BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

A sticky for FAQ's?

Is there any chance of a getting an FAQ sticky. There are a handful of topics that come up on a regular basis, like nearly daily, that would be helpful to many. "Funny noises coming from my rear end when I turn at low speeds" for instance, or "just got a message for maintenance at 700 miles... is that for the 1200 mile service, why so early, what do they do during that service, blah blah blah". Seems like an FAQ sticky could take care of a dozen or so repetative topics like these that come up over and over.

btw, "funny noises coming from my rear end" is why I prefer leather seats over cloth.

Last edited by MysticBlue; 02-22-2009 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
Is there any chance of a getting an FAQ sticky. There are a handful of topics that come up on a regular basis, like nearly daily, that would be helpful to many. "Funny noises coming from my rear end when I turn at low speeds" for instance, or "just got a message for maintenance at 700 miles... is that for the 1200 mile service, why so early, what do they do during that service, blah blah blah". Seems like an FAQ sticky could take care of a dozen or so repetative topics like these that come up over and over.

btw, "funny noises coming from my rear end" is why I prefer leather seats over cloth.

Good luck. Mods are non-existent on this forum, and the admins don't reply to PMs. I've tried desperately to get somebody who is regularly around to be appointed to take care of this kind of stuff, but I can't get through to any of the forum leadership.

There have been so many damn differential noise and DCT threads...have you ever seen one closed or merged? The answer is no, and that is because nobody is moderating.

The biggest problem is that the forum has a lot of newer members who post without searching. Or members who don't search effectively and can't find the right threads. Because of this, I doubt that if there was an FAQ that anyone would actually go to it anyway because they'd probably be unable to find it.

a sad state of affairs.
      02-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

I agree, a FAQ's section would be helpful... but then again, it wouldn't be any fun for the people that like typing,.

Is there something gratifying for replying that vs. just ignoring the thread? I have to try it sometime...
      02-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
Is there something gratifying for replying that vs. just ignoring the thread? I have to try it sometime...
Sure there is! For instance this post brings me another step closer to a LED light pen.

Seriously, I think adding some FAQs would be great when they're sticky. One could add links to the most common topics.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
I agree, a FAQ's section would be helpful... but then again, it wouldn't be any fun for the people that like typing,.

The only reason I reply is because if nobody says anything, the OP won't know where he went wrong. There is no way I will be capable of enduring DCT and differential noise threads for the life of this forum... So hopefully we can keep everyone on course and have a more productive and organized forum!