BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

08-05-2007, 02:09 AM   #133
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

This thread is so retarded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
BTW, with just 2K mods my car sounds stock, puts down over 400 RHWP, gets 29-30 mpg on the highway.
Jesus Christ!!! Could you possibly be more of a troll??? Please spare us your C6 "we're superior to everyone" bullshit - it's not even remotely funny or amusing. Any car can get that kind of mileage if you fill the tank and drive 300 miles on the highway. That's not real world. Besides, who give a crap about mileage!!! No-one buys a performance car with any regard to MPG anyway!!!

Quote:
It's a Goat, but it's a big overweight goat that is close to 4,000 lbs. with a driver (no offense GTO owners)
Ok, you really need to STOP NOW. It's certainly NOT a "Goat" !!!! Calling the late-model GTO (Chevy Cavalier look-alike) a "Goat", as in if it had ANY common lineage with real GTOs is simply blasphemous. Pontiac tainted the heritage of the real '64-'74 GTOs when they slapped the GTO emblem on that abomination they currently call a "GTO". You can't take a Corvette engine and drop it into a generic coupe body and call it a GTO. I laugh every time I see one of those things - I don't give a shit how fast they are, they look rediculous!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #134
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335, '08 LS3 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
I know what you mean by the dieting. But most cars, from an old Corolla to a new one. have gained so much weight. Heck, I have a Chevy Citation X-11 in my garage (Ever hear of one of those?). That thing is so roomy, big hatchback. Fiberglass, cowl induction hood from the factory, etc. That car only weighs like 2700Lbs. I got a trailer hitch on it, and used to tow all my DJ equipment around! I think most of the weight gain has to do with safety mainly. I mean the cars are a little bigger, but weigh a lot more in many cases. Look at the new Scion XB, the thing gained over 15% in weight, as many new cars have. And your right about simple engineering in the long run..it will be better to have generally for reliability. So if I were buying a used 10yr old sports car, the small block Chevy would be ideal. All that electronic, dual variable cams, direct injections, high pressure fuel pumps..etc...are great to have when the car is under warranty, but not so great when the car is older, and the warranty runs out. But some people like owning new high tech stuff, and BMW is one of those companies that prides itself on being at the forefront of automotive technology. Remember, the 5.0 Liter BMW engine puts out more than the 6 liter Chevy Corvette engine. And in fact, it takes a 7.0L V8 from GM to have the same output. And for a normally aspirated 3.2L M3 to run so close to a 6.0L V8, is pretty impressive anyways. 400Hp out of a 6.0L is pretty good, but Dodge does it also, with their 6.1L putting out 425HP. Oh, the SRT8 Charger at Famosa, and LACR didn't stand a chance against my M3 or 335i, on those particular days. The owner was hoping to see 12's, but he ran low to mid 14s. Anyways, can't wait to see the Video on the Procede 335i vs SpeedFreak's GTO. Does the GTO has any mods at all?? Whats the elevation, temps there? Of course I know how fast a GTO CAN be. Like I said, my coworker has a APS twin turbo GTO, that is putting about down about 625RWHP (compared to around 435 RWHP for a ZO6). I do like his set up, the exhaust is quieter than ever now with the twin turbos. And the damn kit was only about $6K or so.
Well......the runs have been done, waiting on video editing. Should have a separate post up tonight or early tom. morning. Don't want to give out any more details other than that......this one's going to be GOOD.:rocks:

The "Goat" is bone stock, and temp was like 70 something I think?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #135
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned335i View Post

Jesus Christ!!! Could you possibly be more of a troll??? Please spare us your C6 "we're superior to everyone" bullshit - it's not even remotely funny or amusing. Any car can get that kind of mileage if you fill the tank and drive 300 miles on the highway. That's not real world. Besides, who give a crap about mileage!!! No-one buys a performance car with any regard to MPG anyway!!!

