BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #45
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
In a perfect world (for me)..I would have the same performance figures in the M3.. I think the interior and exterior are better than the Porker..
I think the whole 911 shape has been played out....
Now the Carrera GT on the other hand... well...
As good as the M3 maybe it is not in the same league as far as interior quality or beauty. The turbo comes standard with full leather which is gorgeous alone -full dash, doors, rear seats, quarters, PCM surround, A pillars, etc..., not to mention all of the other standard goodies. The exterior appearance is subjective, but clearly the paint quality is a few steps above the M3; not nearly the orange peel the M has.

It's cool if you feel that the 911 shape has been played out, but to consider the interior/exterior quality the same is just ignoring what is in plain sight.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #46
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #47
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
As good as the M3 maybe it is not in the same league as far as interior quality or beauty. The turbo comes standard with full leather which is gorgeous alone -full dash, doors, rear seats, quarters, PCM surround, A pillars, etc..., not to mention all of the other standard goodies. The exterior appearance is subjective, but clearly the paint quality is a few steps above the M3; not nearly the orange peel the M has.

It's cool if you feel that the 911 shape has been played out, but to consider the interior/exterior quality the same is just ignoring what is in plain sight.
actually he is not alone. I prefer the shape of the m3 over the 911 or cayman shape. not everyone would love the 911 shape IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #48
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
actually he is not alone. I prefer the shape of the m3 over the 911 or cayman shape. not everyone would love the 911 shape IMO.
I wasn't commenting on his view of the 911's shape. To each his own.

I was commenting on the turbo's superior interior materials and quality as well as exterior paint quality as they pertain to the M3 and 911 turbo.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #49
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=MHP;6402876]As hypocritical as this sounds from a die hard N/A guy after reading that (2.9s w/out passenger easily if not 2.8) I'm actually considering dumping the C63 and GT3 for a 2010 911 TT. ROFL. Just wow for factory performance. Now we just need a miracle to non piggyback tune it.

Unfortunately, the 0- whatever times are not going to be that much faster than the 997.1 turbo unless using launch control. Yes, PDK and the fact that PDK will also retain turbo boost between gear changes and another 20 hp helps, but LC is what really makes the new turbo's times drop.

I know there is always something bigger and better, but I'll bet the MY2013 991 turbo will have 570+ hp and gobs more torque with more honed in PDK, etc... Can you imagine?

With that said, how about the 2011 S's. Those are all that's left from what I hear. They'll be out in May or so. 539 hp, PCCB's standard, PDK IS the only gearbox. Starting price is $159,900.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #50
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I wasn't commenting on his view of the 911's shape. To each his own.

I was commenting on the turbo's superior interior materials and quality as well as exterior paint quality as they pertain to the M3 and 911 turbo.
out of curiousity. do anyone know what leather grade they use in the turbo and m3? I'm find it hard to differentiate one that look high quality and one that actualy has quality but may not look like it does.

is the leather in the turbo same grade as base 911 or cayman?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #51
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
out of curiousity. do anyone know what leather grade they use in the turbo and m3? I'm find it hard to differentiate one that look high quality and one that actualy has quality but may not look like it does.

is the leather in the turbo same grade as base 911 or cayman?
No it is not the same as the Carrera. The Cayman is at best equal to the Carrera.

The standard interior in a C2(S) is not any better than the M3 and if it is, it's not measureable, imo.

The turbo's standard interior (Full Leather) or the optional (Full Leather) in a C2(S) is far superior to the M3 or base 911/Cayman. I have the optional Full Leather on my GT3 and it is beautiful. Nicely stitched and bountiful. Pics alone do not do it justice. You can feel and see the difference between the cars when sitting in them. Porsche does a nice job of giving a good deal of leather with the package. With my GT3, Alcantara accompanies the leather package, so the lower dash, doors and center console lid are Alcantara when selecting Full Leather. On the turbo those additional Alcantara pieces are leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #52
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

do want
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #53
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I went and drooled on these cars earlier.

SOLD. Black/black coupe. On the showroom floor.
SOLD. Silver/black PDK/paddles coupe. 145K and change.

Black/black vert available. Showroom.
Silver/black PDK vert available. No sticker.

The window was cracked about 3" on the silver coupe. I actually took a long draw of the wonderful smell inside.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #54
Bimmerboy888
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

It's a missile!!