BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #23
mr_yogi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
Our finances have always been separate. We agreed to split bills evenly when we got hitched so as long bills are paid we're good. I don't care if she treats herself to thousand dollar purses, its her $$.
i never did understand this type of arrangement in a marriage. have a good buddy whose marriage is the same way. to each their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
and you M lovers love it just as much when driving around town, not pushing it, not taking corners at 100 mph, etc.?

i will be doing this (not tracking at all) and FULLY expect to love it 200%
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_yogi View Post
i never did understand this type of arrangement in a marriage. have a good buddy whose marriage is the same way. to each their own

i will be doing this (not tracking at all) and FULLY expect to love it 200%
There's no doubt you will enjoy it. However, you would enjoy it EVEN MORE if you take it to the track.

The one thing I realized by taking my M3 to the track is that you will never, ever truly experience what this car is capable of on the open roads. While there's nothing wrong with that, you really are missing out at a terrific experience that is easily available to you.

OP: if you can afford it, go with your gut feeling. There is no right or wrong answer - this is an M3 forum, but no one will look down on you if you're not comfortable with owning an M3. Ultimately, this is your decision, and you will have to live with the car you choose.

Last edited by Echo M3; 02-23-2011 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^ +1

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #26
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
interesting real world take, thanks for that!

i am curious, what is it about the e93 vs. e90/e92 that would make you get the m over the 335 for a DD?

also, how would you consider the 335is in the situations you described above?

well the e93 is a convertible, so in addition to some increased weight it's also lacking some structural rigidity, which takes away a little away from the track oriented performance of the car - which in my opinion is half the fun. that's what makes me lean towards the 335 against an e93. not taking away anything from the e93 - for a convertible it's spectacular at what it does, but in this comparison i think it's worth note.

regarding the 335is - i can't really comment since i don't have one. the extra 20 horsepower will probably be nice. and I imagine that the DSC and DTC controls would help with handling as well. the 335is might be the way to go.

now all you gotta do is work out a good deal. make sure that no matter what you do you pay no higher than 500 over invoice. (I'd say no higher than 300) you can find all the invoice pricing information here on this forum. you can find solid dealers on this forum too who will hook you up. if you have any questions shoot me a PM

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0