Ok, you really need to STOP NOW. It's certainly NOT a "Goat" !!!! Calling the late-model GTO (Chevy Cavalier look-alike) a "Goat", as in if it had ANY common lineage with real GTOs is simply blasphemous. Pontiac tainted the heritage of the real '64-'74 GTOs when they slapped the GTO emblem on that abomination they currently call a "GTO". You can't take a Corvette engine and drop it into a generic coupe body and call it a GTO. I laugh every time I see one of those things - I don't give a shit how fast they are, they look rediculous!!!!
Seeing as how a) I've had an E90 for longer than almost anyone here, b) I'm one of the original members of this forum, c) you've been here for about a month, and d) your statement is nothing more than a sad attempt to imply something that isn't there, that troll statement is one of the funniest things I've seen this week yet at the same time completely uncalled for and frankly pretty pathetic on your part. If that's the level of intelligence and insight you plan on providing to this forum then please go somewhere to spout your nonsense.

As far your post as a whole, yawn........I hope you improve with age.

and the ignore list gains a new member.......

Last edited by Carnage; 08-05-2007 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #136
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak81 View Post
Well......the runs have been done, waiting on video editing. Should have a separate post up tonight or early tom. morning. Don't want to give out any more details other than that......this one's going to be GOOD.:rocks:

The "Goat" is bone stock, and temp was like 70 something I think?
More like 80 something.......I know I wasnt the only one sweating out there.....humid as hell. Got a few good runs in though! and a few crappy ones

edit: I checked. It was 87 degrees last night at 10:30pm in Fairfax. So mid 80's is a safe bet.
      08-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #137
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
More like 80 something.......I know I wasnt the only one sweating out there.....humid as hell. Got a few good runs in though! and a few crappy ones

edit: I checked. It was 87 degrees last night at 10:30pm in Fairfax. So mid 80's is a safe bet.
I hope you did ok against your friend's GTO. Yes, they are fast no doubt, but I know from my brief experiences against a couple GTO 6.0L's (one stock and one with an exhaust and who knows what else) that a PROcede 335i should have a slight edge. Thanks for doing the videos...can't wait to see.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 08-05-2007 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #138
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Post them ASAP! LOL. Actually at sea-level. the GTO should trap faster than a stock 335i. If you check my other post (on comparing 60's times), I made 3 runs this morning. My best was a 13.271 @ 105.24mph. My best trap this morning was 105.61mph.
Unfortunately I didn't have a stock GTO to test along with my car. So if GTOs really run 108mph, they would pull on my car top end. Would they do better than a 13.271 on this morning, (high humidity/70F), who knows? Officially, Road and Track Magazine rates the GTO at a 5.0 sec 0-60mph and 13.5 sec qtr mile...which interestingly enough is identical to their rating of the 335i. The M3 was 4.8, 13.4 secs, so one could conceivably beat the GTO at the drag strip if driven properly. I have never seen a GTO rated at 108mph in any of the tests. I have seen 107mph, and over 106mph on M3's. The 335i is generally105-106mph. However, at higher altitudes, a stock 335i will definitely walk away from a stock GTO. So given they are this close...a 335i modified with (TT, Proceded/Xede, etc) 40-60 more HP SHOULD easily pull away from a stock GTO. However, there seems to be a lot of inconsistant results out there. But I know, if MY 335i had 50 more horsepower, and trapped at over 110mph...that is higher than any stock GTO would test at.
With drag slicks, expert drivers, etc...of course there are some anomolies out there. There have been stock M3s out there with DRs that have dipped into the 12's also...but thats a whole different comparison.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #139
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Post them ASAP! LOL. Actually at sea-level. the GTO should trap faster than a stock 335i. If you check my other post (on comparing 60's times), I made 3 runs this morning. My best was a 13.271 @ 105.24mph. My best trap this morning was 105.61mph.
Unfortunately I didn't have a stock GTO to test along with my car. So if GTOs really run 108mph, they would pull on my car top end. Would they do better than a 13.271 on this morning, (high humidity/70F), who knows? Officially, Road and Track Magazine rates the GTO at a 5.0 sec 0-60mph and 13.5 sec qtr mile...which interestingly enough is identical to their rating of the 335i. The M3 was 4.8, 13.4 secs, so one could conceivably beat the GTO at the drag strip if driven properly. I have never seen a GTO rated at 108mph in any of the tests. I have seen 107mph, and over 106mph on M3's. The 335i is generally105-106mph. However, at higher altitudes, a stock 335i will definitely walk away from a stock GTO. So given they are this close...a 335i modified with (TT, Proceded/Xede, etc) 40-60 more HP SHOULD easily pull away from a stock GTO. However, there seems to be a lot of inconsistant results out there. But I know, if MY 335i had 50 more horsepower, and trapped at over 110mph...that is higher than any stock GTO would test at.
With drag slicks, expert drivers, etc...of course there are some anomolies out there. There have been stock M3s out there with DRs that have dipped into the 12's also...but thats a whole different comparison.
Magazine and bench racing FTL! hahaha. Stay tuned folks.

