BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

04-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #23
CallMeWonder
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoc11 View Post
Swissvax....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Have you tried Swissvax yet? It is truly amazing to use. Ease of application/removal, the smell, and most importantly, the way the paint looks like you could dive into it. Probably many products out there that are similar, but none are the same, sorry. And Im not saying go get a tub of Crystal Rock, but get some Shield. It is fantastic and lasts for quite some time. Plus all the other products for the tires/wheels, interior, leather cleaning, all of it is natural, smells great and does an awesome job. Only an opinion, much like yours, but Swissvax has done me right...
Could you guys link me to the product's your using?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #24
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

I've researched detailing in depth and have been doing my own for a long time. (i have a porter cable dual action as well as a rotary polisher) I've gone through online mail order waxes and multi step wax/polish systems and such and in the end for speed, ease, and availability, I always ended up back to just claying it once a year, a light polish with a light cut polish and the porter cable DA and a light coat of Mequires NXT synthetic wax (very easy on/off and extremely durable) and then the next day a light coat of Mequires yellow wax that was mentioned in a previous post, it really makes the color deeep. I also like Collinite for a final coat, it's also easy to use and very cheap.
I found this to be the deepest and best combo, then on my wash, I'd just microfiber dry the vehicle and lightly rub down with quick detailer while drying.
Here's a couple pics of my Galaxy black Titan that I bought used and it was greyed it was so scratched (reason why I got a good deal on it). The pic results here took all day with heavy cut (on problem areas), medium cut and two light cut and a final polish passes, then the NXT and then yellow wax. It took awhile, but once it was perfect, it was much easier to maintain.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #25
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

Took about 10 hrs and a case of beer.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #26
CallMeWonder
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the hammer View Post
I've researched detailing in depth and have been doing my own for a long time. (i have a porter cable dual action as well as a rotary polisher) I've gone through online mail order waxes and multi step wax/polish systems and such and in the end for speed, ease, and availability, I always ended up back to just claying it once a year, a light polish with a light cut polish and the porter cable DA and a light coat of Mequires NXT synthetic wax (very easy on/off and extremely durable) and then the next day a light coat of Mequires yellow wax that was mentioned in a previous post, it really makes the color deeep. I also like Collinite for a final coat, it's also easy to use and very cheap.
I found this to be the deepest and best combo, then on my wash, I'd just microfiber dry the vehicle and lightly rub down with quick detailer while drying.
Here's a couple pics of my Galaxy black Titan that I bought used and it was greyed it was so scratched (reason why I got a good deal on it). The pic results here took all day with heavy cut (on problem areas), medium cut and two light cut and a final polish passes, then the NXT and then yellow wax. It took awhile, but once it was perfect, it was much easier to maintain.
Damn bro all those terms to a non-detailer are hell lol. But that's one nice looking truck!!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #27
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
My wife says she's had pretty good luck with this one
      04-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the hammer View Post
Took about 10 hrs and a case of beer.
Looks great..paint is very correct.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeWonder View Post
I don't wax and want to do it.

Can you guys share what wax product(s) you use?

Thanks a lot!
Zaino Bros....

Used it on all my bmw's....
      04-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #30
CallMeWonder
Private First Class
Rep

Dang, why is swissvax so expensive!?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #31
BimmFiniti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe, Comp Pkg

Ultima Paint Guard Plus paint sealant - http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-paint-guard-plus.html

So easy to put on. 10-15 minutes, tops, and no removal step.

Clay bar your car once, then from that point on just apply the Paint Guard Plus every 3 - 5 washes. The car ends up super smooth and super shiny with basically no work.

Used to do the wax thing. No more. This stuff is soooo amazing.
      04-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #32
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I use Zaino Bros line of products as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #33
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I just got swissvax on my car and love it. I would never buy a tub of it though. Honestly if I had to buy a wax and could spend a little I would choose auto finesse's spirit or desire. I think they will be game changers. If you want cheap and good
go for collinite 845 or a chemical guy's wax like pete's 53
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #34
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeWonder View Post
Could you guys link me to the product's your using?
Its pricey, but it is really good. If you can instead get someone to detail her with it to see the results and then decide. I am hearing a lot of good things on here about "Desire"... I will try them out later on this year.

