BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

06-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #111
MBITION
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1997 Boston Green M3 VFE SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
BMW dealers mark up in the U.S., but not in many other parts of the world, including Europe.
The US market is the one we have been speaking to here. I'm not concerned about other markets, unless I planned on moving there.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #112
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
BMW dealers mark up in the U.S., but not in many other parts of the world, including Europe.
I would much rather pay US mark-up prices than European MSRP.

Just a little good natured ribbing there.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #113
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
MBITION:

How 'bout just buy the car? Then put it on Ebay with an openning bid right @ MSRP. You will surely get more for it than that, hence effectively selling your spot as you intend to do. In fact you'll probably make a hell of a lot more that way, and you probably won't ever even have to make a payment on the car. It will tie up your credit for a bit I suppose, yes.

Or even better:

Isn't it the case that you now feel as though you CAN afford this car? Yes that's it! Everyone can discontinue this heated discussion since MBITION has now decided to keep his spot and buy the car. No harm, no foul. Right guys? MBITION is going to make an honest attempt and keep his "promise" to the dealership that he'll purchase and take delivery of one 2008 M3. What happens after that, of course, we cannot say. If he registers a new ID on Ebay and hawks the car right away, well, that would be dirty, awful, rotten, and deceitful! But we'll never know about it, so we can't call him out. Damn, and now what the hell are we going to do with all the soap-boxes lying around here.

Good luck, man!
Two words would put a damper on the prfit margin: sales tax.

A dealer has to be willing to take part in this transaction. If the dealer chose not to then they (dealer) would be within their rights to move on to the next person in line. They are obligated to sell to the person on listed the sales contract. Some dealers will take part in this process, others will not. So, I would say that the dealers are equally at fault if anyone is assigning blame. Most dealers feel that a sale is a sale.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #114
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MBITION:

How 'bout just buy the car? Then put it on Ebay with an openning bid right @ MSRP. You will surely get more for it than that, hence effectively selling your spot as you intend to do. In fact you'll probably make a hell of a lot more that way, and you probably won't ever even have to make a payment on the car. It will tie up your credit for a bit I suppose, yes.

Or even better:

Isn't it the case that you now feel as though you CAN afford this car? Yes that's it! Everyone can discontinue this heated discussion since MBITION has now decided to keep his spot and buy the car. No harm, no foul. Right guys? MBITION is going to make an honest attempt and keep his "promise" to the dealership that he'll purchase and take delivery of one 2008 M3. What happens after that, of course, we cannot say. If he registers a new ID on Ebay and hawks the car right away, well, that would be dirty, awful, rotten, and deceitful! But we'll never know about it, so we can't call him out. Damn, and now what the hell are we going to do with all the soap-boxes lying around here.

Good luck, man!
Two words would put a damper on the profit margin: sales tax.

A dealer has to be willing to take part in this transaction. If the dealer chose not to then they (dealer) would be within their rights to move on to the next person in line. They are obligated to sell to the person on listed the sales contract. Some dealers will take part in this process, others will not. So, I would say that the dealers are equally at fault if anyone is assigning blame. Most dealers feel that a sale is a sale.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #115
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MBITION:

Or even better:

Good luck, man!
Two words would put a damper in the profit margin: sales tax.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #116
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MBITION:

Or even better:

Good luck, man!

A dealer has to be willing to take part in this transaction. If the dealer chose not to then they (dealer) would be within their rights to move on to the next person in line. They are obligated to sell to the person listed on the sales contract. Some dealers will take part in this process, others will not. So, I would say that the dealers are equally at fault if anyone is assigning blame. Most dealers feel that a sale is a sale.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #117
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Good thing you posted three times - I couldn't hear you the first two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Very true - but I think its entirely possible that you could get 5k+ over on Ebay which would offset the tax.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #118
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MBITION:

Or even better:

Good luck, man!
Assuming the Ebay sale took place post delivery; in most states two words would put a damper in the profit margin: sales tax.

A dealer has to be willing to take part in this transaction. If the dealer chose not to then they (dealer) would be within their rights to move on to the next person in line. They are obligated to sell to the person listed on the sales contract. Some dealers will take part in this process, others will not. So, I would say that the dealers are equally at fault if anyone is assigning blame. Most dealers feel that a sale is a sale.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #119
suburbanjim66
Rep
Drives: SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaYsCaR View Post
Because if that was the case I would buy up 3 spots at every local dealership and take advantage of everybody that really want the car.
Thats a great idea. But what do you do if / when you cant sell the spots? You've tied up all that cash and will have received zero return. Basic economics my friend...... Is locking down $5000 in deposits for a year and not getting a dime in interest worth more to you than investing it at an assumed 6% ? Back to economics 101 for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #120
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwithholes View Post
You are pretty dense...
Quote:
I ain't into that....but my doggy is behind you tho...how ironic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBITION View Post
you whiney little As& Clown!:finger:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
You're a carpet-bagger.
Good afternoon, bimmer'!

Perhaps you would care to comment as to the relative childishness of some recent posts in thread!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #121
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
There are just way too many self-center name calling haters on this board
Well we agree on one thing, at least