BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

03-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #221
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
Might be heading out to Taiwan in next couple months, need to check out your M3

Miss Taiwan!
let me know! I'm down to meet

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #222
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
So where are they @? Priority mail takes five days - coming by boat?
Guys we have no control over how quickly the documents are processed at TUV. It's not exactly a small operation over there but our paperwork has been filed, we're just waiting to have it processed and sent back.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #223
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
Thanks. All we can do is help to educate people. There's a lot of marketing hype and there's fact. It's up to you as the consumer to do your own research.
Couldn't have said it better.

Sad thing is a lot of these new "wheel" companies exist only because they target the uneducated and the "baller" celebrity crowd that most don't know jack about cars besides what looks nice and what's expensive must be good mentality.

Alan
      03-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #224
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Would have to agree with your statement. There is no correlation between "expensive" and "good" in the wheel industry.
Or anything in life for that matter! Im glad to see you guys have SAE certs seeing as how I live in the US!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #225
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

[QUOTE=**********;11613132]Correct. We are not TUV certified. We have SAE J2530 certification.

1. Only the VS8.2 has certification. The MS8 and MS10 are tested via FEA only. The load rating on our 3PC is over 800kg per corner and they are being used on a 650kg per corner vehicle. Certifying and testing 3PC is a very complicated and prolonged process. Even if you change the profile for a less or more concave/conical/flat profile you`ll have to retest and recertify. I can attest that no one in the wheel industry will test and certify all of their fitments, profile, design combinations. It's simple impossible on a 3PC program. If you ever get the chance to compare one of our 3PC wheels next to our competitors, you`ll appreciate the quality difference.

Our FEA parameters are TUV-spec which are about 20% more abusive than SAE and are very very aggressive. We have yet to have a wheel that passed our FEA test and failed the physical testing. Why don't we have 20-30 wheel styles in 300 different configurations like other companies? Because it is very easy to loose track of quality and loose focus on engineering. When you buy our products you know it's been engineered by an actual graduated professional with a bachelors in Engineering, not a technician/designer that call himself an engineer, it has been tested, certified, track proven and best of all it has passed with flying colors the best test a wheel can go under, time. After 7 years of making forged wheels we have had ZERO catastrophic failures and only 0.6% of all wheels we have sold have experienced a bend or a crack. We are not saying our wheels are indestructible, because they could bend/crack like any other, but we make sure we do everything possible so that doesn't happen. They are very well engineered and that has been proven with time. That makes us proud.

2) Forged. The industry is changing and the market is spreading across two areas. We are introducing a flow formed product line shortly and perhaps we`ll bring the SpunForged name back.

Others should take a lesson, props MORR and keep up the awesome work.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #226
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Now THAT'S a certificate!

also, i'm glad they're clearly sayin the wheels r forged, which's wut i've always believed them 2 be.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #227
Barny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

I found this thread today and read it all the way through. I guess I have some lucky timing. I'm glad I chose MORR.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #228
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Morr,

Thanks for following up. Just to clarify the 20" VS8.2 are forged just like how wheels like Volk TE37, BBS RGR, BBS FI are? The word "forged" gets thrown around loosely on this forum so I just want to be clear.

I've had two of your vendors tell me they aren't when I pm'ed about them. I just want to be clear with this because I've seen companies come out with a wheel name for example "megaforged" TM name on a cast wheel misleading buyers it's a forged wheel.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 03-24-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #229
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Good to have you on the phone Alan. Feel free to call again for anything else you need.
Just sent you guys an email
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #230
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Received. I just happen to be browsing the boards at 2:00 AM . I`ll have your inquiry taken cared on Monday.
Thanks mate, Im just looking around for CSL style wheel options. Take your time Cheers
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #231
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Good to have you on the phone Alan. Feel free to call again for anything else you need.
Same here and thanks for clearing things up. Looks like I will be getting me some MORR mods in the near future

Send me those pics when you have a chance.

Alan
      03-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #232
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Received. I just happen to be browsing the boards at 2:00 AM . I`ll have your inquiry taken cared on Monday.
This has to be Andy! He always responds to my text around this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Same here and thanks for clearing things up. Looks like I will be getting me some MORR mods in the near future

Send me those pics when you have a chance.

Alan
Awesome you won't be disappointed Alan.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #233
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Right there under wheel testing in the HRE statement it says not every style and fitment is tested. So all the fancy photos and big long story to find out only "some" wheels are tested.

Same bs as other some other companies a big fancy article to tell you they have a certified management process. Which doesnt have a damn thing to do with wheel testing. I could see where this is misleading if other people cannot they are blind.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #234
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
Right there under wheel testing in the HRE statement it says not every style and fitment is tested. So all the fancy photos and big long story to find out only "some" wheels are tested.

Same bs as other some other companies a big fancy article to tell you they have a certified management process. Which doesnt have a damn thing to do with wheel testing. I could see where this is misleading if other people cannot they are blind.
Why the hate - They're not claiming anything they don't have. The certs right there.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #235
db71
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Why the hate - They're not claiming anything they don't have. The certs right there.

Your right the certification for 6 wheels and the management process. Is right there. They sell a lot more than 6 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #236
db71
Private
Rep

Yes but people only see the TUV and don't read the details and say. HRE wheels are TUV certified. I can find probably 50 comments on here that say just that. When in fact 6 HRE wheels are certified.

It is not lying but could definatly be misleading. like I said earlier not what they say it's what they don't say.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #237
phillegal
Registered
Rep
Drives: '98 LR Discovery beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
Yes but people only see the TUV and don't read the details and say. HRE wheels are TUV certified. I can find probably 50 comments on here that say just that. When in fact 6 HRE wheels are certified.

It is not lying but could definatly be misleading. like I said earlier not what they say it's what they don't say.

I think somewhere (either in this thread or a similar one) it has been mentioned that not every wheel is TUV certified because that would be extremely expensive. You do not need to test every offset, rim size etc. as long as for each style (or similar enough styles), at least one wheel is tested. FEA can (assuming you know what you're doing) reasonably test the other sizes/offsets. Arguably, rim to rim, the amount of material and method in which they are produced does not vary greatly. As long as one rim passes certification, it does lend greatly to the notion that all rims produced by that manufacturer should also pass.

On the other hand, if a manufacturer has zero certifications, there are no ways to assess if ANY of its wheels are safe. Therefore third-party verification is necessary.

I don't think it's misleading, but rather that a lot people are not very bright. 6>0
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #238
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

If it is true that they only have 6 TUV certified wheels, it is better than having an imaginary certificate on wheels that have never been tested.
      03-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #239
db71
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillegal View Post
I think somewhere (either in this thread or a similar one) it has been mentioned that not every wheel is TUV certified because that would be extremely expensive. You do not need to test every offset, rim size etc. as long as for each style (or similar enough styles), at least one wheel is tested. FEA can (assuming you know what you're doing) reasonably test the other sizes/offsets. Arguably, rim to rim, the amount of material and method in which they are produced does not vary greatly. As long as one rim passes certification, it does lend greatly to the notion that all rims produced by that manufacturer should also pass.

On the other hand, if a manufacturer has zero certifications, there are no ways to assess if ANY of its wheels are safe. Therefore third-party verification is necessary.

I don't think it's misleading, but rather that a lot people are not very bright. 6>0
I agree with this 100% especially the last statement.

In regards to this what I understood about adv1's paper as someone who was in the know seemed to say it was a certificate of conformity I do not know but to me this would seem to me that at least that wheel conforms to TUV standards?

I am just interested to know if a wheel can conform to TUV standards or be TUV tested without the company's management process being TUV certified?

As someone said Most of us are in the US where SAE matters.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #240
db71
Private
Rep

I just read post #26. I did not realize that the conformity thing on the picture posted could be their own test or any other test such as SAE JWL. Now that I read this I see why the criticism on this topic. The last part I read was they said they were waiting on paperwork so I guess we will wait and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #241
db71
Private
Rep

Wow I'm not going through all that bs. But I do not think that I defended the whole TUV thing and ADV1 i actually said it was misleading and they probably regret saying it.

But I do know that people are not lining up complaining about issues with their products. B

Hey you never know they screw up somebody has to sell wheels to their customers now the information is out there to what makes some people on this forum decide what wheels to buy.

I myself would never buy ADV1 wheels because the ones I would want I feel are priced to high. I would not buy hre either though.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #242
HRE_Mickey
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sold E39 M5

Just so NOBODY thinks HRE is trying to say all of our wheels are TUV certified, we’ll state it again. NOT ALL HRE WHEELS ARE TUV CERTIFIED. The certifications we show above show these 2 things:

1. Our Quality Management System is TUV certified – This is the hard part requiring the audit and adherence to a strict quality control process.
2. The certs for the wheels shows only that the P43 in that particular width, offset, diameter, etc. is TUV certified. This required 3 wheels to be tested; Radial fatigue, Cornering fatigue, Impact. This is one style in one specification, not 6 wheels. To TUV cert the P43 across all applications is a daunting and expensive process. We were just showing an example so you know what a genuine TUV wheel testing certification looks like.

Now all that being said, we have TUV certified dozens of wheels, usually in popular styles, like the P40 in several specifications for our popular fitments for Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc. Not all Porsches, not all BMWs, not all styles. Does this make sense?

NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT: Officially you’re not supposed to be able to have a TUV certified WHEELS WITHOUT the TUV certified FACILITY. However, many TUV vehicle registration stations will accept a TUV test cert of the wheel and never “bother to check” if the company itself holds a TUV certification. This is unfortunate as there is no guarantee that the quality of the wheel tested is representative of all the wheels manufactured (even of the same specification). If the company doesn’t have a professional QM system, the variability is simply unknown. HRE worked to get our COMPANY certified BEFORE we sent any WHEELS to certify so when we present a TUV wheel certification, it is all by the book.

We are also very careful to make sure what we say accurately represents the truth in what we do and in what is required. Lying or trying to trick people isn’t good for long-term business and we expect to be here a long time. So please don’t compare us to those that don’t care to tell the truth or simply don’t understand what is required. If we make a mistake, we are open about it. If we say something incorrect, please feel free to correct us.

Also, if you’re an industry person, as it is clear some of the newer members on this thread are, we think you should state your company and post as a company representative. HRE posts as HRE. We believe it helps all the members of this forum if everyone knows where the info is coming from, not just what is being said. We don’t care if you’re helping or bashing HRE and others, we’d just like to see you do it out in the open.
Appreciate 0