Here is the link on their philosophy:
http://www.swissvax.com/swissvax-aut...e-car-care.htm
      04-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Everyone is going to have different opinions on protectants (sealants or waxes) so I would strongly advise buying one that is easy to use, durable, looks good, and SMELLS even better

Detailing your car is suppose to be FUN and ENJOYABLE. I will only recommend products that keep detailing enjoyable, afterall, I spend 99.9% of my time in the garage.

-Martin D.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #36
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

Guys-

The prep work before the wax/sealant is what matters, we all know this

If you pay a professional to detail they will correct the paint and remove the defects. This is what makes the car look the way it does, defect free.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #37
fuzzybam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB GLE350

Do you have any how-to guides for paint prep/correction? It seems I am going to have to focus on that before doing the wax.

The only decent detailer here is -okay- but not great, so I am going to go it myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #38
Wayne R
Poor Old Sod
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Pinnacle Souveran

I've been using Pinnacle products for the last 10 years. Works for me...

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #39
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Zaino bros. Easy on/off. Multiple products in the system. Inexpensive. Looks fantastic. And smells like blueberries...

But, curiously, tastes like car polish.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #40
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

I have been using Chemical Guy's for 2 years and couldnt be happier.
I apply Jet Seal twice per year and wax (quite often) with 50/50. Goes on easy; comes off easy and when I'm done, the light drips off it.

A few previous posters mentioned Zaino. Ahhh, no. The weirdos that make the stuff recommend cotton applicators to put it on and cotton towels to buff it out. I swirled the shit out of my old 335 with their "technique"

Also, can you sissies please stop with the "smell" of your fucking wax.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #41
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Sorry Kyoshi, but smell can be important to people, especially because it's another factor that helps you to enjoy using products and enjoying working on your car. In the same way, girls don't have to be pretty to be intimate with them... but it helps

Anyone that knows me knows my opinion of Dodo Juice Supernatural. I think it's an outstanding product that gives a very nice work. Not the easiest to use, but with the right prep it's great. I'll finally be needing to send my tub in for a refill after 3 years pretty soon.

That being said, I have a tub of Auto Finesse Spirit on the way that I look forward to trying. I talked to Martin for a little bit and I was insistent that if I was going to order anything, it'd be the easiest to use wax they had (even I get tired of fighting with Supernatural ).

Other nice waxes I've used:
Lusso Oro: great look, feel, and smell. Sets quickly like concrete so only apply 1 or 2 panels at a time.
Meg's #16: had to get some for the throw-back quality. Old school wax with a real thick feel to it. Poor durability but a deep look.
Souveran: my go-to wax for my own car. I think it's one of the best looking waxes on red paint, and has turned a lot of heads and had a lot of questions asked when on my S2000. VERY easy to use, poor durability, awesome smell.
Zymol Atlantique: used on a '29 Ford Roadster a couple of years ago (BIG write-up if you google search). Great smell, feel, consistency. Very heavy price and unknown durability.
Zymol Royale: Recently used on a Guard's Red Carrera GT (BIG write-up if you google search). Pleasant smell, nice looks, more solid consistency, absurd price tag, unknown durability.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #42
Car54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M-Sport Wagon - EBII

I just started using Rejex and have been a huge fan. Easy to use, repels most everything, but it only lasts about 4-5 months. I use it on everything from paint, clear bra, windows, to lights and wheels.
      04-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #43
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
I have been using Chemical Guy's for 2 years and couldnt be happier.
I apply Jet Seal twice per year and wax (quite often) with 50/50. Goes on easy; comes off easy and when I'm done, the light drips off it.
I'm happy with Chemical Guy's products as well.
      04-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #44
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybam View Post
Do you have any how-to guides for paint prep/correction? It seems I am going to have to focus on that before doing the wax.

The only decent detailer here is -okay- but not great, so I am going to go it myself.
Check out the autopia forums for in depth detailing info.
Appreciate 0