BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

08-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08

Edgewater Manhole Madness

Was driving slow in Edgewater the other day due to the FUCKING SILLY amount of RAISED manhole covers that scrape and beat the shit out of your rims and underbody if not careful.

This douchebag didn't understand why I was driving so slow (he didn't even speak english) and braked in front of me and opened his car door. When he got out other people who were watching told him to go fuck off and started taking camera pics of him being a douche bag trying to start a fight.

Wow. I know there are haters but use your fucking head. Who would be stupid enough to hit a raised manhole cover full speed?!?!?

./rant off at asshole haters that don't speak english
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

I agree. I have gotten some dirty looks from soccer moms in their cayenne's and x5's because I go slow or drive like a drunk to avoid the covers...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

WOW I was just about to start a thread about this....was on River Road yesterday w/ my fiancee Apartment hunting and was like WTF!!! it was like landmines everywhere, my fiancee was like "LET ME GUESS YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE AROUND HERE B/C THE STREET IS SOOOO BAD FOR YOUR CAR, I SWEAR YOU LOVE THIS CAR MORE THEN YOU LOVE ME" I explained to her that if drive over the Manholes it can catch on to the underbody & cause serious damage & told her of course I LOVE HER more then the car I'm no fool

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
WOW I was just about to start a thread about this....was on River Road yesterday w/ my fiancee Apartment hunting and was like WTF!!! it was like landmines everywhere, my fiancee was like "LET ME GUESS YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE AROUND HERE B/C THE STREET IS SOOOO BAD FOR YOUR CAR, I SWEAR YOU LOVE THIS CAR MORE THEN YOU LOVE ME" I explained to her that if drive over the Manholes it can catch on to the underbody & cause serious damage & told her of course I LOVE HER more then the car I'm no fool
they will hopefully be paving it soon. what does amaze me is the hill going toward fort lee on river road is the area they "should" be paving... the rest of river road was in less than ideal conditions but was driveable, this hill blows my mind everytime I drive it... on a side note, im looking to put my apt in ft lee up for sale soon (overlooking the GWB... 2bed, 2bath, nj transit right outside front door).
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

And don't forget you can't even have peace of mind when parking your car somewhere nice like the Promenade without fear of someone trying to break in and causing damage to your brand new car (and now your paint is not the same unless you get the whole side redone :mad0 260::

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=262506

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=262581

As such I hate Edgewater. Sorry to all those who live there, and sorry to everyone for all the silly angry faces.
      08-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

Oh yeah, and to stay on topic the manholes do come up out of the ground like those Mesas in Southwestern US.
      08-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
TheEnrique
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2020 M5  [0.00]
2012 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2017 M4 Convertible  [0.00]
2013 X5M  [0.00]
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
They already started paving from about gorge rd forward. hopefully they will pave the rest this week and maybe they will pave that hairpin turn on Rt5. I take it all in stride its rather fun like a slalom to weave in between the giant manholes.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #8
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I have not gone back to Edgewater since June for that reason alone. It's nerve racking driving while trying to avoid those manholes/destroyer of rims and suspension. Unless you like driving slow and weaving left and right. Then by al means.
      08-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
Sellotape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, GLS

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to take a trip over to Trader Joe's this afternoon. It can wait till next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

I would avoid this road especially at night now, because God forbid you had one drink and you decide to swerve out of the way of one of these Tire/Rim killers the Edgewater Police will pull you over (especially if your driving a nice car).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
I think we all go through that and all have to say the "right" answer.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicassoM View Post
ha ha. Whenever any woman has ever gotten into the silly "you love this car more than me" mode, I cut them no slack with that nonsense. I say "yeah" and give her the "this conversation is over" look. Gentlemen, please don't feed into the "princess on a pedestal" syndrome.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

I was there last week in my other car going to Mitsuwa, never in my life had dodged so many raised manholes in such short distance.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMANYCARS View Post
I was there last week in my other car going to Mitsuwa, never in my life had dodged so many raised manholes in such short distance.
These manholes have placed a damper on my ramen diet!

The Edgewater cop I talked to at Hiram's said it keeps drivers from speeding so it's a good thing for them. But a total FAIL for me!
      08-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Just feels like there are more and more super agressive drivers in NJ these days...
      08-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #16
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicassoM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3nyc View Post
ha ha. Whenever any woman has ever gotten into the silly "you love this car more than me" mode, I cut them no slack with that nonsense. I say "yeah" and give her the "this conversation is over" look. Gentlemen, please don't feed into the "princess on a pedestal" syndrome.
so what you guys are saying is that you do love your car more? I guess you guys interpreted my post wrong, no matter but yeah I love my car tons but its still a material thing & it can never replace one of my loved ones especially not my mom or in this case my fiancee

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
so what you guys are saying is that you do love your car more? I guess you guys interpreted my post wrong, no matter but yeah I love my car tons but its still a material thing & it can never replace one of my loved ones especially not my mom or in this case my fiancee
I understand you completely, wait til you get married, it can only get worse, I know because my wife feeds me that crap every time she sees me working on my cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #18
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Just feels like there are more and more super agressive drivers in NJ these days...
That or the Hater-aide is overflowing thanks to the shit economy.

Little did that FOB douchebag know I was ready to kill him in self defense. I may drive a bimmer and look like a yuppie but am no rollover when it comes to the safety of my family.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
TheEnrique
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2020 M5  [0.00]
2012 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2017 M4 Convertible  [0.00]
2013 X5M  [0.00]
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
That or the Hater-aide is overflowing thanks to the shit economy.

Little did that FOB douchebag know I was ready to kill him in self defense. I may drive a bimmer and look like a yuppie but am no rollover when it comes to the safety of my family.
ive had a similar thing happen where my friends and I were in an STI and some jerkoff was tailgating in a POS honda they must have found it hilarious until we applied some of that brembo braking and we go out... they reversed back down river road. Trust that i only got out to make sure my friend didnt murder them in public...btw he is licensed to carry a firearm at all times... so moral of the story... dont fuck with gold STIs and stop messing with people on the road you never know what kind of maniac is in the other car.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #20
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
I guess you misunderstood what I meant. A material thing is never more important than a loved one. What I meant is, there are certain convo's you should not get into with a woman, because whatever answer you give you can't win. The "do you love you car more than me?" is one of those questions. It is a "conflict" question like "do you think I have gained weight?" Women tend to ask these questions when they are not feeling like they are the "center of your universe" If you say "no honey" she won't believe you and say "you are just saying that to please me" If you say "yeah honey you have" then it is OMG how could you say that and all the hurt feelings that go with it. So the best thing is, when she gets into that "little princess mode" is to "nip it in the bud" and let her know the conversation is over, and you are not "going there"
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #21
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPANISHFLIE View Post
stop messing with people on the road you never know what kind of maniac is in the other car.
+1000 in NJ
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #22
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MBB/SO X5M Comp

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
yeah they really suck
but when im in a good mood and no ones around, i just swerve and dodge all of them ahah =)
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0