Matt-87* whoowee! I knew there was a reason I was sweating so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #140
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:

That is some serious magazine racing........you should just ask SpeedFreak what he trapped when he took his car to the strip, much easier and more accurate!
      08-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #141
speedfreak81
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
That is some serious magazine racing........you should just ask SpeedFreak what he trapped when he took his car to the strip, much easier and more accurate!
Silly silly, didn't you know that the car rags hire John Force for all their testing??? None of us common folk can do any better than that.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #142
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Not sure what you guys did last night, but the only thing I can say is that when I went to my local 1/4 mi. drag strip, my PROcede 335i ran 13.097 sec. @ 106.67mph (1.9777sec. 60ft., and my highest trap was 107.15mph that night) while a stock GTO 6.0L ran in the low 14's, and my buddy in his stock 335i (w/ RFTs) ran 13.6-13.8sec. @ 102.xxmph (2.0xxsec. 60ft.) that very hot and humid night. I'm not saying that the GTOs are slow by any means; just that my PROcede 335i happen to be significantly faster that night on a so-so track in very hot and humid conditions. In addition, on another day, I ran with a GTO 6.0L with an exhaust and beat him from a 20mph roll - ~ 80mph by ~ 2 CLs.

I think your videos will be very interesting to say the least.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 08-05-2007 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #143
hotrod182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Not sure what you guys did last night, but the only thing I can say is that when I went to my local 1/4 mi. drag strip, my PROcede 335i ran 13.097 sec. @ 106.67mph (1.9777sec. 60ft., and my highest trap was 107.15mph that night) while a stock GTO 6.0L ran in the low 14's, and my buddy in his stock 335i (w/ RFTs) ran 13.6-13.8sec. @ 102.xxmph (2.0xxsec. 60ft.) that very hot and humid night. I'm not saying that the GTOs are slow by any means; just that my PROcede 335i happen to be significantly faster that night on a so-so track in very hot and humid conditions. In addition, on another day, I ran with a GTO 6.0L with an exhaust and beat him from a 20mph roll - ~ 80mph by ~ 2 CLs.

I guess we can keep posting, and taking video of all the 6.0 GTOs that we beat, and they can keep talking about how their cars can easily beat our 335i BMWs. And since the video is not at a timed drag strip, who really knows where their runs stand relative to other comparisons.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #144
Doc GTO
Wicked Fast +1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 X5 50i MSport/02 M3 Track

Quote:

You have some aggression saved up, don't you . . . Cool off. Do you really know the original design and heritage of the 64-74 GTOs??? Sounds like you don't.

They took a mid sized car they already had in production and stuffed a full size motor they already had in production into the mid size car. Boom - faster, lighter, smaller car. No frills - just fast. That ,my friend, was the original GTO.

Come to present time and see what Lutz did. He took a mid size car already in production (with a great racing history in Oz) and stuffed in the best small block V8 they had into it. Boom - New GTO.

Hmmm . . . Relax

I usual wave as I leave any BMW in my wake when they want to race. New M5 to be included. Though, with my power level, it's like clubbing baby seals. I've raced and owned BMWs in the past and I love them but you need to get off your high horse. We are all car lovers.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #145
Doc GTO
Wicked Fast +1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 X5 50i MSport/02 M3 Track

Quote:

Good runs. My best runs with bolt-ons and a tune was 13.06 at 107. Based on traps I'd say very similar rwhp. 60ft was 1.91.

My buddy in his 2005 6.0 GTO had a best bone stock run of 12.9 at 108. His 60 was about the same. His best bolt-ons, tune run was 12.6 at 112.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #146
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc GTO View Post
Good runs. My best runs with bolt-ons and a tune was 13.06 at 107. Based on traps I'd say very similar rwhp. 60ft was 1.91.

