BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #23
Caravello
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

How long do you plan on holding the car?

The Vantage seems like something that would be neat and fun...for about a year or so. Then I think you'd be sick of it.

The only Posrche I would ever buy is a 911. Just my personal bias. I don't think any of the other models are worth it. And a 911 will always be in demand and will always hold a good price.

I think the E46 M3 is finally one of those M cars that is powerful enough and quick enough to remain road-worthy for quite a number of years. So I think it will hold its value pretty good. I think the new M3 will be the same; I know that many other cars are coming out with 400+ hp, but any car that can go 0-60 in anything less than 5 secs and slip through freeway traffic like a greased pig will always be in demand because street cars can only go so fast and once you cross a certain threshold (5 secs say) you are in a range that will always be acceptable for enthusiasts.

Thus, my plan is to hold my E46 because I think it will be a classic. It's three years old and I have 20,000 miles on it, which is actually more than I wanted to put on it. So when I get the new M3 I will garage the old one. I also think the E90 M3 will be a classic, but its heavier reliance on electronic gadgets, and their tendency to go haywire and be hard to replace in say 10 years down the raod, is a cause for some concern but not much. All cars are going electronic in a big way.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #24
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILC32 View Post
I cannot understand how you can reach the position to afford any of your fine choices and yet need help deciding from people you have never met on the internet based on NO information about your priorities with a car, etc. Come on man, just pick one and move on.
ILC32, Maybe go a bit softer on Chet. It can be a little disconcerning making your first post. We don't want to discourage him from posting. My question is, whats the question with a drop dead gorgeous Vantage in this field, and with so much disposable cash on hand?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #25
dcaero
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Another vote for Aston Martin!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 02:55 AM   #26
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

here are a couple more options for you to confound the situation.

1) M5/M6
2) be patient and wait for the M3 CSL
3) Audi R8?

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #27
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
ILC32, Maybe go a bit softer on Chet. It can be a little disconcerning making your first post. We don't want to discourage him from posting. My question is, whats the question with a drop dead gorgeous Vantage in this field, and with so much disposable cash on hand?
ILC32 was already disciplined. The case was presented to the jury who returned a guilty verdict and prescribed punishment. The punishment went something like this