BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

02-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee

E90Post Mid-Atlantic section has posted a Cars and Coffee Meet. It would be awesome to see a bunch of "M's" on location.
See the link to sign up: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650610

Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - Planning Thread
Here are the early specs...

First meet - Saturday, March 31 from 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Frequency - Last Saturday of each month; moving dates and frequency based on large events/holidays as well as reception
Location - Hunt Valley Towne Centre in Best Buy and Caribou Coffee parking lot

This morning I had a meeting with Les Nixon, the manager of Caribou Coffee, and he was very excited. I gave him the background of other similar meets and our general expectations. We also discussed the relative void of a larger C&C in this region -- with the closest larger meet being 40 miles away and the local meet being very small -- and the desire to bring exposure to his business and others in the HVTC.

He'll regularly provide gift certificates and I'll work with the other outlets to gather more. Spa in the Valley will certainly work well with me since I have one of their massage therapists on my staff. I also have a good relationship with Dick's Sporting Goods. Calvert Wine and Spirits will be involved and I'd imagine Best Buy will be as well due to their prominent location. There's a reasonable selection of upscale shopping so I'll work with them as well as Subway, Regal Cinema, Sears Auto, etc.

For advertising, a flyer will be spread through the sports car, luxury, exotic and classic car websites. I have a basic flyer that I made yesterday but its limited by the 10 minutes of creation time and my amateur Photoshop ability. If anyone can bring their great graphical talents to this task, your assistance is mightily appreciated. Also, while I have a list of top auto websites, suggestions are welcome.

The ball is rolling. Spread the word. With all of the steeplechase action in northern Baltimore County, its time for our brand of horsepower. Assistance and advice are appreciated. More news will be posted here as it develops.

Will

Location; http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Last edited by Spydeputy; 02-22-2012 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

sounds cool, but you're competing with lots of other C&Cs in the area. Noteably Katie's coffee house, good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
C & C

We checked and there are no other C & C in our area. We are trying to get a reoccurring interest up our way because we like the idea of C & C's and are jealous of what you have going on in Northern VA. All cars are welcome if you happen to be in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
sounds cool, but you're competing with lots of other C&Cs in the area. Noteably Katie's coffee house, good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

This is perfect. Now I don't have to drive for an hr to get to Katie's..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Love Hunt Valley! Count me in!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the support for this great meet. Please pass the word around, and take the time to sign up. Also post a comment, and give the thread a bump to the top of the list. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650610
See ya there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVCO View Post
Love Hunt Valley! Count me in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
This is perfect. Now I don't have to drive for an hr to get to Katie's..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
****REFER TO THE LATEST POSTS FOR NEW INFORMATION****

Thank you to spydeputy for spreading the word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
The Hunt Valley area is a reasonable distance from other C&Cs and the region could use one.

Katie's - 65 miles
Lancaster - 62 miles
Maple Lawn - 35-40 miles

Also, the Hunt Valley Towne Centre is easily accessible via I-83 and other local routes. Plus, parking should never be a concern. The HVTC management has been very receptive to the effort.

Here's more...

Due to impressive early demand, frequency has been moved to every Saturday starting March 31!

To sign-up and check for the latest developments, check the Facebook Event Page.

Here's a shot of the 4" x 6" windshield slider and handout...

This is your meet. See you there!

Last edited by Wonka; 01-08-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Bump! I'm definitely going to this. Who else is in? Considering the ad blitz-this is going to be huge!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Bump! I'm definitely going to this. Who else is in? Considering the ad blitz-this is going to be huge!!
If you're on Facebook, be sure to confirm your interest at the location listed above. As a BMW owner, I'd love to see a solid compliment of cars from this site.

Will
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
To sign-up and check for the latest developments, check the Facebook Event Page.

Update...The Facebook page has the following stats...

54 Going
21 Maybe
76 Invited

There are many more on the 20+ websites that feature C&C threads (as well as many other car entusiasts that could care less about the internet). Between the threads, dealer visits, car searches (and resultant 4x6 flyer delivery) at HVTC and word-of-mouth advertising, the inaugural event is in great shape!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Recently, Baltimore County Police were visited to bring them up to speed on the C&C. Greenberg and Gibbons, the Hunt Valley Towne Centre's management team, is excited about the regular gathering's structure. All that is left, for the attorneys out there, is the indemnity clause.

For the latest news, you can check the Facebook page. If you're a member, you may note your intentions on the site. As for today, 95 have shown interest and much more have expressed interest through the grassroots efforts.

Earlier today I saw an excellent M3 in the Wegman's parking lot. Hopefully we'll see you there on March 31. That goes for everyone!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Cars & Coffee at Hunt Valley Town Center

I believe there will be a strong showing of M3's!

Earlier today I saw an excellent M3 in the Wegman's parking lot. Hopefully we'll see you there on March 31. That goes for everyone!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
Tuner1984
1 Stock M
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Slow

Garage List
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Can't wait for this event!! Anybody wanna sell me a e9x m3 before hand and take my e46 m3 off my hands Lol Hans ate you interested

Current: E46 M3
Retired: 2009 E90 AW M3
Retired: 2007 E90 AW 335i.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here are 2 recent updates to the Facebook page...

3/15/12
Today was truly special day in Owings Mills. Allison Timms of Treasured Motorcar Services, Ltd. and Richard Garre of Radcliffe Motorcar Company are tremendous people and true credits to the automobile enthusiast community.

Allison and Richard not only have beautiful facilities and, of course, amazing vehicles but they are truly passionate about their craft. These are two of my favorite people from my Cars and Coffee travels. There were at least 10 times where I found my mouth hanging wide open due to the sheer diversity and history behind the cars and trucks. Allison and Richard, thank you once again. These visits will be remembered for a very long time.

Pictures from the day have been added to the photo warehouse. To top off the Owings Mills theme, a recent visit to Arena Motor Group is also captured in the pictures.

3/16/12
After spending so much time traveling to Owings Mills to talk with car collectors and garage owners, I must pay respect to an absolutely fabulous set of roads. Greenspring Valley Road (east) to Falls Road (north) to Shawan Road (east) to Hunt Valley on warm, sunny day is tough to top.

Today, I spent a good amount of time with Randy Moss from Collectors Car Corral in Owings Mills. He's a true example of living it, breathing it and loving it. Randy provided so much quality information on the local car scene. His advice will help form the direction of Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee. It was truly an honor to spend part of the afternoon with Randy, his customers and of course, his cars.

Thank you to each and every one of the 127 people noting their interest. Continue to spread the word! March 31 is right around the corner!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
abehwang
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Anyone caravaning from NOVA?

Fuelly :: Adelei's Gas Mileage
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #16
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Caravan

Yes, look here.... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657813
Looks to be a strong showing of M3's at the Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee.
T minus 6 days and counting, and the forecast looks awesome.
See you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
Anyone caravaning from NOVA?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #17
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
As of this morning, Facebook users have spoken and response is strong.

"Going" 135
"Maybe" 48
Those 183 have "Invited" another 170

Here's the Facebook location that started it all. Its the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Event Page. It'll be outdated after March 31 so here's our new home, the long-term Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Group Page on Facebook. Even if you're not a Facebook user, the first link can be viewed regardless of Facebook membership.

For an example of what's viewable on the link, here's today's update...

Here's the current parking map. The "Show Car Area" is just that. If you plan to bring your show car, this is your area. It will be clearly marked with cones. Spectator vehicles may park in any open space outside of the coned area.

What's up with the "Show Car Area" shape? Integration with early Best Buy arrivals to the north, extra Chick-fil-A employee parking and construction staging to the south and present construction to the west make the marked area the most proper for the cars. For the car owners, it means a bit of a 'calorie burn' for coffee right now, but as construction settles, the zone will shift more toward the middle of the parking lot.

As you can see, the parking lot is surrounded by 3 coffee options that will be open during the Cars & Coffee hours. In fact, Caribou Coffee, Panera and Chick-fil-A will be open at 6 a.m. Options are always good!

If you're arriving from Shawan Road, you'll take a right at the T of the main entrance and then you'll meet with the lower-left of the map. If you are unfamiliar with the area, lean on navigation or Google Maps. (wink)

Its time for car detailing. Make it look sharp. I cannot lie. My hands smell like carnauba from this morning's polish/wax. See you on Saturday!

Rich "Will" Williams
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep

Praying for good weather!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #19
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Amen !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVCO View Post
Praying for good weather!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Amen !
Mother Nature

The early reports look solid.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #21
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone in Carroll County, or Reisterstown want to drive over through Glyndon to Hunt Valley. If so, send me a PM. Plan on leaving my area early.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Today was 'kind of a big deal'. Jest aside, there was interaction with HVTC management, the foreman of the on-site construction crew and the event's insurance company.

Please be fully aware of your surroundings due to the previously mentioned on-site construction. Underground utilities are being installed from the center of the Best Buy parking lot to the area north of Panera. During the planning stage for our parking area, this construction was carefully considered and it will not enter our area.

After a few whirlwind event insurance sessions, it came right down to the wire with 25 minutes remaining in the workday. All is set. With insurance squared away, please take it on your own shoulders to be respectable and safe. Its all about a great time. Respect and safety are all important parts of a great time.

Weather doesn't project to be perfect but we're generally holding to ‘rain or shine’ to eliminate future unsurety. Only in moments of heavy rain, prominent holidays, etc. will there be an announcement of postponement. Due to the weather projections, tomorrow will not be a full representation of our group but it'll give us an idea of our 'rain on shine' crew.

Weather will also loosen the need for more strict parking guidelines. Typically, we’ll split the groups by style and model but tomorrow should be good with only a clear understanding that the coned area will be set for ‘luxury, classic, exotic and modded’ cars. This will set the tone for future events.

Let’s consider the inaugural a soft rollout…a pre-Grand Opening. Tomorrow is our first! I hope its your first as well but if not, we'll see you down the road!

Rich "Will" Williams
Appreciate 0