BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

06-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #45
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
why import?
cant you buy 1 in Canada?
I've actually never seen one or heard of anyone ordering a black series in Canada. Granted I'm not in the likes of Toronto or Vancouver where something like that would be more likely. I wish BMW would get a CSL edition out and also actually offer it for North America.
      06-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #46
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

the gauges/all the graphics where designed by the video game company who makes the grand turismo series mabye thats why it reminds you of a video game.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #47
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

All I can say is that sky-net saved my neck twice while riding with a student at TWS. It's funny that people are trying to compare it to the M3, the only thing similar is the price tag. It's just not even worth the poke in the eye. The GTR is in a different class of performance. If you care about luxury, the stereo, wind noise, ride quality..then it's not the right car for you (hell you are also the market that's killing the M badge, but let's save that for another day).
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #48
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

GTR may be crap, but its crap which could beat up on the Grand touring car which is the M3.

Hell the only 'real' M car anymore is the outgoing Z4M.

The 'M' badge has become as watered down as the AMG badge.

The new Caddy CTS-V coupe should be another nail in the eye for the M3 whenever it comes out... but hey its not a bimmer so it wont be nearly as good.

Fair enough, but I think the outgoing Z4 M needs 100BHP extra plus a better/newer chassis setup (too much traction which means too much understeer in my book)and needs to get rid of some kilograms as well(drive the Z4 3.0Si and you know what I mean) Also I think the elephant /boat E9x M3 outruns that Z4M on almost any track by a few seconds per lap...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #49
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post

GTR may be crap, but its crap which could beat up on the Grand touring car which is the M3.

Hell the only 'real' M car anymore is the outgoing Z4M.

The 'M' badge has become as watered down as the AMG badge.

The new Caddy CTS-V coupe should be another nail in the eye for the M3 whenever it comes out... but hey its not a bimmer so it wont be nearly as good.
You're kidding me?
They're making a coupe version of that shite heap CTS??? So there's going to be a 2 door butt ugly fast car out there. Excellent.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #50
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Speaking OT, the 09 Idrive is vastly superior to the 08 and back

Lets make sure we are all referring to the same Idrive

Jackolo has an 09 so that is his reference point
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #51
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
...They're making a coupe version of that shite heap CTS??? So there's going to be a 2 door butt ugly fast car out there. Excellent.
Eye of the beholder and all that.

For me, the CTS (including the V) is a moderately handsome vehicle, marred by a couple of gee-gaws (such as the front fender "ports"), but still, has a definite presence in the flesh, much like the GT-R, which is also not beautiful, but also makes a styling statement. These cars are polarizing to some extent, but at least Cadillac wasn't afraid to make their cars recognizable, even from the rear.

To my eyes, the coupe looks even better in the flesh than the sedan does.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #52
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Seriously dude! good for you that own a GT-R.

Now, dont get me wrong. They are sick cars...but tell me why the fuck anyone with a quarter of a brain would buy one when you LOSE your warranty if:

-you take it to a dyno
-you take it to a track
-you turn off traction control

It would be great if you had a good response to that...again..Im not hating on the GT-R, coz I actually like it, but when I read that stuff; I was completely turned away from the GT-R.
You don't get warranty if something breaks while doing any of those three things. Merely doing them doesn't void the warranty. Just to clarify that.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #53
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Wow! Hot black series..I love that car! Got any mods on it? Evosport has some sick stuff for it...

I actually wanted an R34 but learned you couldn't import it and if it was possible it would cost alot of $$$..

I love the GT-R but I can't justify buying it for the reasons SlammedM3 said. Amazing car, crappy warranty.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0