BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

09-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #23
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Hey Gang,
Sent in my rebate at the end of April and nothing! I came on here to see if this was common and if I should be angry and low and behold I find this thread. Funny really. It has been over 16 weeks for me and my check was not a small one by any means. I called them back at the end of the August and they said it had already been reviewed and was in the cheque cutting process. Over six weeks later I still have nothing. I wonder if an angry phone call is even worth it...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #24
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Dinan non-rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Greg, did you receive the check they said was in the mail?
Are you kidding? No, no check. My guess is they are having serious cash flow issues in this economy, but to lie to customers is pretty low.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #25
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Are you kidding? No, no check. My guess is they are having serious cash flow issues in this economy, but to lie to customers is pretty low.
Why they decided to lie is perplexing. Reflects extremely poorly on the brand.
      09-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #26
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Question then, should I not be expecting this money back?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #27
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

this type of situation, makes me feel like dinan is just a super rip off premium brand and makes me never want to give them my business despite how good of parts they have. Good parts does not equal good brand. Good brand is equal to Good products PLUS good service
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #28
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
this type of situation, makes me feel like dinan is just a super rip off premium brand and makes me never want to give them my business despite how good of parts they have. Good parts does not equal good brand. Good brand is equal to Good products PLUS good service
I will never do business with Dinan again--even if they come up with a magical mod that adds 100hp for $100.
      09-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #29
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but have any of you guys tried calling Dinan directly?

I know some of you guys have emailed them, but what about speaking with one of the head guys over there.....Possibly Mr. Dinan himself?

Just tryin' to help, that's all.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #30
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Rebate action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but have any of you guys tried calling Dinan directly?

I know some of you guys have emailed them, but what about speaking with one of the head guys over there.....Possibly Mr. Dinan himself?

Just tryin' to help, that's all.
I called once, but haven't taken it up the ladder. I'll wait until it's good and ridiculous, or if I confirm they lied to me about sending the check. I am am waiting for a response to my request they send me a replacement check for the one that is apparently "lost in the mail".

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #31
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I called once, but haven't taken it up the ladder. I'll wait until it's good and ridiculous, or if I confirm they lied to me about sending the check. I am am waiting for a response to my request they send me a replacement check for the one that is apparently "lost in the mail".
I know business' are always suppose to stand by their customers, but sometimes you gotta push them by personally talking with the head himself.

It's not the customer's job to do this dirty work, but if that's the only way......That's the only way.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #32
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Ok, don't get upset with me for getting in your business everyone, since I just wanted to help.

I called Dinan directly a few minutes ago, and spoke to the representative there. I told them how upset you guys were on not recieving your rebate checks after such a long time of waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I also told them that most of you all have already got in touch with the rebate center by email, but it was hopeless since you didn't find a solution.

I emailed the representative this specific thread's link. From what I understood, she told me that she would take this issue to Mr. Steve Dinan directly.

I hope Mr. Dinan can solve all your frustrations after my contact with them.

Take care guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #33
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

cool... that should help...

I was beginning to think i would never get the money.... I'm kind of bitter now for sure about Dinan and wont be buying anything else from them...
      09-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #34
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

I did call some time ago, and the "operator" would not connect me with anyone, and told me to email instead. No, I did not argue with the operator and insist on speaking with someone at that point.

I don't need to find out what happened to Greg's check to determine if the people responding to our emails/questions lied to us because I was told that my submission was processed, and that they were cutting the checks, and that I "should be seeing my check shortly". That was over 4 weeks ago. So if they were indeed cutting my check and I was supposed to receive it "shortly", where is it? Did mine get lost in the email as well? What are the chances of both my and Greg's checks getting lost in the mail? Not 0, but close. How long does it take to cut a check and mail it out? 5 weeks? What about the rest of the people who posted in this thread?
      09-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #35
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

I was told mine was cut 6 weeks ago (somewhere near the end of July I believe). I understand I am in Canada but in that amount of time they could have had someone walk to my house from california and hand deliver it to me. Very disappointing. I am more worried that I won't receive the money than anything else
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #36
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
I was told mine was cut 6 weeks ago (somewhere near the end of July I believe). I understand I am in Canada but in that amount of time they could have had someone walk to my house from california and hand deliver it to me. Very disappointing. I am more worried that I won't receive the money than anything else
Try the Better Business Bureau - You can fill everything out online. I had to use them to get our builder to repair our home when I was deployed. It works. If enough fill out a report, they will be put on a list of vendors that are not recommended.

Don't give up - That's what they are hoping for.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #37
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
New email from Dinan 9/26

"Dear DINAN Rebate customer,

I am a new manager at the fulfillment center processing rebates for DINAN. I would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your e-mails. There have been internal issues at the center and my task is to respond to all the requests and get the rebate checks out to all eligible participants as soon as possible. There were some checks cut that never reached their intended recipients and then there are those whose checks have yet to be cut. I know you have been waiting longer than expected and I hope to get these cleared up in the next several weeks.

I ask that you give me a chance to handle each request and I guarantee that all checks will be sent. I am personally going to follow each of the e-mail requests myself.

I appreciate you patience. If there are issues with your submission I will be contacting you again. If there are no problems then your check will just be sent to the address on the submission form.

Best regards"

No name signed.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #38
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I am a new manager at the fulfillment center processing rebates for DINAN. I would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your e-mails. There have been internal issues at the center and my task is to respond to all the requests and get the rebate checks out to all eligible participants as soon as possible. There were some checks cut that never reached their intended recipients and then there are those whose checks have yet to be cut. I know you have been waiting longer than expected and I hope to get these cleared up in the next several weeks.

I ask that you give me a chance to handle each request and I guarantee that all checks will be sent. I am personally going to follow each of the e-mail requests myself.

I appreciate you patience. If there are issues with your submission I will be contacting you again. If there are no problems then your check will just be sent to the address on the submission form.

Best regards"

No name signed.
Yes, I recently got that email as well. This is clearly progress. Let's hope we get our checks soon.
      09-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #39
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
I hope this is the real deal for you guys....
      09-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #40
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Awesome!

Looks like things are finally turning up. Hopefully it'll continue until everything is satisfactory for you guys.

All the best!

Last edited by Nawaaz; 09-28-2009 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #41
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

That's funny, I have been waiting longer than you guys and have not gotten that email. Dinan = fail.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:

Best regards"

No name signed.
Hopefully they get this done soon. I will say it annoys the crap out of me when there is no name attached. Always makes me feel like the person is hiding....

BC
      09-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #43
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Hopefully they get this done soon. I will say it annoys the crap out of me when there is no name attached. Always makes me feel like the person is hiding....

BC
Yes, kind of wierd to write it so personally then not give his/her name. If they really wanted to show they were addressing things, they shold have given out their personal email and direct phone number.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #44
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Yes, kind of wierd to write it so personally then not give his/her name. If they really wanted to show they were addressing things, they shold have given out their personal email and direct phone number.
My point exactly....