it for me as a performance car.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

The amount of tech crammed into that car is amazing. You would think BMW would at least include LED headlights on the M5....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
143
Rep
4,765
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

I like the new "V8 Biturbo" badge on the sides a lot. I always thought the "V8 Kompressor" badge looked much better than the 6.3 one and the "V12 Biturbo" looked the best of all.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
TimZ
Lieutenant
TimZ's Avatar
Albania
7
Rep
574
Posts

 
Drives: X5M
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

This is such a wonderful car. But my god there is an LED overkill wtf is up with this lately?!
I want one now
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #7
Makkasteez
1nt3n5ity
Makkasteez's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
385
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (1)

this car is mighty fine
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
freshwhite335
Colonel
freshwhite335's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
2,839
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i DCT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 904 FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
think this is going to replace the moms f01
__________________
2012 991 C2S
Still have BMW's in the family:
2003 E39 M5, 2009 F01 750i, 2010 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #9
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Absolutely amazing. MB is heading in the right direction.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
JoosyJoos
Major
JoosyJoos's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Johns Creek, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to JoosyJoos
I'm not a huge fan of the design but love the direction MB is heading...

I'd definitely take the C63 AMG coupe or sedan.
__________________

1998 M3 Vert
1995 M3 Track Car
2008 335i - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
96
Rep
5,059
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

Pretty hot... Decent price - $110k with the perf pack and premium. Not crazy about the interior though. The new 5 and 6 are nicer on the inside.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
iatacs19
Major General
iatacs19's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
5,209
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (6)

HOT
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.


BMWCCA Referral
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #13
Murph335
Major
Murph335's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,134
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335 e90, '11 X5D
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 Chevy TBSS  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
guys you are forgetting the best feature of the V8 bigger benz line (550 and up), AIR RIDE!!! raise and slam it for the money stance tucking those fatty HRE wheels with one button, and a wired module. Ride and harsh as you want one second, float on a cloud the next. Now that there is a car with v8TT, 4drs, airmatic, another CLS550 sport will be the way i go.

coilovers, springs, etc never ride the same as airmatic.

Really thought bmw would do air at least in the X5 (rear air only)
__________________
E90 - H&R Touring - M3 Front Arms - Work Genosis GS-1 19x9+30 x10+26 225f 265r stretch - AA FMIC - AR DP - Cobb E30 Map +160rwhp/+200rwtq
E93 - Style 95 - RB Turbo - AR DP - Evolution RW FMIC - PTF E50 +242rwhp/+234rwtq
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #14
stickypaws
Dictator
stickypaws's Avatar
21
Rep
1,817
Posts

 
Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
guys you are forgetting the best feature of the V8 bigger benz line (550 and up), AIR RIDE!!! raise and slam it for the money stance tucking those fatty HRE wheels with one button, and a wired module. Ride and harsh as you want one second, float on a cloud the next. Now that there is a car with v8TT, 4drs, airmatic, another CLS550 sport will be the way i go.

coilovers, springs, etc never ride the same as airmatic.

Really thought bmw would do air at least in the X5 (rear air only)
fwiw, the AMG versions have a better tuned airmatic than the non-AMGs. My E63 has three settings (plus a raise button for bad driveways.) The comfort mode is smooth without being floaty, and the other two sport modes stiffen things up a lot for cornering.

The P30 package gives you even stiffer valving for handling, but tend to be too stiff in everyday driving in the comfort mode setting, imho.

The Cayenne with air suspension is a much better ride than without, too.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #15
M3_WC
Colonel
29
Rep
2,242
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Really like the new design. Great looking car.

It will stand out from all the boring cars on the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
NewYearsBoy's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
2,365
Posts

 
Drives: IS 300
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bradenton FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
What is happening to the 4 door super-cars. The new CLS AMG looks dumbed down and extremely understated. I really liked the old one.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #17
CAPSGOD
Major
19
Rep
1,136
Posts

 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
fwiw, the AMG versions have a better tuned airmatic than the non-AMGs. My E63 has three settings (plus a raise button for bad driveways.) The comfort mode is smooth without being floaty, and the other two sport modes stiffen things up a lot for cornering.