My buddy in his 2005 6.0 GTO had a best bone stock run of 12.9 at 108. His 60 was about the same. His best bolt-ons, tune run was 12.6 at 112.
Thanks. I've also beat an '07 Dodge Charger SRT-8 from a dig - ~ 110mph by about 1.5CLs (and he got a much better launch then me but I caught up to him and we were even until I hit 3rd gear...that's when I began to pull ahead) and a Chrysler 300C SRT-8 from a 65mph roll up to ~ 120mph or so by ~ 5+ CLs...that guy just couldn't keep up at all. I think the Pontiac GTO 6.0L's are similar in speed as these SRT-8s, just based on my experience running with them a few times...fast but heavy.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #147
hotrod182
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I've also beat an '07 Dodge Charger SRT-8 from a dig - ~ 110mph by about 1.5CLs (and he got a much better launch then me but I caught up to him and we were even until I hit 3rd gear...that's when I began to pull ahead) and a Chrysler 300C SRT-8 from a 65mph roll up to ~ 120mph or so by ~ 5+ CLs...that guy just couldn't keep up at all. I think the Pontiac GTO 6.0L's are similar in speed as these SRT-8s, just based on my experience running with them a few times...fast but heavy.
I think the 300C SRT8 is a little bit lighter and faster than the Charger or Magnum SRT8s. And yes, they seem to be about the same quickness as the 6.0L GTOs. Last weekend at the LACR drag strip, the SRT8 Charger ran low 14's. Maybe the GTO experts can chime in on this.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #148
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think the 300C SRT8 is a little bit lighter and faster than the Charger or Magnum SRT8s. And yes, they seem to be about the same quickness as the 6.0L GTOs. Last weekend at the LACR drag strip, the SRT8 Charger ran low 14's. Maybe the GTO experts can chime in on this.
Hmmm...I was under the impression (and I've also heard this through the grapevine) that the Dodge Charger SRT-8 is really the fastest SRT-8 of the bunch (I'd have to look it up, but I also think its lighter than the 300C SRT-8).

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #149
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

Quote:

Great runs! Man, you're so so close to 12.xx. You'll get there! Nice 60 foot times--that's where you'll get into the 12s.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #150
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
Great runs! Man, you're so so close to 12.xx. You'll get there! Nice 60 foot times--that's where you'll get into the 12s.
Yep...thanks. That's reserved for v2.0 and cooler weather.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #151
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
X2

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #152
Tuned335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Seeing as how a) I've had an E90 for longer than almost anyone here, b) I'm one of the original members of this forum.......
Yes, and neither of which means anything at all or gives you any credibility, other than you have lots of time to surf the net and post replies...There are plenty of uses here with 3000+ posts who's heads are in their ass. Lots of posts and a "General" designation doesn't make make you or anyone else an expert, knowledgeable about ANYTHING, but some people think it does. It means you have lots of time in your life to spend looking at a website - THAT'S ALL.

Quote:
c) you've been here for about a month
LOL!!! As far as you know, YES!!! Actually, I have more than one login on E90Post.com which I use for other sub-forums...and I've been around much longer than a month.

Quote:
and the ignore list gains a new member
Good, glad to hear it! One less jerkoff to see replies from!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #153
Tuned335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc GTO View Post
I've raced and owned BMWs in the past and I love them but you need to get off your high horse. We are all car lovers.
LOL!!!

Honestly, it sounds like you need to get off YOUR high horse, cause I don't have one. And don't talk to me about foreign VS domestic. I've lived big-block Ford and Pontiac since HS... If I want the V8 fairly-late-model thrill, there's an 87 Mustang GT behind one of my garage doors, which looks stock but which dynos 425RWHP and runs 12.10 in the 1/4 without any fuss at all.
I never said a 335i was the last word in performance cars or could flog GTOs with ease...

Caucasian please!! You don't seriously think that 40 years from now, anyone will give a shit about a 2007 Pontiac GTO, do you? I'm willing to bet you're not going to keep it that long to find out!!!

The bottom line is that there is always a faster car that will pull up to you at the next stoplight. As long as everyone rememebers that there is always someone out there with more money, more mods, and more power who will kick your ass, we should all be able to get along. The only races that mean anything are stock-to-stock. After that, what's the point? Once you start modding, it's all about $$$$$$, nothing else!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #154
Rangeball
Rep
Drives: 2006 GTO, 6MT, Black/Black

Then why is everyone comparing a Procede 335i vs. stock GTO?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread