BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-04-2022, 02:33 PM   #1
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

Alignment Question and Rear Toe for Supercharger

So I just had an alignment to max out the camber adjustments on my car in an attempt to eliminate some tire rubbing I was getting. Well it didn't fix it so now I have to get new tires a size or two smaller. I should be good with my old alignment right? Or will changing the tire size screw up my alignment?

Additionally, the rear toe in is currently set to 5/32 total. I was thinking about having that dialed back to 1/8 total but after thinking about it I'm wondering if sticking with the 5/32 would be ideal. My reasoning behind this is that I'm supercharged and more rear tow In should help the rear to stick a little better in the corners. Am I crazy or is 5/32 just too much for the street as I only ever hear of people going to 1/8 max?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

https://suspensionsecrets.co.uk/adjust-tune-toe/

Suspension and geometry bible here.
      05-15-2022, 12:52 PM   #3
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbot007 View Post
So I just had an alignment to max out the camber adjustments on my car in an attempt to eliminate some tire rubbing I was getting. Well it didn't fix it so now I have to get new tires a size or two smaller. I should be good with my old alignment right? Or will changing the tire size screw up my alignment?
My opinion,
I don't think changing wheel or tires sizes will change your alignment much, if at all.
I think you'd have to add/subtract a significant amount of wheel offset to see any changes.

Chris,
2008 E92
Appreciate 0