BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

07-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #23
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

So sad to see. To be honest, I've seen worst scenarios that this and people do survive. I'm very surprised that at such a low speed a fatality could occur. Having said that, I do understand that it's a matter of luck depending on how he fell down, and I guess age does play quite a factor.

I'm jaw-dropped that nobody checked for a pulse or even wrote down the license plate of the GTR. And I agree with everyone, the only reason why he would have fled the scene is if he was intoxicated. I mean, I don't entirely blame him because the light was green but how can you flee after you hit somebody? That feeling I would feel afterward would make me sick to my stomach for years. I'm pretty sure even if he was slightly intoxicated and called in, he wouldn't have such a hassle from the enforcement.

It's not the GTR's fault at all, but the fact that he fled makes this a million times worse.
      07-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #24
casmako
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Unfortunate event but the description could be half the town...

"Suspect is described as a male Asian, about 25 years old, black hair, brown eyes. He is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 180-190 pounds."
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #25
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
And I agree with everyone, the only reason why he would have fled the scene is if he was intoxicated.
Again, he was on his way to work and he freaked after he hit someone and he may have had a warrant or expired tags or whatever. It happens. People make mistakes.

Some folks that are scared and have never been in this situation before have fled these types of scenes. We have seen it over and over. This is nothing new.

Too many Californians watching to many episodes of "Cops". Not everyone is intoxicated.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #26
MRG Race Co
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Nardo E92 '15 Fashion F80

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
Wow this is all just horrible. Any forum member in that silver or white E93 toward the end of the video? Maybe they saw something... looked like they got out of the car for a few seconds.

All of the bystanders actually did the right thing by the letter of the law and didnt touch the poor old man. That will get you sued in a second in the states. Im sure someone called 911 for help.
that's not quite true, you have to do severe damage to that person to get sued...

the main reason why help wasn't rendered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
1) GTR just parked right there. I hope he gets caught
2) No one helped the man. One driver walked over looked at him. No one else bothered to get out of their cars. Disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrifeM3 View Post
That guy will be caught. Pretty disgusting to see how people react when that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
No one walked up and checked if he needs help or still breathing. *What is this world coming too. ?
'cuz LA....

Severe damage? What, like death? People will sue for anything. If there was no video, which most times there isn't... It's your word and someone else's and oh yeah, a dead body...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #27
///Miniz racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Lime Rock M3, 2016 M4 GTS

Anyone noticed the silverstone e93 just minding it own business passing by at 1:45
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #28
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Again, he was on his way to work and he freaked after he hit someone and he may have had a warrant or expired tags or whatever. It happens. People make mistakes.

Some folks that are scared and have never been in this situation before have fled these types of scenes. We have seen it over and over. This is nothing new.

Too many Californians watching to many episodes of "Cops". Not everyone is intoxicated.
How many 25 year olds are on their way to work at that time??? Come on. This is not about people making mistakes. You just hit a human being!!! And your first instinct is to flee? Ask yourself if you were innocent, would you have stayed? Most people on here would have. You don't think rationally under alcohol and/or drugs. It's either that or you're truly heartless.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #29
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
How many 25 year olds are on their way to work at that time??? Come on. This is not about people making mistakes. You just hit a human being!!! And your first instinct is to flee? Ask yourself if you were innocent, would you have stayed? Most people on here would have. You don't think rationally under alcohol and/or drugs. It's either that or you're truly heartless.
Come on are you fricken serious? LMAO. There are probably thousands US wide at the age of 25 or 45 that go to work. I am one of them. That is common sense. Not rocket science.

Some will flee. This is reality, regardless of what you or I think. It happens. Folks get scared. You can clearly see him debating on staying or fleeing. He made a bad choice. You can see it on the video. I am not making this up guy.

I am just sick and tired of folks thinking as sheep or following or agreeing with everyone else. It is not always the case.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Miniz racer View Post
Anyone noticed the silverstone e93 just minding it own business passing by at 1:45
Yes i do...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #31
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Just trying to make sense of this situation. A 90 year old man in a bicycle riding in the middle of the night and no helmet. A GT-R driver who has really no business driving and being young probably did not own the car (daddy's boy) and/or was driving with no insurance and got scared straight. The old man beats the light (go figure). The young man was dreaming he was Sienna in a GT-R and pulls like he was running out of time. It looks like the situation spells trouble.

This driver could have stopped, showed some remorse and did the right thing and if he can sit in a GT-R more likely he can afford a lawyer or his dad and get his butt off of trouble. Now his just another wanna be stupid selfish A**hole who's probably f**king eating his knick-knacks and telling his little brother to shut up and get him some soda wondering if he is gonna end up in a Civic DX or SI.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #32
andeee05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

disgusting. i don't know who i'm more upset about the gtr driver or all those that witnessed it and did nothing to help. sad part is i live on wilshire and figueroa which is just down the street from here and i am one of those that leave to work at 5-530 in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeee05 View Post
disgusting. i don't know who i'm more upset about the gtr driver or all those that witnessed it and did nothing to help. sad part is i live on wilshire and figueroa which is just down the street from here and i am one of those that leave to work at 5-530 in the morning.
Read alynM3's comment and you will understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alynM3 View Post
Wow this is all just horrible. Any forum member in that silver or white E93 toward the end of the video? Maybe they saw something... looked like they got out of the car for a few seconds.

All of the bystanders actually did the right thing by the letter of the law and didnt touch the poor old man. That will get you sued in a second in the states. Im sure someone called 911 for help.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #34
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Anybody know if there's any update on finding the driver?
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #35
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Have you heard of the good samaritan law? We are human beings and if you have humanity you would do the right thing and at least check up on the poor man. Who knows if you have save his life by the least consoling him?

I was a bystander of a multi car accident. It was so bad people got thrown out from the vehicles. My immediate reaction was to try to help. Unfortunately I'm no medic and all I could do was tell people not to move them unless they have the proper knowledge. But I did see people who just watched and talked to each other and I saw people who lend a hand.

You should not be thinking of the the end result but at the present time have the morality to do the right thing. It could be calling for help, keeping the driver from leaving the scene, check the victim, etc... not getting involve is the worst thing you can do. Ask what if it was you laying there?

There are always two kinds of people, which one are you going to be?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
s65e90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post

you sound like you were there or know what happened??

In any event I agree people always say drinking is the issue, when in fact this guy on the bike actually broke the law and was out of the GTR driver's line of sight. It's what defines an Accident; shitty that someone passed also.

But look at this; this seems pretty incriminating>>>>>>

Watch the vid again, as the GTR hits him and then pulls over, the passenger gets out and walks back to the scene. When the passenger goes back to the GTR he gets back into the driver's side and tears ass outta there (you can hear it) indicating that the driver switched places and was most likely under the influence of something.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Man that sucks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #38
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Ktown! My hood. Home of some real idiots though. Sad story.
Appreciate 0