BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

08-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

A couple of Videos from WGI Last Week

Got black flagged thanks to my passenger/student having a hand held camera which is not allowed and the marshals noticed

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3, '15 F15 X5d

fast! nice runs
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Great video, great driving, great track! Love the part where he asked you if you wanted a GTR... "nope"
      08-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Great video, great driving, great track! Love the part where he asked you if you wanted a GTR... "nope"
I loved that, too!

A few questions:

Did they just repaint yellow stripes at the track edge? Didn't notice them being so bright a few weeks ago.

What's going on with the blocked-off section between T10 and 11? Track repair?

Your line through the Toe--more of a racing/defensive line hugging the curbing, or do you find that faster?

Sounds like you're running street tires--AD08s?

That curbing in the Heel is steep--I haven't gotten close enough to clip it yet, but now I see what happens. It really upset the balance of the car in the first video--nice quick correction!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
I loved that, too!

A few questions:

Did they just repaint yellow stripes at the track edge? Didn't notice them being so bright a few weeks ago.

What's going on with the blocked-off section between T10 and 11? Track repair?

Your line through the Toe--more of a racing/defensive line hugging the curbing, or do you find that faster?

Sounds like you're running street tires--AD08s?

That curbing in the Heel is steep--I haven't gotten close enough to clip it yet, but now I see what happens. It really upset the balance of the car in the first video--nice quick correction!
We were the 1st group on the track after the major repainting & repairs to the curbing after being closed for a week.The section that is closed off entering c11 was a repair area that started out small and became much larger by the time it was completed and was still curing when we were there.
There is a lot more grip on the inside of C7 vs using the traditional wide racing line plus you have a steeper gradient to help with braking grip.I have always used a tighter line here but once I watched the Grand Am guys on TV using this line,I knew it was the better line to use.
I am running a square 275/35 NT05 setup on 18 x 10 Apex wheels.It is the most neutral car that I can recall having on the track. Yes that curbing is steep!I think I managed to catch it at least once in corners 7 & 8
Appreciate 0