BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #67
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
I wish I'd paid for my M3 in gum...

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #68
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Rolf-Dieter - Thank you! That's one helluva story. I guess it all came full circle with the M3. I know you got many more stories in your memory bank. Keep 'em coming big guy!

I'd love to do a cross country trip with this thing. That would be my dream vacation.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #69
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
It is the best way to spend a vacation on the Autobahn and back roads of Germany a lot of history there ... you should check out (DW.COM) Deutsche Welle it is a TV Station in English and German ... they have a weekly program called "Discover Germany" on Sundays in English it takes you to many vacation spots. If you have cable or satellite you can add the channel for $5-/Month a great investment for some super commercial free shows. check it out on ===>CLICK to open the link here

You can also check out Discover Germany the Travel Guide ===>On the Internet CLICK to open the link ... have fun planning
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #70
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Bought the M3 even after all my friends told me I should buy a house first! I never regret buying her. I regret why I did not have enough money when I was student to buy her earlier. Although it took me only a year after graduation to save enough money to buy my car.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #71
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
I wish I'd paid for my M3 in gum...
Or with Roof Tiles (Ziegelsteine as we say in German )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
Rolf-Dieter - Thank you! That's one helluva story. I guess it all came full circle with the M3. I know you got many more stories in your memory bank. Keep 'em coming big guy!

I'd love to do a cross country trip with this thing. That would be my dream vacation.
Thanks, oh yes there are plenty of other stories and more to come (touch wood)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!
You will love it ... will give you and your wife planning ideas for your next ED trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Bought the M3 even after all my friends told me I should buy a house first! I never regret buying her. I regret why I did not have enough money when I was student to buy her earlier. Although it took me only a year after graduation to save enough money to buy my car.
Well done ,,, enjoy your car the fruits of hard labour

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #72
Sdao68
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92

Garage List
I had been looking at a 2011 M3 that I found at a dealership in Reading Pa for a couple weeks. I couldn't sleep one friday night thinking about it, I left the house at about 4 in the morning, my wife still sleeping in bed, drove 5 hours to just "look at it" yea right. Drove it home that day. What was I thinking!! I can't drive 2 cars home by myself
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #73
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdao68 View Post
I had been looking at a 2011 M3 that I found at a dealership in Reading Pa for a couple weeks. I couldn't sleep one friday night thinking about it, I left the house at about 4 in the morning, my wife still sleeping in bed, drove 5 hours to just "look at it" yea right. Drove it home that day. What was I thinking!! I can't drive 2 cars home by myself
I know all about the sleepless nights. Only one thing to do and that is to just do it Congratulations nice car great colour that red is

Did you leave your old car behind? How did you manage?

BTW, you have 2 empty garages you can delete them ...

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #74
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

This was simple, wife had issues with her IS e93 and wanted something diff. Asked what do you want...she said, lets order an M3...done!
      11-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #75
Sdao68
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Rolf-Dieter;10746387]
Quote:
I had been looking at a 2011 M3 that I found at a dealership in Reading Pa for a couple weeks. I couldn't sleep one friday night thinking about it, I left the house at about 4 in the morning, my wife still sleeping in bed, drove 5 hours to just "look at it" yea right. Drove it home that day. What was I thinking!! I can't drive 2 cars home by myself[/QUOTE
I know all about the sleepless nights. Only one thing to do and that is to just do it Congratulations nice car great colour that red is

Did you leave your old car behind? How did you manage? My wife and I drove back to Pa to get my truck on Sunday. Long weekend

BTW, you have 2 empty garages you can delete them ...
Have not figured out how to delete them
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #76
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Sdao68;10746502]
Quote:
Have not figured out how to delete them
Sdao, it is fairly simple really ... just do this;

1) click on one of your lower garages (the one without the pic of your car)
2) you will see two options on the upper right (see my screen shot below)
3) just click on "Delete Vehicle Profile"

and you are done ... do it once more for the second empty garage.

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #77
Sdao68
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Rolf-Dieter;10746546]
Quote:

Sdao, it is fairly simple really ... just do this;

1) click on one of your lower garages (the one without the pic of your car)
2) you will see two options on the upper right (see my screen shot below)
3) just click on "Delete Vehicle Profile"

and you are done ... do it once more for the second empty garage.
I must be blind i have been to that screen several times trying to figure it out. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #78
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Sdao68;10746585]
Quote:

I must be blind i have been to that screen several times trying to figure it out. Thanks
My pleasure to help, take care.

PS. Nice car BTW

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-05-2011 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: added PS
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #79
Better With Age
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 Jerez Black

I had been "eyeballing" an M3 for months. Back and forth; off and on; hot and cold; yes and no; got to have it and then forget about it!

I was out shopping one Saturday with my wife when I approached a brand new M3 coupe parked in front of the store we were about to enter. I stood there for a bit - drooling, I'm sure - when I noticed a guy walking toward us on the opposite side of the M3. I am sure it was in part due to the wistful and envious look on my face but the guy walked up to the other side of the M3, looked at my wife and said pretty loudly, "let him buy it!" She turned to me and said, "go ahead, you really deserve it".

End of story. Brand new 2011 Jerez black M3 coupe was in my garage 2 weeks later. My "Happy 60th Birthday present to me".

Great car. Exceptional wife.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #80
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

I bought the e92 m3 on impulse, but the e46 m3 because it was time and a dream...

I wont buy on impulse again lol

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #81
ObviousMan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ZCP

My Jet Black E90 ZCP is my third BMW. I still have number 1, a 2005 330Ci ZHP. I traded in number 2, a 2005 E46 M3 convertible, that I had bought CPO about three years ago. I loved the E46 M3, but I had already been corrupted by a friend who had a 2008 E90 M3 and let me autocross it. Ever since, I kind of casually would scan the local dealer web sites to check their M3 inventory. Just about a year ago, my car showed up. I could not believe that a dealer ordered a car this way...ZCP package, 6MT, cloth and leather interior, no sunroof...plus it's an E90. I really like having four doors and the fold down rear seat. I watched it on the web site for about a week and thought about it the whole time before deciding I really could make it happen. It was my big birthday present to myself...also perfect timing. I am so glad I got it. I love the sound and feel of the V8...first time for me to own a car with a V8 and with this much HP. I autocross it regularly with the BMW Club.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #82
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
Was planning to order a 335 and the husband insisted I get an M3. I think he thought he'd get to drive it more than he does. sucka!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #83
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

My first Bimmer purchase was a 2010 X5 w/ M Sports package and loved it. After buying that car, I began to read everything I could about BMW and the M heritage and fell in love with them.

One day about 2 months ago I was sitting at work and decided to mess around on BMWUSA.com just looking at the new M3 and a feeling came over me that said I had to have one. So being in the military, I went down to the local Pentagon Car Sales dealer to see what they had in stock just so I could see one in person for myself. They had a blue one which I wasn't too excited about but the sales rep showed me 4 other Coupes on the computer that were at other PCS locations around Germany and that's when I found the Silverstone Metallic Coupe.

I knew that I would need to trade in the X5 in order to purchase the M3 so I asked them what they would give me for it. So after a couple of days of the local German BMW dealership, they offered me a substantial amount which left me with $6K in equity so I immediately signed the trade-in paper work, handed them $3K for the down payment on the M3 and called my wife for a ride home.

You should have seen the look on her face when she asked where my truck was. LOL So after waiting almost 2 weeks due to paperwork and German customs/tax paperwork to be completed, I had to carpool with my wife in her Countryman. Needless to say, she got sick and tired of me riding with her. But eventually, I got the call that the paperwork was all finished and I could head to the dealer for delivery. What a day. Then I learned I had to drive it slow for 1200 miles.

*update*

I just hit 1200 miles the other day but have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. I wanna go fast damn it!
Appreciate 0