BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

02-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #177
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

ADV.1 is so embarrassing rofl
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #178
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Not looking good here... And it's a shame, because ADV's rims are pretty great looking. I'm sure I speak for many people on this forum when I say that I truly hope Jordan et al can change my mind about the business.

Their rims are like wanting to date an incredibly hot woman you know is also unmedicated bipolar: looks amazing, but really, you just shouldn't.

Last edited by MatthewDavid; 02-24-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #179
Trevor .:R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 ZCP DCT

Garage List
11 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
and...not ADV.1
LOL ^^^ Exactly ! Cant wait till ADV Goes under such a bad company no customer support they need to restart there whole operation...
      02-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #180
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
This thread has been my friday night entertainment

This is so interesting, I didn't look at my TV once while reading this thread.

That Morr post was such a out of no where slap in the face. I have always been a fan of Morr, and it has only grown over the past months.

As for ADV.1, I too have liked their designs, yet never really got why they were so expensive.

I hope this thread continues with more priceless information....
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #181
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
Not looking good here... And it's a shame, because ADV's rims are pretty great looking. I'm sure I speak for many people on this forum when I say that I truly hope Jordan et al can change my mind about the business.

Their rims are like wanting to date an incredibly hot woman you know is also unmedicated bipolar: looks amazing, but really, you just shouldn't.
They had there chance as 360 Forged, failed miserably. It's already obvious he lied about all ADV's wheels being TUV certified, why should we believe him now when he says "Oh yeah, the M3 wheels were before, but nothing else"? Wonder if that line changes depending on what car forum he's on...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #182
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYON View Post
This thread has been my friday night entertainment

This is so interesting, I didn't look at my TV once while reading this thread.

That Morr post was such a out of no where slap in the face. I have always been a fan of Morr, and it has only grown over the past months.

As for ADV.1, I too have liked their designs, yet never really got why they were so expensive.

I hope this thread continues with more priceless information....
Wouldn't hurt for Morr to go ahead and post that picture. Telling us it's on Flickr doesn't really help us track it down.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #183
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor .:R View Post
LOL ^^^ Exactly ! Cant wait till ADV Goes under such a bad company no customer support they need to restart there whole operation...
you're clearly not speaking from experience. They were great with me. I even spoke with Jordan multiple times during my transaction with them. They answered all my questions (and believe me, I would send them an e-mail probably 3-5 times a week for ~6 weeks). Their customer support is great.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #184
macavant
always on the "M" button...
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYON View Post
My guess is that the manufacturer of the wheels already have quite a premium on the wheels. I got a quote for MHT wheels and the pricing was only about 100-200 off quoted prices for similar ADV.1 models. I have to admit the ADV.1 designs look better than the MHT / DUBone / Niche wheels.
      02-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #185
Trevor .:R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 ZCP DCT

Garage List
11 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
you're clearly not speaking from experience. They were great with me. I even spoke with Jordan multiple times during my transaction with them. They answered all my questions (and believe me, I would send them an e-mail probably 3-5 times a week for ~6 weeks). Their customer support is great.
I am speaking from experience, my father has a 997 porsche turbo S, he ordered ADV7s polished finished then clear coated them. They came shipped poorly and scratches all over the finish. I have pictures to back this up, so they were sent back to have the finish redone. And then they came back fitment was off and had to be resent out again. Finally they came back and the centers were cut to small and the wheels could not have even been mounted. ADV is never going to have my business or my fathers ever again.
      02-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #186
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor .:R View Post
I am speaking from experience, my father has a 997 porsche turbo S, he ordered ADV7s polished finished then clear coated them. They came shipped poorly and scratches all over the finish. I have pictures to back this up, so they were sent back to have the finish redone. And then they came back fitment was off and had to be resent out again. Finally they came back and the centers were cut to small and the wheels could not have even been mounted. ADV is never going to have my business or my fathers ever again.
Well I'm sure you're case is one that's very rare because I had a great experience and everyone else I've spoken to about them has had nothing but great things to say about their customer support.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #187
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
Well I'm sure you're case is one that's very rare because I had a great experience and everyone else I've spoken to about them has had nothing but great things to say about their customer support.
Rare? This forum is littered with bad experiences with them. I'm sure more people complain than profess happiness, and I doubt you're a shill, but you have to understand the reasonable doubt about the company.

By the way, the video on their site I think actually makes the perception worse, as does the pages of Jordan and his wife's cars while their customers are unhappy with their expensive product.

Like I said, I hope there are more good experiences than bad, and that they can change the forum opinion, but the way they present themselves isn't promising, it's jv.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #188
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

littered with bad experience from ADV.1 says enough. Not even including the whole 360Forge scam artist shit. I love how Jordan says he was not part of it excuse this new that...ROFL...pathetic.
      02-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #189
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

how come Active Autoworke is supporting ADV.1 if they're that bad?

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #190
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
they're both in Miami, they support each other. Its good marketing, simple as that.
      02-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #191
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
They aren't that bad at all. There's a couple sour/butt hurt members on here that if you look at every single ADV.1 thread, they put their 2 cents in saying how bad they are.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #192
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

This forum is littered with bad experiences? Do tell. We have horrible customer service? First i'm hearing of it. Our wheels are expensive? Yes - some are - others can be had around the 4k mark from a dealer which for a fully forged custom wheel is no worse than anything else on the market from any other manufacture. 360 Forged? Four years on and we still don't have anything better to talk about? Can't wait for us going out of business from "scamming customers"? We doubled our sales volume in the last year and we operate 100% on profit so I hate to disappoint that it won't be happening any time soon.

Trevor - it sounds like you had legitimate issues and it also sounds like we worked with your father to resolve them in a timely manner refinishing the wheels. What was resolved of this? If you or your father wasn't properly taken care of and feel that the product wasn't up to your expectations we'll take care of it right now. I can say we've had issues with our shipping in the early days (so i'm not surprised to see this was an issue) and have revamped this part of our operation from the ground up to avoid issues in the future.

But please do not confuse a manufacture or shipping defect as bad customer service. They are unrelated. From what you're stating we worked with your father to try and resolve the situation in a timely manner. We never claimed to be perfect - but when we're not we stand by our product and bend over backwards to make things right for you. Trevor - email me if your father still has any issues/concerns so I can set things right.

As far as everyone else still claiming our product is crap... you know the product that is certified to be of the same quality as all of the wheels you're touting to be superior... most of which have no first hand experience with our company or our product there isn't anything more I can do to change your mind. We are creating wheels in accordance with the quality benchmark (TUV) you set. I'm not sure what else we can do to please you.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #193
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
This forum is littered with bad experiences? Do tell. We have horrible customer service? First i'm hearing of it. Our wheels are expensive? Yes - some are - others can be had around the 4k mark from a dealer which for a fully forged custom wheel is no worse than anything else on the market from any other manufacture. 360 Forged? Four years on and we still don't have anything better to talk about? Can't wait for us going out of business from "scamming customers"? We doubled our sales volume in the last year and we operate 100% on profit so I hate to disappoint that it won't be happening any time soon.

Trevor - it sounds like you had legitimate issues and it also sounds like we worked with your father to resolve them in a timely manner refinishing the wheels. What was resolved of this? If you or your father wasn't properly taken care of and feel that the product wasn't up to your expectations we'll take care of it right now. I can say we've had issues with our shipping in the early days (so i'm not surprised to see this was an issue) and have revamped this part of our operation from the ground up to avoid issues in the future.

But please do not confuse a manufacture or shipping defect as bad customer service. They are unrelated. From what you're stating we worked with your father to try and resolve the situation in a timely manner. We never claimed to be perfect - but when we're not we stand by our product and bend over backwards to make things right for you. Trevor - email me if your father still has any issues/concerns so I can set things right.

As far as everyone else still claiming our product is crap... you know the product that is certified to be of the same quality as all of the wheels you're touting to be superior... most of which have no first hand experience with our company or our product there isn't anything more I can do to change your mind. We are creating wheels in accordance with the quality benchmark (TUV) you set. I'm not sure what else we can do to please you.
Thank you! This was needed.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #194
skins333
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 BMW M3 MR/21 X7 40i AW

Quote:

Solid. Nicely said.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #195
MatthewDavid
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
This forum is littered with bad experiences? Do tell. We have horrible customer service? ...360 Forged? Four years on and we still don't have anything better to talk about? Can't wait for us going out of business from "scamming customers"? We doubled our sales volume in the last year and we operate 100% on profit so I hate to disappoint that it won't be happening any time soon...As far as everyone else still claiming our product is crap... you know the product that is certified to be of the same quality as all of the wheels you're touting to be superior... most of which have no first hand experience with our company or our product there isn't anything more I can do to change your mind. We are creating wheels in accordance with the quality benchmark (TUV) you set. I'm not sure what else we can do to please you.
It seems like you're grasping for a number of people here, so I'm unsure if any of this is directed towards me. I understand your product has had quality issues in the past, notably as 360, but in fairness it's been a while since I personally remember reading about poor quality. I think ADV has some of the best looking wheels out there and it's a shame I don't have more confidence in transacting with you, because I am sure the quality is vastly improved now (i.e. not "crap"). I think everyone (well ok not everyone) on this forum is reasonable enough to know that mistakes happen. A lot of the people with the funds to buy an M3 on this forum have been in a high enough position to have experience remedying customer issues. Like I've said before, I hope you guys can change my mind. You'll have to change minds if you want sales to keep doubling sustainably.

Now, this all said, yes, this site is littered with bad experiences. And, all of that litter is coming out of ADV's mouth. Representation of the company is the bad experience. Whether people have purchased from you or not, forum members are experiencing firsthand ADV every time they read a thread like this. I have to imagine someone of power at ADV is thinking this too, but maybe not outwardly. I've seen you guys unprofessionally argue with customers for a long time; it's like there's no learning curve. I still remember Jordan bashing a forum member on L4P. That was the most ludicrous display of inexcusable unprofessionalism I've ever seen in my short life. The forum revolted. Maybe that was due to the stress of 360 failing, but what's the excuse now? It wasn't that long ago you posted an e-mail from Jordan, in this thread I believe, that showed little emotional and intellectual progress. If you think that will be quickly forgotten you're sadly mistaken. I don't think your company is beyond salvation, but you're not doing yourselves any favors.

I'm amazed you are "...not sure what else we can do to please you." because its right in front of you, thread after thread. I'm not talking about pretty pictures of sweet cars (do you really think posting 40 M3s with your rims will make us forget, by the way?). I'm talking about the people behind them. It's representation and the perception of trust. You'll have to earn that again by swallowing your pride and going out of your way to make sure experiences are top notch. And, you need to looking humble while doing this (your website just shoots you in the foot, both of them). Maybe additional warranty, or loyalty incentives, or simply acting more professionally will help. Look, if any of us here have ever been caught lying to a girlfriend or wife, which is probably more of us than we'd care to admit, then we know what it's like to regain trust and be forgiven. M3 Post is your girlfriend, ADV1.Matt, so give us some flowers (), and maybe we'll remember what it's like to be in the doghouse, and forgive ADV. If Kobe can do it, then it should be easy for you.

It's funny, I've read a lot of posts over the years, and I've not ONCE seen the guys at IND act poorly, even when mistakes have happened. There are more threads and posts praising them than bashing you. Respeck.

Lord, you should be paying me for this consultation.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #196
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

i still dont' get it... how can a set of 21" MSRP can be over 10g for ADV1.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #197
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Matthew - I'm not trying to argue and I don't feel I've acted unprofessionally with anyone on this forum. However, please don't confuse me trying to address the blatantly false accusations being made about our company and product as trying to act unprofessional. I'm simply trying to interject a few facts into the discussion and like most "arguments" on internet forums no one ever gives up an inch on what they believe or what they've heard from their mothers brothers aunt's mailman about the topic regardless of actual firsthand knowledge of the topics discussed and things quickly spiral downward. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately but we NEVER call people out, act disrespectful, or try and berate members. Period. End of discussion.

Per Jordan's argument on L4P - It must've been before my time because we have a stellar reputation on that forum and no bad blood with anyone i've seen in my time with ADV.1. My job for the first 6 months was simply to be online forums and interact with communities, answer questions, etc and i've seen no evidence of that forum rejecting us. Again - i'm not trying to be disrespectful to you - simply stating that my experience hasn't been that and i've seen no evidence of that.

Now onto addressing the TUV certification more in depth and why only having one set certified for the M3 platform...

What we haven't been able to explain well enough apparently is that with TUV certification you can have a 20X8.5, 20X10.5 setup for the M3 that is built and TUV certified. Another wheel built next in line with the identical materials, in the same factory, on the same machine, at the same time, but running a 20X8.5, 20X11 M3 setup (or even an identical 20X8.5, 20X10.5 but with a different spoke design) is considered by TUV to be a completely different wheel and thus won't have certification.

From a structural and quality standpoint there is NO difference between the 20X10.5, and 20X11 wheel - the only difference is the paperwork. Our wheels haven't changed in their manufacturing process since day one which means getting all of our wheels TUV certified is simply a matter of paperwork.

This is why we've been able to achieve a TUV manufacturing certification and why now we can pump paperwork through on tons of wheels to make things official on anything our customers need TUV certified. But understand - paperwork or no paperwork the quality and safety of the wheels on the 20X11 wheel (or different spoke design wheel) isn't compromised simply because it doesn't have the paperwork. They are ALL made in accordance to TUV standards and have been since day one.

If that wasn't the case we would not have been able to achieve TUV manufacturing status. Now i'm sure someone at this point will say "But X company says their entire line is TUV certified". Most wheel manufactures that don't build custom offsets can do this simply because there is a finite amount of widths and offsets possible to achieve this. They may only offer a 19X8.5 19X10.5 in 4 offsets, and as such only have to certify 8 wheels to have that entire line TUV certified.

For us on the other hand as we can build ANY offset you'd like to have our entire lineup TUV certified we'd have to build and test a 19X10 +0, 19X10 +1, 19X10 +2, 19X10 +3, and on and on and on. And then after we certified 150 wheels for the rear at 2k a pop for certification we'd have to do the same for the front wheel. No company has done this before and this is why we haven't - there is no reason to as the actual structure and safety/load rating of the wheel doesn't change with a different offset. Which is why we don't TUV certify "every" wheel.

For our 1-piece wheels alone it would require 40 different forgings (wheel sizes), x 12 spoke designs x roughly 100 different offset permutations which would only require about 48,000 wheels to be certified to have our entire 1-piece line officially TUV certified in every fitment configuration possible. And then we'd have to start in on our 3-piece wheels. Do you think any other big name wheel manufacture did that to TUV certify their entire line? Of course not.

Hopefully this can help claify why this whole TUV certified/not TUV certified thing is a slightly ridiculous discussion to begin with. The facts are this - our wheels are up to TUV standards or we wouldn't have been able to get TUV manufacturing certification. Every ADV.1 wheel on the road can pass that certification but are we going to certify every style and option? No. And no other company would either. For our customers in Germany - where this certification is actually necessary, those are the applications we're going to certify for on their specific orders.

I hope this can clarify the TUV certification and any concerns with the safety of our product line.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #198
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Are VMR wheels (sold by EAS and **********s) legit?
They're gravity cast wheels made in taiwan. Claim to be JWL/VIA.