The P30 package gives you even stiffer valving for handling, but tend to be too stiff in everyday driving in the comfort mode setting, imho.

The Cayenne with air suspension is a much better ride than without, too.
New E/CLS AMGs only have rear air, so more complicated to modify.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 01:26 AM   #18
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
like the interior but not the exterior. although i am sure the combination of performance and comfort of this thing is hard to beat.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #19
stickypaws
Dictator
stickypaws's Avatar
21
Rep
1,817
Posts

 
Drives: people crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: where you want to be

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
New E/CLS AMGs only have rear air, so more complicated to modify.
fyi, it's not difficult at all to drop the W212 or the W218. Use lowering springs and change the angle on the sensor of the factory link and it will push the shocks down. The Airmatics are done easily through SDS (no reason to buy a module.) But when you change the geometry like that it will put stress on the shocks no matter what. Stock is really a better set up actually. And a big issue with this chassis (and the W211 and W219) is introducing more negative camber then what's all ready there. Tire wear becomes too much of a factor.

Anyway, I never mentioned modifying. The poster said he wanted Airmatic in the CLS550 (non-AMG.) and liked that you can drop it. I simply replied that the AMGs have DIFFERENT tuned Airmatics over the non-AMGs. AMGs and non-AMGs have different Airmatic valving. Point being that the Airmatic in the CLS550 is not the same as the AMG Airmatic, whether it's the P30 tuned AMG Airmatic or the standard AMG Airmatic. The new CLS550 still has air suspension on both axles with the two sensors up front and the one at the rear. The AMG W212 and W218 are stiffer than the non-AMG versions, is all I was saying.

Here's his post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
guys you are forgetting the best feature of the V8 bigger benz line (550 and up), AIR RIDE!!! raise and slam it for the money stance tucking those fatty HRE wheels with one button, and a wired module. Ride and harsh as you want one second, float on a cloud the next. Now that there is a car with v8TT, 4drs, airmatic, another CLS550 sport will be the way i go.

coilovers, springs, etc never ride the same as airmatic.

Really thought bmw would do air at least in the X5 (rear air only)
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #20
CAPSGOD
Major
19
Rep
1,136
Posts

 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
fyi, it's not difficult at all to drop the W212 or the W218. Use lowering springs and change the angle on the sensor of the factory link and it will push the shocks down. The Airmatics are done easily through SDS (no reason to buy a module.) But when you change the geometry like that it will put stress on the shocks no matter what. Stock is really a better set up actually. And a big issue with this chassis (and the W211 and W219) is introducing more negative camber then what's all ready there. Tire wear becomes too much of a factor.

Anyway, I never mentioned modifying. The poster said he wanted Airmatic in the CLS550 (non-AMG.) and liked that you can drop it. I simply replied that the AMGs have DIFFERENT tuned Airmatics over the non-AMGs. AMGs and non-AMGs have different Airmatic valving. Point being that the Airmatic in the CLS550 is not the same as the AMG Airmatic, whether it's the P30 tuned AMG Airmatic or the standard AMG Airmatic. The new CLS550 still has air suspension on both axles with the two sensors up front and the one at the rear. The AMG W212 and W218 are stiffer than the non-AMG versions, is all I was saying.

Here's his post:
Thanks this is what I wanted to know
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Davin's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
23
Rep
1,701
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335xi - 92 MB 300E
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad & Tobago / NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
the new cls looks nice but the amg makes it all the better.
Agreed, pretty much with all other Mercedes
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #22
rx_treme
Fueled!
rx_treme's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

I never liked the old CLS's but the new ones are pretty badass!
__________________
08 alpine 335i
06 galaxy Titan
88 noble RX7 (Liter Bike Killer)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST