BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

08-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #45
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

KK is obviously a BMW fanboy. I'm a car enthusiast and appreciate all cars. The CLS is very capable car that would probably beat an M3 on a track. The thing corners very well at speeds and is super planted. It also isn't as nuts as the C63 which will make it get better lap times and in the straight will out-run most any car that isn't classified as exotic. I find the interior of the CLS63 to be worthy of $105k whereas I don't find the M3's finish worthy of $75k. I understand the M3's heritage and its awesome capabilities but I can't not think about the CLS63 as an alternative, especially since I have an X5M which is well worthy of the ///M brand. I have driven both cars pretty extensively now and yesterday pulled the trigger on the CLS63. (I fell even more in love after gunning the car going into the freeway and listening to its beautiful roar.)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #46
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Fanboy? Wow, havent heard that one before on this forum. Why not try and come up with some fresh terminology. Sheesh....

Ur either a passenger or a driver. If your a passenger then by all means buy Mercedes and stay away from bmw, especially the m3 and stick to posting threads in mercedes forums about which merc car gets more attention from women and which 22' rims would look better.
Mercedes makes as many or more "driver's cars" as BMW... sorry that you are so blind to that. Again, I also very much prefer BMW, especially the M3, and would not buy a Mercedes at this stage in my life. The difference though is that I can also appreciate that BMW is not the only great car out there... do I think it is the best in its category? Absolutely, which is why I own one. Comments like yours get called out as fanboism because whether you are right or wrong, you are completely blinded by the roundel and making comments that are just silly is the issue. But, let me say it again... I ultimately agree with your love of BMW and think the M3 is the top of its segment by a margin but I can also appreciate the that it isn't the only great option. And, as I said in my last post, no one "deserves" to have or not have a BMW regardless as to how much they "think" they are a true "enthusiast".
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #47
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
KK is obviously a BMW fanboy. I'm a car enthusiast and appreciate all cars. The CLS is very capable car that would probably beat an M3 on a track. The thing corners very well at speeds and is super planted. It also isn't as nuts as the C63 which will make it get better lap times and in the straight will out-run most any car that isn't classified as exotic. I find the interior of the CLS63 to be worthy of $105k whereas I don't find the M3's finish worthy of $75k. I understand the M3's heritage and its awesome capabilities but I can't not think about the CLS63 as an alternative, especially since I have an X5M which is well worthy of the ///M brand. I have driven both cars pretty extensively now and yesterday pulled the trigger on the CLS63. (I fell even more in love after gunning the car going into the freeway and listening to its beautiful roar.)
Ok, I like Mercedes as much as the next guy but "beat an M3 on a track"???? Now that's just dopey. I'll leave the X5M thing alone. It's a fast truck that handles well for a truck, but it's a truck. Not sure this is the best way to approach your enthusiasm.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #48
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sleeper View Post
Ok, I like Mercedes as much as the next guy but "beat an M3 on a track"???? Now that's just dopey. I'll leave the X5M thing alone. It's a fast truck that handles well for a truck, but it's a truck. Not sure this is the best way to approach your enthusiasm.
Until we see some real world numbers whcih car is faster on a track is a matter of speculation.

And don't underestimate what a truck can do until you have ridden arround a track in a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with a professional driver at the wheel.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #49
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Until we see some real world numbers whcih car is faster on a track is a matter of speculation.

And don't underestimate what a truck can do until you have ridden arround a track in a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with a professional driver at the wheel.

CA
Not really the model that flys the M flag. And let's be honest, I wouldn't underestimate any car/truck with a professional driver at the wheel. I had a Cayenne TT, very fast, but its a truck. Faster and handled better than most cars? Sure but when you think Porsche driving experience do you think Cayenne? I don't.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #50
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Not really the model that flys the M flag. And let's be honest, I wouldn't underestimate any car/truck with a professional driver at the wheel. I had a Cayenne TT, very fast, but its a truck. Faster and handled better than most cars? Sure but when you think Porsche driving experience do you think Cayenne? I don't.
Still rather impressive performance.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 08-13-2011 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #51
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Mercedes makes as many or more "driver's cars" as BMW... sorry that you are so blind to that. Again, I also very much prefer BMW, especially the M3, and would not buy a Mercedes at this stage in my life. The difference though is that I can also appreciate that BMW is not the only great car out there... do I think it is the best in its category? Absolutely, which is why I own one. Comments like yours get called out as fanboism because whether you are right or wrong, you are completely blinded by the roundel and making comments that are just silly is the issue. But, let me say it again... I ultimately agree with your love of BMW and think the M3 is the top of its segment by a margin but I can also appreciate the that it isn't the only great option. And, as I said in my last post, no one "deserves" to have or not have a BMW regardless as to how much they "think" they are a true "enthusiast".
I too appreciate great cars from different manufactures, that's why I bought a PORSCHE. I am not blinded by the 'roundel' as you say. I just happen to think that Mercs are way over rated and many are blinded by how Mercedes look from the outside. I have little respect for Mercedes as a premium car maker They are experts at maximizing profits by cutting corners in the cars they produce. No company is perfect but Bmw and Porsche are at the top of my list. Why settle for an inferior car because it looks better? A true enthusiast would not even consider a Benz. I also admire cars from Audi, Nissan and even chevy. Sorry if my previous posts seemed a little ' fanboyish '(a cute bimmerpost term) i just think poorly of Mercedes and with reason.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #52
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
I too appreciate great cars from different manufactures, that's why I bought a PORSCHE. I am not blinded by the 'roundel' as you say. I just happen to think that Mercs are way over rated and many are blinded by how Mercedes look from the outside. I have little respect for Mercedes as a premium car maker They are experts at maximizing profits by cutting corners in the cars they produce. No company is perfect but Bmw and Porsche are at the top of my list. Why settle for an inferior car because it looks better? A true enthusiast would not even consider a Benz. I also admire cars from Audi, Nissan and even chevy. Sorry if my previous posts seemed a little ' fanboyish '(a cute bimmerpost term) i just think poorly of Mercedes and with reason.
Respectfully, your thought process is a little misguided. Yes a lot of the Mercedes lineup is made up of large, heavy cars with huge engines that don't perform, however, there are PLENTY of Benzes that go against this as well. Mercedes also holds a motorsport tradition that rivals or exceeds that of any car manufacturer on the planet, and competes very competitively in many forms of racing today, including F1, where, BMW decided to bow out because, quite frankly, they sucked.
      08-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #53
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Id take a new cls63 any day over my M3. The pricing of the 550 is closer to the m3 though..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #54
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
^ +1
      08-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #55
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
It's a truck that can pretty much keep up with an M3. The new Cayenne Turbo is very impressive. Shedding 400 pounds really helped.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #56
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

If I had the money to spare and can only have one car between the 2. I would pick the CLS AMG hands down any day of the year.
      08-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #57
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
If I had the money to spare and can only have one car between the 2. I would pick the CLS AMG hands down any day of the year.
Thanks! That's great to hear, I just got the paperwork and sent it back to them with overnight shipping. I would be getting this car Friday but I'm leaving that day for Chicago so I might be looking at monday when I get back or possibly Tuesday. I'm so excited for it though, gonna wait a couple hundred miles before putting it in Sport Plus mode though.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #58
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

I respect Merc's because they are fast cars but I have never liked them.... Just my personal opinion.... I would still take my M3

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #59
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
Haha. I'm older than 22 good sir but that shouldn't mean I can't afford these cars. Have you heard of entrepreneurs? Yes, I'm one of those people that made web-sites for businesses in high school and college, worked (still help out) for the family business, sold real-estate and made proper investments. Haha, I'm borderline manic trying to always come up with ways to make money. This is why I love America!
Ok I am confused. You are that young with those cars? Not hating, but it is odd to have over 200k worth of cars at 22!! Are you 22? Are those your cars?
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=22
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...72&postcount=1

That is conflicting info. So are you 22? 17? an Entrepreneur after 7 months of posting that response?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #60
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Shhhhh.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #61
Victorae
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 | 2014 Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Ok I am confused. You are that young with those cars? Not hating, but it is odd to have over 200k worth of cars at 22!! Are you 22? Are those your cars?
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=22
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...72&postcount=1

That is conflicting info. So are you 22? 17? an Entrepreneur after 7 months of posting that response?
Rofl.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #62
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #63
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmthree View Post
the OP is AngelinIsRich08

LOL at not making a new username after i call you out then making a new account but barely changing your info. lmfaoooooooo
Maybe a new username is in the works after getting called out again.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503938
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #64
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
The CLS63 AMG is more of a cross with the new M5.

It is very pretty, powerful, and fun. It won't track as well as an M3, but for everything else, it would be great. Definitely my favorite non- vert AMG.
m6 coupe'
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #65
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I highly doubt any of the cars are his. He probably just takes them for joy rides. The CLS is probably his fathers. Nothing wrong with driving daddy's car but, the least you could do was be truthful about it. Now a days, parents are buying BMW's for their children because well, the 3 series is so cheap to lease.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #66
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Seriously. At least cover up your tracks if your are gonna try to make us believe what you want us to believe. Well now that this is said and done, tell us the car that you really own without passing off your parents' cars are yours.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread