BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
bim14
BIMMM3R
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 6MT AW/SO

you might find this ridiculous but work with me

I previously leased a 2009 BMW m3 coupe....and my lease was up so i got myself into something a little cheaper in payments/insurance....and i got a 6mt 335i e92.....i've had it for a month, but idk if I really want it anymore.... so i've been considering having a friend take over my lease payments on a brand new car with 1500 miles......Im gonna be ordering my car today cuz its my bday today....i was pretty set on ordering a c63, but I really miss my M, and I think i want a 6 speed transmission. Can you guys try to convince me, or atleast help me settle to a conclusion on if i should go loaded c63 vs. e9x m3 6mt(Jerez or Le mans/Fox Red). I know both cars are great, but im so ambivalent right now, and considering that I had an e92 335i, and an e92 m3....idk if i should go for another e92 bcuz i may get bored of the way the car looks quick. Regardless, will all you car people out there chime in, and help me out a little.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Dominic_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 ///M3 and 2014 535i

since you were looking for something cheaper and got a 335i I think you may be either tight on Cash or are smart man with your $. On the other hand you want to swap the car again, that tells me otherwise. So, based on your dilemma, I would just chip that 335 and have fun with it. I know is not the same as the M but you have been way too deep to keep changing cars like dirty underwear ;o).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
BigGuyM3
BBM Pin# 295E3EA9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

vs

I can’t really convince you to get either one but I can tell you my experience when I was buying my car few weeks ago and why I picked the M3

We compare the two cars C63 vs. M3 but they really are 2 different cars.

C63 is a great car, the engine and the note is just great and crazy fast, but few things I didn’t like about the Benz was its Automatic only, the interior those feel cheap, (but the seats are very nice) and I didn’t want a 4 door.

The M3 is faster on the track and slower on 1/4 but that doesn’t matter that much because I’m not a professional racer and the difference is very small it’s more the feel of driving the car everyday that matters more, I got the E92 because of the 6MT, the Fox Red , and two door, and the M has a more of a sports car feel (You already know that)

I think the M3 has a more of feel of entry level to exotic car, especially with the Red seats, while I think the C63 is just an upgraded C class.

I personally spent some time with both cars, because in the end it matters how you feel in it and what you like and is more important to you, you know that M3 since you had one, go take the C63 for a drive sit in it and see what you like more, I’m sure you'll know the answer to that whit out anyone convincing you either way.

In the end both car are absolutely great but very different, so it comes down to what you want and personal preference.
      05-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
serge
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic_M View Post
since you were looking for something cheaper and got a 335i I think you may be either tight on Cash or are smart man with your $. On the other hand you want to swap the car again, that tells me otherwise. So, based on your dilemma, I would just chip that 335 and have fun with it. I know is not the same as the M but you have been way too deep to keep changing cars like dirty underwear ;o).
+1

You were looking for something cheaper, and you got a great car like the 335. Stick to the original plan. If you switch back again, you'll be loosing a lot of money. I would enjoy a 335 for a while. The C63 is a beast, but handling and looks are so-so IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Ton of C63's here in Germany (Go figure) not impressed AT ALL!!!! They sit too high, or it appears so, the lines are the same as the standard C Class and the front end is FUGLY. The Bimmer is so refined IMO....... the lines are just dead sexy. The Bimmer performs better, better build quality, better features and you dont have to be 55 or older to own one. (Joke in Germany is Mercedes cars are for older drivers) regardless of the the class. Stay with the BMW, it is a brand you know, probably trust and there are no surprises waiting around the corner for you as you know how they perform and handle. Not taking anything away from Mercedes, but the c350 looks better than the c63.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

Happy Birthday!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Happy Birthday! ... and you came to the wrong place looking for an unbiased advise...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim14 View Post
I previously leased a 2009 BMW m3 coupe....and my lease was up so i got myself into something a little cheaper in payments/insurance....and i got a 6mt 335i e92.....i've had it for a month, but idk if I really want it anymore.... so i've been considering having a friend take over my lease payments on a brand new car with 1500 miles......Im gonna be ordering my car today cuz its my bday today....i was pretty set on ordering a c63, but I really miss my M, and I think i want a 6 speed transmission. Can you guys try to convince me, or atleast help me settle to a conclusion on if i should go loaded c63 vs. e9x m3 6mt(Jerez or Le mans/Fox Red). I know both cars are great, but im so ambivalent right now, and considering that I had an e92 335i, and an e92 m3....idk if i should go for another e92 bcuz i may get bored of the way the car looks quick. Regardless, will all you car people out there chime in, and help me out a little.

Here's my advice: Stick with the 335i for a year or two at least. Then go for something else. If you are really desperate, swap the lease out for a comparatively priced vehicle.

Here's my real advice: Whatever you do, don't ever get married. You're going to be bankrupt from alimony payments if your car swapping tendencies are any indication of your relationships with women. Just kidding...sort of. Haha
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
bim14
BIMMM3R
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 6MT AW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus View Post
Here's my advice: Stick with the 335i for a year or two at least. Then go for something else. If you are really desperate, swap the lease out for a comparatively priced vehicle.

Here's my real advice: Whatever you do, don't ever get married. You're going to be bankrupt from alimony payments if your car swapping tendencies are any indication of your relationships with women. Just kidding...sort of. Haha
thanks for reminding me
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #10
FredVMI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

You might want to consider an MTA MetroCard for the subway and bus. A lot less costly than the indecisiveness that results in rotating cars very few months! Seriously, you shouldn't rely upon this forum for a major buying decision. Requesting opinions from forum members on colors and options is reasonable, but the question you're asking is not. Stay with the 335i for at least a year or two until you figure out what you really want!

Past: E30 M3 /// E28 M5 /// E92 M3
Appreciate 0