BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

05-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #463
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Great work as always. I wish I could have co-ordinated some work on my car.

Wtf is with the dealer doing wet sanding, that is well beyond their skills.

Was this an Edm BMW car Harbuksh? Hmmmmm

Glad you got an expert to work on your ride.

Look at the link, Welcome to Calgary? Poor guy came to Canada and got lost.
LOL...his flight connected through Calgary en route to E-town.

You know, I didn't really get to see the extent of that fender unitl Eric posted his pics. I don't know WTF they were doing, but I am going to ask Jorge, because that pisses the F*ck out of me, like you would not believe. The car was ordered early without my go ahead.

Honestly, I think everybody should bring two 300W halogen lights to a schedule pre-inspection delivery and inspect their car...that is not confidence-inspiring.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #464
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
LOL...his flight connected through Calgary en route to E-town.

You know, I didn't really get to see the extent of that fender unitl Eric posted his pics. I don't know WTF they were doing, but I am going to ask Jorge, because that pisses the F*ck out of me, like you would not believe. The car was ordered early without my go ahead.

Honestly, I think everybody should bring two 300W halogen lights to a schedule pre-inspection delivery and inspect their car...that is not confidence-inspiring.
Yeah a little puzzling on the wet sand, makes no sense. The only prep for the car is done right there. Why would they even try to wet sand, that is pro stuff that most body shops can't do right.

When Jamie, BMRLVR, picked up his Individual M3 he ordered Edm BMW to do no prep on eh car surface, inside or out. He came down and did it all himself.

Halogens reveal every flaw voraciously. I have a set and use them for all my detailing. Just hot as hell to run frequently.

Don't sweat it too much Harbuksh, gonna do nothing but piss you off and the truth is you got a pro to fix it.

Just never get them to wash the car when it is there, I demand no wash and put a sticker inside the car.

Nothing good can come from dealer washes but scratches.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #465
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Just never get them to wash the car when it is there, I demand no wash and put a sticker inside the car.

That is so true. I actually plan on doing all the service at Bavaria...never had any problems there. I always deal with Leon over there and he has been stellar. I always asked that the car not be washed, but adding the note on the inside is a smart idea.

Can hardly wait to pick up the car tomorrow from Xtreme Tinting. Then have to wait a bit to get the modding going.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #466
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That is so true. I actually plan on doing all the service at Bavaria...never had any problems there. I always deal with Leon over there and he has been stellar. I always asked that the car not be washed, but adding the note on the inside is a smart idea.

Can hardly wait to pick up the car tomorrow from Xtreme Tinting. Then have to wait a bit to get the modding going.
+1, I may go the Bavaria too. Edm BMW is close but I called 2 weeks ago and left a message I would like to get an oil change,mmmm, still waiting for the call back.

It's a shame but the place just is not run well. So many gaps in service between good and bad there.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #467
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Glenn, is that oil change between major service? With my e46 M3, once I had a scheduled oil change and my computer was reset for another 25,000KM, I would change my oil twice in between major services. Pretty much every 8000KM. I did those changes at Karmac as well. Is your change a major service interval change?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #468
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

No it is a non service change

Looks like Karmac again for me

Did you buy your oil local?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #469
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I just get it from Theo. Drop the car off and pick it right back up with everything changed.

Glad to see that I am not the only OCD person here...lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #470
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I just get it from Theo. Drop the car off and pick it right back up with everything changed.

Glad to see that I am not the only OCD person here...lol

Thx, I will talkto him on that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #471
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

2 more weeks for the Rogue shifter, bummer
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #472
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Do you guys have any local detailers that you recommend? I'm not that OCD when compared to you guys but I do like to give the car a good once over before and after winter... the 911 definitely needs love and I'd like the M3 to get looked at as well. I have a name and contact number from Porsche for one of their guys but just seeing who you guys might know.
      05-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #473
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Yeah a little puzzling on the wet sand, makes no sense. The only prep for the car is done right there. Why would they even try to wet sand, that is pro stuff that most body shops can't do right.

When Jamie, BMRLVR, picked up his Individual M3 he ordered Edm BMW to do no prep on eh car surface, inside or out. He came down and did it all himself.

Halogens reveal every flaw voraciously. I have a set and use them for all my detailing. Just hot as hell to run frequently.

Don't sweat it too much Harbuksh, gonna do nothing but piss you off and the truth is you got a pro to fix it.

Edmonton BMW is a joke sorry to say, I started dealing with them and needless to say I ran far far away quickly. My first dealings with them on a 335 was a nightmare and the salesman at the time (who is now at Bavaria ) was a total joke saying that he couldn't lower his price because it "came out of his commission". Needless to say Bavaria beat their price on the first try (I won't go back to Bavaria either but that is another long story.) I called Edmonton BMW last week to ask about the DCT update, left a message and go figure never received a call back.

Bavaria has a good service department and I would recommend them. Glenn give Nick a call at Bavaria if you are looking for Dinan stuff, he knows his stuff and will price competitively unlike Edmonton BMW.

Nothing burns me more than shit customer service and Edmonton BMW excels there. By the way Calgary BMW FTW!

End rant
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #474
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
Do you guys have any local detailers that you recommend? I'm not that OCD when compared to you guys but I do like to give the car a good once over before and after winter... the 911 definitely needs love and I'd like the M3 to get looked at as well. I have a name and contact number from Porsche for one of their guys but just seeing who you guys might know.
Talk to Derek at Modern Autobody. He did a great job on my car, he is professional and he knows what he is doing.

He has written numerous how-to's for the BMW Club and I've spent considerable time talking to him. He knows his sh*t.

From the wash all the way to wax he uses professional products and workds hard, does a good job. I think my detail/paint correction job was $560
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #475
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

So you guys are going to do oil changes in between the recommended service intervals? Maybe I will do it with Karmac when they do my pulley.

I want to start to do my own detailing, have never done it before but want to learn because my car really needs it after this winter!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #476
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Talk to Derek at Modern Autobody. He did a great job on my car, he is professional and he knows what he is doing.

He has written numerous how-to's for the BMW Club and I've spent considerable time talking to him. He knows his sh*t.

From the wash all the way to wax he uses professional products and workds hard, does a good job. I think my detail/paint correction job was $560
Nice, maybe I will talk to him as well, do you have to take it to modern or does he do it on his own?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #477
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Nice, maybe I will talk to him as well, do you have to take it to modern or does he do it on his own?
He does it there and it is all above board so you get a receipt and stuff. He has the facility, the tools etc all there.

If you are looking for a cash job I can get some names too.

He is not at the level at Eric@Eclipse but Eric is exceptionally rare and in another league in terms of overally experience and tools.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #478
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
So you guys are going to do oil changes in between the recommended service intervals? Maybe I will do it with Karmac when they do my pulley.

I want to start to do my own detailing, have never done it before but want to learn because my car really needs it after this winter!
Yeah I had Derek to the first clean and detail, it is always a bitch.

I am still gonna hoist the car and do the wheelwells myself.

Maybe we need to do a M3 mini-meet / detail session.

I am sure all us OCD's call help out.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #479
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hey Albert, who did (or is doing) your Eibachs?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #480
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:

+1!

Karmac did my eibachs last week, they look great. Still wasn't a cheap install though compared to what americans say they pay
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #481
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Got some Dinan springs from Colin....I can't stop Modding, MODFOOL

I'll get them installed at bavaria prob sicne I need an alignment too.

Did you get an alignment after?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #482
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Wow Harbuksh, That was some pretty fine job that Eric did on your ride. Good thing he was there to fix the mess at the edmonton BMW. Now it just making me paranoid to bring my car there for anything.

Just got my HID halo today and decided to slap them on. Damn are they bright I just hope I don't get any tickets for them I was going to post some pics but my car is too dirty and it would look like garbage compared to Harbuksh ride

Last edited by Fentanyl; 05-13-2009 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #483
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

+1

I have always liked detailing my ride, I find it quite relaxing and therapeutic. That is if you have the spare time
      05-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #484
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentanyl View Post
Just got my HID halo today and decided to slap them on. Damn are they bright I just hope I don't get any tickets for them I was going to post some pics but my car is too dirty and it would look like garbage compared to Harbuksh ride
Earlier I posted my install of the HID Halo kit from camaross305. Did you have any issues with install at all? My passenger side ballast runs much hotter then the drivers side and upon startup the passenger side ballast also emits a very loud hum that dies off quickly. I've had a few hundred KMs on the kit so far and it works well but it's these minor things that bother me.