BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

EXXEL Distributions

04-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Scottsard32
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 EDC 2008

DCT Lag Software Update - 03/2013

Some feedback on the latest software update from BM.

I had the software fix for the DCT 2nd gear lag updated on my 2008 M3 Friday. The technician told me my car had last been updated in September 2009. The car now feels completely different, even in "S" mode where I didnt really notice any issues with gear changing previous, but now the gear changes are completely different, perfect, sooo smooth!! The dealer was really helpful and even managed to complete the roadtest to confirm my reports and then do the software update on the same day between 8am and 2pm, which I was very surprised at with it being a BMW warranty claim.

All in all very happy with the fix. If anyone else notices the 2nd gear lag, or even slightly less than perfect gear changes in "S" mode, I can highly recommend the software fix that was released in March 2013!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsard32 View Post
Some feedback on the latest software update from BM.

I had the software fix for the DCT 2nd gear lag updated on my 2008 M3 Friday. The technician told me my car had last been updated in September 2009. The car now feels completely different, even in "S" mode where I didnt really notice any issues with gear changing previous, but now the gear changes are completely different, perfect, sooo smooth!! The dealer was really helpful and even managed to complete the roadtest to confirm my reports and then do the software update on the same day between 8am and 2pm, which I was very surprised at with it being a BMW warranty claim.

All in all very happy with the fix. If anyone else notices the 2nd gear lag, or even slightly less than perfect gear changes in "S" mode, I can highly recommend the software fix that was released in March 2013!
Hi Scott , was this the 240E update ?
BTW....how is the Oem. exhaust mod. ?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Scottsard32
Rep

Hi, Not sure what the code for the update was, I did ask but I was only told by the technician it was the one released in Mar 2013. I just wanted to let people know that it fixs the problem and more, certainly with regards "S" mode which I thought was smooth before the update. OEM exhaust mod is amazing, the note remains to be perfect
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsard32 View Post
Hi, Not sure what the code for the update was, I did ask but I was only told by the technician it was the one released in Mar 2013. I just wanted to let people know that it fixs the problem and more, certainly with regards "S" mode which I thought was smooth before the update. OEM exhaust mod is amazing, the note remains to be perfect
THX for the info
BTW...i consider the BPM tune,this includes the 240E update !
Stage 1 ,i know it will be ok,but i think Stage 2 & Turner test pipe and gain 40 HP is amazing,but do you have a soundclip about this setup?
The perforated oem exhaust mod & Turner test pipe ,will this be too loud ? and drone ?
The straight throuh exhaust mod. & Turner test pipe i have found,but not perforated mod. & Turner test pipe ?
Also the emission problem with Stage 2 and the car inspection here in Belgium will be a problem
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather
England
Rep
Drives: 2010 White E92 M3

Was this done for free at BMW? Have you also had the OBD security fix?

Might have to take my '10 in for an update. I find that DCT is very jerky and not as smooth as it could be sometimes. I knew this before i got the car, i believe its the nature of the box.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialScott View Post
Was this done for free at BMW? Have you also had the OBD security fix?

Might have to take my '10 in for an update. I find that DCT is very jerky and not as smooth as it could be sometimes. I knew this before i got the car, i believe its the nature of the box.
No....no BPM tune(Mike-Benvo)is not done by BMW .
It's a remote cable tuning v v v
http://www.bpmsport.com/tuning.php
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
Scottsard32
Rep

I had the software update to fix the DCT lag issue done for free under my AUC warranty with BMW. I would suggest asking your dealer if your changes are anything less than perfect, going from my experience the changes now are completely seamless. When in "S" mode it was ever so slightly noticeable when changing gear which I though was the gearbox natural feel, but since the update it really is perfect!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

What is S Mode for e9x m3?
      04-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #9
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep