BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

EXXEL Distributions

12-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Wheel Repair/Powdercoat Recommendations in San Antonio/Austin

Anyone have any good experiences/recommendations with a wheel repair shop that can fix some scuffs and powdercoat/paint my wheels?

Hopefully their work and paint finish has lasted the test of time too.

Looking for something in the San Antonio or Austin area.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Wheels America for the refinish. They have a place in San Antonio. For the powder, I'm working with a guy in Kyle. He's knocking out my 19x10.5/9.5s for $400. Pm me for his contact info.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Wheels America for the refinish. They have a place in San Antonio. For the powder, I'm working with a guy in Kyle. He's knocking out my 19x10.5/9.5s for $400. Pm me for his contact info.
Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

The Tejas Chapter actually visited a powdercoat facility in August, Highpoint Powder Coating. A few members said they'd used them for powdercoating various components and were happy with the results and prices.

But powdercoating and painting are two completely different processes, so a shop that powdercoats/paints probably isn't great at either one, and obviously you need to decide which one you want to do for your wheels. A good powdercoat will last practically forever, but the catch is that you can't mix powder to get whatever color you want like you can with paint; you're limited to the powders that are available.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
The Tejas Chapter actually visited a powdercoat facility in August, Highpoint Powder Coating. A few members said they'd used them for powdercoating various components and were happy with the results and prices.

But powdercoating and painting are two completely different processes, so a shop that powdercoats/paints probably isn't great at either one, and obviously you need to decide which one you want to do for your wheels. A good powdercoat will last practically forever, but the catch is that you can't mix powder to get whatever color you want like you can with paint; you're limited to the powders that are available.
Thanks John for the advice...I'll have to keep them in mind when the time comes to get new tires...probably the best time to get the wheels powdercoated or painted.

I still need to get the M3 up to Austin for you to do some coding...been a long time since I've visited that fantastic town! You excited for that Bears vs Longhorns Holiday Bowl?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyplaynazn View Post
Thanks John for the advice...I'll have to keep them in mind when the time comes to get new tires...probably the best time to get the wheels powdercoated or painted.

I still need to get the M3 up to Austin for you to do some coding...been a long time since I've visited that fantastic town! You excited for that Bears vs Longhorns Holiday Bowl?
I'm going to be on vacation from this Friday through Jan 8, but any time after that I'd definitely be happy to code your car. Unfortunately that means I'll be out of town for the game, but hopefully I'll get to watch it afterward without having heard how the game went. Go Bears!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0