BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #67
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Timbits are great...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #68
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

is it just me, or does it seem like a TON of people on here are wrecking their beamers...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #69
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.
Canada
Rep
Drives: G30 540i / Past: F10,E92, E46

America is more free-for-all than Canada. We're so backwards that I wish I could sue Tim Hortons for making such an addictive coffee AND selling it at a reasonable price. DAMN YOU TIM HORTONS! *shakes fist in the air*

i wonder if this is going to turn into a coffee/donut thread. But i hope we get new updates about that douche bag kid in his daddy's SUV.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #70
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester View Post
Some stupid people just can't bear sight of someone else driving a nicer automobile than theirs. I *always* park my car towards the end of the parking lot, away from other cars and some as&**le scuffed the door last friday & ruined my whole day! Not sure what's up with people...
I do think that might have had something to do with it. Never really thought about that. But, there's really no way to prove that my driving a nicer car is what further motivated his actions. I am looking into contacting a lawyer on Monday to see what he suggests and whether I can take this further.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #71
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
The guy in the black suv was threatening your life and you had to prevent him from putting you in that situation. If I were you, I'd get a good lawyer and sue his ass and put him off the road.
Thanks man. I'm looking into it. I'll keep you guys updated as well as what happens on the police finding this punk.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #72
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaneer View Post
California Highway Patrol.
Ninja, know what the good news is though? Remember our trip to the Tail of The Dragon back in January where I quadrupled the amount of rock chips on the front bumper. I'll be getting a new bumper next week and it's good bye to all rock chips. At least until I develop new ones. But hey, before that trip I was doing extremely well with very few chips.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #73
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman View Post
Dude, at least you're ok.

The whole thing sucks, especially considering you were trying to do the right thing, or at least at that time it felt like the right thing. It's easy for us to judge you, but none of us were there so it's hard to say what any of us would've done. Get my point?
Exactly! It really is different when you are there and experience the same emotions and thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #74
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
Just be thankful you didn't get out, that could have been you that got hit by the car instead!

As far as your deductible you're going to have to pay it. Only way around it is to go after the other guys insurance; and good luck with that.
Good point. Though, if I was getting out I'm sure I would have checked my side mirror first. As far as my deductable, I've already talked to my insurance company and they assigned me an adjuster. He will be calling me on Monday to determine whether the accident was my fault or the other person's. And I think it's already been established by the three witnesses at the scene that it was indeed not my fault. That being said, my insurance company said I WILL NOT have to pay a deductable if it is determined that even while I may have been the one who crashed into the other person, so long as I was not ultimately at fault, everything is free on my end.

Plus, assuming the other guy has insurance (and I hope he does), his insurance will get to pay for a loaner that is comparable magnitude to my car. This means my rental car will be about a $40K to $50K car.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #75
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Deciding View Post
This is so typically AMERICAN!!!

"oh, I'm a victim...I tried to big a bigger dink than the guy in the big black truck, but he beat me at my own game and my car got wrecked...and now I need $1.5M for all my pain and suffering"

No different than that stupid broad that put the coffee b/w her legs and burnt her pubes...dumbass, what did you expect?? Then she sues Micky D's for $5M b/c the coffee was too hot...it's coffee you retard it's supposed to be hot!

Puh-lease...you guys want to know why the Insurance industry makes billions in profits every year? Frivolous law suits drive up premiums...plain and simple.

Quit your whining, pay your deductible and be glad that the only thing that got busted up was your car. You brought this on yourself.
Tough cookies. I will speak with a lawyer and if I can sue this guy, I will. I'm not looking to claim $1.5M though. $10K or even $5K is really all I'm after, plus the cost of lawyer fees of course. I'm sure some will disagree with this but what the guy did was a classic case of road rage and I shall get the last laugh with this punk. When he drove away, fleeing the scene, while laughing, he thought he got away clean and clear. Lucky for me, those two nice Samaritans chased him down and got all his info.

P.S. Don't think I sue every chance I get. I was involved with an incident several years ago at an Albertson's store where I had to be taken to the hospital by paramedics and this was because of a fault in the store's device that closes off checkout lanes. I ended up not sueing because Albertson's said they would design and place new checkout lane gates in all of their stores. I imagine it cost them several million dollars to do this but they probably figured it was cheaper than potentially being sued for $5M.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #76
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc88 View Post
ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!

e90 SG DOWN!!!!!! I REPEAT, e90 SG DOWN!!!!!!!

Sorry.......When I saw the pictures my heart dropped. I ran to my garage to look at my car. I feel your pain man, but at least your safe and the damage looks repairable.

Thanks man! Shouldn't be long before I'm out taking pictues of my car once she's back to her former glory. I'd give it a week before most is fixed and probably two before everything is good to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #77
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURRITO View Post
I wouldn't cry either, now you can finally get a M3, and stop bitching about the 335 repeatedly around here.

Heh. It's not totalled man. Maybe $2K in damage. Not too too bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #78
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

hahahahaha you are an idiot for driving away.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #79
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBChariot View Post
No need to beat a I have to add my .02 cents and say that was crazy. Things could have definitely turned out a lot worst. I hope you learned something from all of this.
Indeed. Next time someone is driving erratically and is tailgating me, I'll move over as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #80
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post
m-tech bumper and euro headlights...

and my condolences.
I'm seriously considering it. Although, I'd have to pay for one of the headlights which sucks because one on my car is still good and my insurance company isn't going to pay for a set when only one is damaged. The M-tech bumper sounds good but I'm not so sure I want to wait an extra week to get it. Maybe if I get a Porsche Boxster as my loaner than I won't mind the week wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #81
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokerRat View Post
To be fair, this isn't a simple auto insurance claim, this would be a civil suit. Regardless of how you might get into an altercation with someone, it has NEVER become OK for someone to get out of their truck to come beat the ever-lovin' shit out of you. Here's the way a lawyer would see it... by getting out of his truck, the guy in the black SUV is announcing that he is about to do violence to bmwexecutive. In doing so, he has to know he is putting bmwexecutive into a position where he may decide to flee for his personal safety and, on a busy road, this has a high likelihood of leading to a collision. It's no different than if you piss me off for any one of a number of reasons, then I come up to you in a coffee shop and took a swing with a baseball bat and intentionall miss your head by an inch. In the chaos of you jumping off your chair to fight with me, you knock over your coffee onto the person next to you. Who's at fault for hurting the guy next to you? You or me? I personally think bmwexecutive's got a very strong case.
Thanks for the info. So, you think I could get $10K out of this guy, assuming he doesn't live in a shack (which is doubtful considering his SUV is worth at least $20K---it was a newer model and definitely not a junker)?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #82
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
Hey Dude...
People are CRAZY around here(Tampa/st pete/Clearwater.
Stay safe and glad you are o-k

BTW--Let us know who does the body work and how it turns out
Best Regards
Will keep you all updated. First update should come Monday when I talk with the adjuster. I'll also probably be called into the police department on Monday to look at some photos to see if I can identify the kid driving. I also made an appointment to see the Field Examiner for my insurance company on Tuesday at 11:00AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #83
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0asis View Post
i wonder if this is going to turn into a coffee/donut thread. But i hope we get new updates about that douche bag kid in his daddy's SUV.
Do not worry my friend. I'm 90% certain the police are going to bag this guy. The two good samaritans that chased him down after the accident got his plate number, as well as just before the guy drove off I was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher and said "Remember this license plate number!" and gave her the number. Since it's recorded she got it. This means between the three of us we certainly have the right plate number. This means the police have the car owner's home address and most probably the address of the kid driving it, assuming it was the owner's son.

So, I'll bet you a couple units pulled up to his residence today to talk to him and I'll either hear back tomorrow from the officer or on Monday.

Will be sure to let you all know what happens to this dirt bag. Daily updates will come for the next week.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #84
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Anyone have a link to some more info on the M-Tech front bumper. Can't seem to find a large picture of it as well as any pricing info. This is a BMW part right so I will be able to order it through the parts department of my dealership?

Also, is the best place to buy the Euro Xenons on eBay? I found them for $1,509 shipped. Do they just plug and play? No errors on the dash? Also, are these the adaptive ones?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...QQcmdZViewItem
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #85
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about this. I didn't read through the whole thing (I will on Monday at work though). Hope it all gets straightened out.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #86
BimmerCrack
Rep
Drives: 06 325ci

Well, you need to get yourself a Glock23, you would have the right to shoot him since he stepped out of his truck and approached you, don't you know Florida gun laws?
When folks tailgate intentionally, I switch lanes and let them pass. If it comes to a confrontation, a gun pointed at their chest will get their mind right.
Aside from that you played cat & mouse in traffic it ended up biting you in the ass real bad.
Shoulda just hauled ass with your tail between your legs.
Sorry for the damaged ride though, that sucks.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 12:30 AM   #87
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Sucks that it happened man, hope repairs go fast!
      03-25-2007, 12:30 AM   #88
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
All those answers but none for mine?

Zeus...

I'm not saying that I classify anyone based on some general stereotype. I'm not like that at all...but I do agree...GENERALLY...that we fit that catagory. You hate to say it, but if the majority of us do it (or given the opportunty, would), then it's hard not to say it's not a generalization.

Example...I was on a recent trip to London and damn if my co-workers didn't show me why we're regarded as rude and inconsiderate. [/offtopic]
Didn't see one from you?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread