BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

12-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
CJF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White machine

speculation on comp package and sedan

anyone care to opine about the possibility or impossibility of the availibility of the soon to be comp package for the sedan? will it be coupe only?

i have read a bunch of the threads speculating in re the comp package, so for the sake of this thread let's assume the comp package will be available by summer 2010.

any reason to think it would be coupe only?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
asheesh88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Gray E90 M3

Hi

I would love to know the answer to this as well, as I am considering a Sedan.

Thanks,

Asheesh
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

I would highly doubt if a Competition Package became available that it would only be available on the E92. I know a lot of people are speculating about a ZCP option for the E92 since the LCI photos with new wheels surfaced (along with the MY2011 speculation), but I would be surprised to see a comp package or something similar before the 2012 model year (based on E46 schedule.)

Last edited by signes; 12-06-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

E92. March/2010. Full content still to be verified. Similar in content to "Edition" models. Upgraded brakes need to be confirmed??
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
CJF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White machine

E92 only, huh? seems like Mark has some actual facts based on other threads. i will be waiting until summer 2010 for my sedan so i guess i have plenty of time to see how things unfold. thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
rwchrist
CMPULSV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine White

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
I am sure they will tweak something...and I can't wait to see.

2006 Imola Red 6-speed E46 M3 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Pure speculation. Yes we know the E92 is going to have an LCI and that the E90 had it's LCI last year. I have no clue whether or not the E90 will have a comp pkg, but I got to think that anyone planning on buying an E90 within the next 2 months shouldn't be phased by this. For one, will there be a comp pkg? And two, if so what will it be and MUST one order the car with it? Now granted if I was planning on buying in summer '10 yeah sure, I'd wait to see what the comp pkg is, but IMO it will not be worth holding out for assuming you are ready to buy now.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
anyone care to opine about the possibility or impossibility of the availibility of the soon to be comp package for the sedan? will it be coupe only?

i have read a bunch of the threads speculating in re the comp package, so for the sake of this thread let's assume the comp package will be available by summer 2010.

any reason to think it would be coupe only?
I can't confirm weather or not the Comp Package will be available on the Sedan but what I can confirm is that the model year on Sedan, Coupe and Convertible will change to MY2011 with March Production.

I was on the phone with my dealer's Sales Manager yesterday and he was trying to get me a January build for my M3 Sedan....... He told me that if a January build was not possible then I would get a February build guaranteed.

Today he called me and left a message which and said: "Jamie, Jack here! I just spoke with distribution and I have some news and it is both good and bad. Give me a call when you get a chance." When I spoke to him he told me that I could not have a January build because there were no spots left, and I couldn't have a February build because there are no M3's being built in February. He basically told me that I am going to be getting a car built in March and it will be a MY2011. He said he was told that the Coupe and Convertible were getting some minor styling changes from March production. There will be no changes to the Sedan as far a styling goes however there may be some minor changes to available options and equipment.When I questioned Jack regarding the Comp Package he did not have any info on it for Coupe, Convertible, or Sedan however he would give me a call as soon as the MY2011 ordering guide came.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by BMRLVR; 12-08-2009 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
From what I've seen it's all speculation...

All I know (from my dealer in Germany) is that if I order my car in April like I planned to, it will be a MY 2011 and not a 2010. She couldn't give me any other info just yet. She said once she finds out she will let me know what the new options and stuff are. Only thing that people seem to be sure of is new LED tail lights.

Since I'm planning on ordering in spring/early summer anyway, I will just have to wait and see, so the rumors and speculation really don't bother me much. If I was planning on ordering now though, I guess it would make a bit of a difference.
      12-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I can't confirm weather or not the Comp Package will be available on the Sedan but what I can confirm is that the model year on Sedan, Coupe and Convertible will change to MY2011 with March Production.

I was on the phone with my dealer's Sales Manager yesterday and he was trying to get me a January build for my M3 Sedan....... He told me that if a January build was not possible then I would get a February build guaranteed.

Today he called me and left a message which and said: "Jamie, Jack here! I just spoke with distribution and I have some news and it is both good and bad. Give me a call when you get a chance." When I spoke to him he told me that I could not have a January build because there were no spots left, and I couldn't have a February build because there are no M3's being built in February. He basically told me that I am going to be getting a car built in March and it will be a MY2011. He said he was told that the Coupe and Convertible were getting some minor styling changes from March production. There will be no changes to the Sedan as far a styling goes however there may be some minor changes to available options and equipment.When I questioned Jack regarding the Comp Package he did not have any info on it for Coupe, Convertible, or Sedan however he would give me a call as soon as the MY2011 ordering guide came.

Hope this helps!
Well I got a call from Jack-the dealer GM-today and he told me that I was approved for a January build after all. He got an email from distribution today and they said he was approved for a January build on his pre-sold M3 sedan (My Car).

This doesn't change any info in my previous post (which I quoted above) with regards to MY2011 being from 03/10 build but my particular car now will be a MY2010. I expect an incentive be it either a larger discount or good rate for taking the 2010 car over the 2011. Since there are no styling changes scheduled for the sedan I don't mind taking the 2010..... However, if I were getting a coupe I would wait for a March build.
      12-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

If thats the case, then that's bullshit on BMW's part especially for people like me who bought a 2010. So basically my car is a year old after owning it for 2 months and that MY 2010 was only 3 months long? Something doesnt sound right.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #12
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
If thats the case, then that's bullshit on BMW's part especially for people like me who bought a 2010. So basically my car is a year old after owning it for 2 months and that MY 2010 was only 3 months long? Something doesnt sound right.
I bought a 2010 as well and today my dealer told me they can't special order any more 2010's because the 2011 will be out in March. Doesn't appear like there will be many 2010's sold. Hope they don't make drastic changes.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I bought a 2010 as well and today my dealer told me they can't special order any more 2010's because the 2011 will be out in March. Doesn't appear like there will be many 2010's sold. Hope they don't make drastic changes.
Class action suit for the depreciation. That really sucks man.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #14
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Class action suit for the depreciation. That really sucks man.

Sigh...... why is it that everytime a gnat farts, someone in the US is suing?

Change is inevitable, as we all know, especially in the automotive industry. We ALL know our cars won't appreciate in value, we all know that there are changes being planned for our cars even before our cars were introduced.

It's like buying a TV or a computer, or most anything. There is ALWAYS bigger and better, just around the corner. It is INEVITABLE.

One could put off buying their car indefinitely, if you simply always want to have the latest and greatest.

Buy the car when you can. Enjoy it. Don't be jealous of the guys that have the new tail lights, or whatever.

This is so much more applicable to our M3s, I believe. Hell - it's an incredible car. Buy it. Enjoy it. Make no mistake - there will be better M3s coming.

I drive my car every day, with a smile on my face. It's mine. I love it. And without a doubt, I'll love my next one, whenever it might materialize.

Quote:

No, your car will be one year old, exactly 365 days after you bought it.