BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

07-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #155
driftster
Rep
Drives: m3,325,deville,f150,tsx etc

IS the black series suspension fully adjustable?

Does it have the cooling components to deal with 130-140 degree track temps or 113 degree ambient at potentially low speeds and high rpms without popping?

Are it's lines a material that won't expand/deform under hot use?

if not..it's not a track car....(among other possible reasons)
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #156
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftster View Post
IS the black series suspension fully adjustable?

Does it have the cooling components to deal with 130-140 degree track temps or 113 degree ambient at potentially low speeds and high rpms without popping?

Are it's lines a material that won't expand/deform under hot use?

if not..it's not a track car....(among other possible reasons)
The suspension is adjustable and cooling has been upgraded... Never seen reports of overheating causing engine failure in a BS.

You act like the car is built using legos.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #157
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprofiler View Post
Of course. I mean you really don't have much to say other than the BS is heavy so therefore it's not durable on track.

Or that the GTS is in a similar situation as the BS and it is considered a track car.
Hey ~ all good. If you want to be an a$$ that's cool.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #158
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Hey ~ all good. If you want to be an a$$ that's cool.
Don't take it personal man. It wasn't mean't to be an insult. I was just summing up what I have read so far.

cheers again.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #159
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You don't consider this a track car because it's not durable due to its weight is what you said basically. I was just questioning your opinion that is all.

Cheers.
I don't consider it a track car because it was designed as a street car first with many concessions for street use and comfort. I wouldn't consider it for repeated track duty. That's really it. Again, you don't have to agree. Why is that so difficult for you. If it makes you feel better, you win.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #160
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don't consider it a track car because it was designed as a street car first with many concessions for street use and comfort. I wouldn't consider it for repeated track duty. That's really it. Again, you don't have to agree. Why is that so difficult for you. If it makes you feel better, you win.
lol... no your premise was that it's too heavy and that it won't be as durable on the track as lighter cars, like a gt3, for extended use. But hey whatever makes you feel good.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #161
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't take it personal man. It wasn't mean't to be an insult. I was just summing up what I have read so far.

cheers again.
I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has accused of you of a passive-aggressive demeanor.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #162
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol... no your premise was that it's too heavy and that it won't be as durable on the track as lighter cars, like a gt3, for extended use. But hey whatever makes you feel good.

I have said many times weight is not the only issue, but it certainly is one for me. Yeah, I still maintain that premise. If it was designed as a track car first it wouldn't weigh so much for one.

Again, all good. I'm going to go hit the streets for a bit in my gt3, meet a friend for a Heineken and enjoy the beautiful weather here. Hope you have a wonderful day as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #163
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has accused of you of a passive-aggressive demeanor.
Are you resorting to accusations now? I told you that I was trying to summarize what you have stated.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #164
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have said many times weight is not the only issue, but it certainly is one for me. Yeah, I still maintain that premise. If it was designed as a track car first it wouldn't weigh so much for one.
You have said that it's too heavy and that the BS won't be durable when used extensively on track. It's the truth, yet you somehow want to deny it?

The car weighing 3750lbs is one thing, but saying that it won't hold up with extended track usage due its weight is another.

Quote:
Again, all good. I'm going to go hit the streets for a bit in my gt3, meet a friend for a Heineken and enjoy the beautiful weather here. Hope you have a wonderful day as well.
Have a good day in your gt3.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #165
driftster
Rep

Quote:
The suspension is adjustable and cooling has been upgraded... Never seen reports of overheating causing engine failure in a BS.

You act like the car is built using legos.

by adjustable i mean a little more than "putting it into a sport mode" and it lowering a couple mm..I mean adjusting the camber caster and toe....as you would on a track car, to suit the track.....

Overheating might not cause engine failure, but it's a sure sign the car wasn't ready for the track....

I don't act like the car is built of lego's..I act like the car was piecemeal, which it was.

Not many if any piecemeal cars are track ready.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #166
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
by adjustable i mean a little more than "putting it into a sport mode" and it lowering a couple mm..I mean adjusting the camber caster and toe....as you would on a track car, to suit the track.....

Overheating might not cause engine failure, but it's a sure sign the car wasn't ready for the track....

I don't act like the car is built of lego's..I act like the car was piecemeal, which it was.

Not many if any piecemeal cars are track ready.
It's an adjustable coilover set-up. There is no "sport mode"... I don't think anyone can say for certain that it will or won't have certain adjustments for camber etc, but since the c63BS has a coil-over setup it will have adjustability.. "The AMG adjustable coil-over suspension allows adjustment of vehicle ride height, camber and toe-in, compression and rebound stages of the dampers. This allows the most discriminating driver to customize the CLK 63 AMG Black Series to meet his or her demands. "
"The AMG sports suspension is a sophisticated new development. Conceived as a coil-over suspension -- as is the norm in motorsport and a typical feature of Black Series models"

Piecemeal from better parts is somehow bad?

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #167
driftster
Rep

Quote:
It's an adjustable coilover set-up. There is no "sport mode"... I don't think anyone can say for certain that it will or won't have certain adjustments for camber etc, but since the c63BS has a coil-over setup it will have adjustability.. The c63 can already make minor adjustments to its camber.

