BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-21-2016, 11:18 PM   #23
Biirdman50
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Not sure about the BMC filter but the MS filter, no real noticeable power difference but the s65 screams even more after 4K rpms. MS filter definitely worth it over stock
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #24
MV8
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BMW
Do you feel any difference after adding the BMC Air Filter?

Do you hear more induction noise?
Hey Mr. BMW,

I don't feel anything in terms of performance however I hear a slight increase in sound after 5k rpm.
      06-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #25
MV8
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biirdman50
Not sure about the BMC filter but the MS filter, no real noticeable power difference but the s65 screams even more after 4K rpms. MS filter definitely worth it over stock
Agreed, same with the BMC, I notice more induction noise past 5k rpm.

Never going to notice 3-4hp increase in a 400+hp car.
      06-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #26
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Congratulations on your acquisition! Must be tough to own a vehicle like that in London (with respect to speed cameras, etc). But then again, you can drive to the Nurburgring, albeit a long drive. That car looks pristine, so my sense is that you made a great buy. This is a great board to be a member of, I have found excellent technical information here over the years and this has been incredibly helpful to me. Members here have shared their technical/mods expertise willingly, and with respect to the Rod Bearing issue, there appears to a great deal of reporting here on the subject, however, it appears that only a small number of vehicles have been affected. There is currently a Class Action lawsuit against BMW in the USA, we'll see what emerges, in the meantime, enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #27
MV8
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency
Congratulations on your acquisition! Must be tough to own a vehicle like that in London (with respect to speed cameras, etc). But then again, you can drive to the Nurburgring, albeit a long drive. That car looks pristine, so my sense is that you made a great buy. This is a great board to be a member of, I have found excellent technical information here over the years and this has been incredibly helpful to me. Members here have shared their technical/mods expertise willingly, and with respect to the Rod Bearing issue, there appears to a great deal of reporting here on the subject, however, it appears that only a small number of vehicles have been affected. There is currently a Class Action lawsuit against BMW in the USA, we'll see what emerges, in the meantime, enjoy your car!
Thank you Sir!
Yes, you're correct we do have allot of speed cameras but we also have nice B roads where I can open her up.

South of France is not far, Germany also the drive up to Wales & Scotland can be quiet epic in the summer.

Yes this forum is full of great knowledgable members, I plan to stick around here, great place for enthusiasts.

The rod bearing is a concern on these cars, more so on modified cars it seems.

Thanks again for the welcome.