Piecemeal from better parts is somehow bad?
an adjustable coilover setup could mean as little as changing a couple pounds here and there in spring rates, i don't see plates anywhere. as far as I know it's the AMG coilovers you option out for....which are hardly "track suited" DECENT yeah, but so is a 1.5k set of H&R's..

and i'm all for piecemealing a FEW parts...but the majority of this car is borrowed...and by majority i mean a good 80+% of it sheetmetal aside.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #168
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
an adjustable coilover setup could mean as little as changing a couple pounds here and there in spring rates, i don't see plates anywhere.

and i'm all for piecemealing a FEW parts...but the majority of this car is borrowed...and by majority i mean a good 80+% of it sheetmetal aside.
"The AMG adjustable coil-over suspension allows adjustment of vehicle ride height, camber and toe-in, compression and rebound stages of the dampers. This allows the most discriminating driver to customize the CLK 63 AMG Black Series to meet his or her demands. "

From the C63BS:
"The AMG sports suspension is a sophisticated new development. Conceived as a coil-over suspension -- as is the norm in motorsport and a typical feature of Black Series models"

Happy? I highly doubt you have been on the track with a BS so I wouldn't say one should opt out of it.

Umm, so what's the big deal exactly if parts are improved and borrowed from other BS and the SLS?

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #169
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You have said that it's too heavy and that the BS won't be durable when used extensively on track. It's the truth, yet you somehow want to deny it?

The car weighing 3750lbs is one thing, but saying that it won't hold up with extended track usage due its weight is another.

Have a good day in your gt3.
WTF are you talking about? Keep trying to find the answer you like. Yeah... like I said passive/aggressive.

I am not denying anything I said. And, I am not going to play this like politics. What I said is what I mean, no denying anything I said. You might want to stop trying to manipulate my words. I have already spent too much time on this topic. Read what I posted if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #170
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Keep trying to find the answer you like. Yeah... like I said passive/aggressive.

I am not denying anything I said. And, I am not going to play this like politics. What I said is what I mean, no denying anything I said. You might want to stop trying to manipulate my words. I have already spent too much time on this topic. Read what I posted if you have any questions.
Quote:
I didn't said it wouldn't be reliable. It is fair to say that weight will take its toll over time. You completely dismiss weight as a factor. Throwing a 3750 lb car around a track for extended periods has its effect on incidental parts over time. .
Quote:
I don't know that I believe it'll be the track tool the GT3 is as the BS weighs a bit too much for repeated track abuse
I'm not manipulating anything. You said it quite clearly... Don't need to get all defensive.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #171
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Love it, if I was in the market for a replacement to my M3, I'd highly, highly consider this.

Any more news on pricing? I imagine it will be at least $90-100k, track package included.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #172
driftster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Love it, if I was in the market for a replacement to my M3, I'd highly, highly consider this.

Any more news on pricing? I imagine it will be at least $90-100k, track package included.
120+ maybe with trackpack...maybe not..

A fully loaded C63 will run you 81 and change... So i doubt it
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #173
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not manipulating anything. You said it quite clearly... Don't need to get all defensive.
No kidding I said (posted) it quite clearly; obviously! I stand behind what I posted. What is your point? No need to continue being a.. well you know what you are .

I guess you can not comprehend simple reading. Yes, weight was/is my point, amongst others as I have previously pointed out. I.E. if MB was concerned about this car being a track car then they would have addressed the weight more and creature comforts less. There is no change in my beliefs. You can take anything out of context or select specific posts to attain your desired goal. Because I posted one belief in one post and another later does not mean I am making stuff up which is exactly what you are accusing me of. Call me defensive or whatever you like. You simply like the argument for the sake of it not the exchange of opinions.

Last edited by devo; 07-27-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #174
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My guess will be about 90-95k for the base. The regular c63 coupe in the U.S. costs about 61k while in Germany it costs around 73k euros. The C63BS costs about 115k euros so that's about a 36-37% mark up over the c63 coupe.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #175
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Obviously I posted the aforementioned and I stand behind what I posted. What is your point?
Point is you said that the car is too heavy so it won't last on the track since you said, "I don't know that I believe it'll be the track tool the GT3 is as the BS weighs a bit too much for repeated track abuse."

As well as other similar comments, therefore I didn't make up anything.

Quote:
]I guess you can not comprehend simple reading. Yes, weight was/is my point, amongst others as I have previously pointed out. I.E. if MB was concerned about this car being a track car then they would have addressed the weight more and creature comforts less. There is no change in my beliefs. You can take anything out of context or select specific posts to attain your desired goal. Because I posted one belief in one post and another later does not mean I am making stuff up which is exactly what you are accusing me of.
Why do you keep bringing up creature comforts when the point of this discussion was about why you think this car won't be as durable on track as a gt3 due to its weight. I can see that you won't change , but it does seem like you are making stuff up, especially on the BS being less able to handle track abuse.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-27-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #176
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Point is you said that the car is too heavy so it won't last on the track since you said, "I don't know that I believe it'll be the track tool the GT3 is as the BS weighs a bit too much for repeated track abuse."

As well as other similar comments, therefore I didn't make up anything.

Why do you keep bringing up creature comforts when the point of this discussion was about why you think this car won't be as durable on track as a gt3 due to its weight. I can see that you won't change , but it does seem like you are making stuff up, especially on the BS being less able to handle track abuse.
Because creature comforts add to my weight claim. They also lend to the intent of the car by the manufacturer.

Yes, you are accusing me of changing my opinion about the weight. I have not. I have other reasons why I believe this car was manufactured as a street car first and track car second. I am obviously been unable to convey my beliefs to you as you want to turn anything I say into your belief that I am now making stuff up.

You can't even stay on topic. Just so we are clear: I STILL BELIEVE ALL THAT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED, WEIGHT BEING A BIG PART OF THE ISSUE. I don't deny what you have highlighted above, so again WTF is your point?

Last edited by devo; 07-27-2011 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0