BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

06-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
A scary moment

I was heading northbound on I-95 from Miami to Boca Raton one Tuesday afternoon. The weather was clearing up from a morning shower so the roads weren’t completely dry but then again not soaked. In other words, there wasn’t any mist brought up from the road when driving.

Traffic started to slow down significantly up ahead due to an accident so I merge all they way to my right to take the next exit and avoid the bumper-to-bumper traffic. It was stop and go for a while from there on.

I glanced at my rear view mirror and I see this Ford F-150 approaching awfully quickly behind me. The driver obviously wasn’t aware that I was stopped and so I reacted; well I attempted too.

I wanted to move left but on coming traffic was too busy and by the time I wanted to move right it seemed too late. I sat back and braced for impact.
The driver of the F-150 slammed on his breaks and turned right onto the grassy hill along the right side of the freeway. He slid around for a bit and managed to get back on the road as if nothing happened.

I honestly thought, “This is it! My brand new car is FU*KED!” I just picked up my M3 Saturday so you can imagine the tension and suspense.
Anyway, that’s my story.

Moral to the story is always pay attention to drivers behind you, next to you and in front of you at all times! Especially when stopped on the freeway.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
Yea i just realized I posted this on the wrong section.

Sorry...someone please move it :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
i lived in Boca and i got a place in miami, was always flying back and fourth on 95...you really gotta be careful on that road! people are nuts! anyway, thank god you didnt get hit...stay safe

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Damn that would suck if he did actually crash into you. I swear new things have a stronger gravitational pull then usual. For my family, within the first week of ownership it will get some kind of damage. Roughly 3 weeks after picking up the 335xi, I noticed a dent in the rear bumper probably from a shopping cart( which is weird since I park it in the middle of no where). It gets to the point of should I just key my own car to get the first damage over with?

BTW, I think you mean northbound. Miami is south of Boca Raton and if you are returning to Boca, you had to be going north.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Damn that would suck if he did actually crash into you. I swear new things have a stronger gravitational pull then usual. For my family, within the first week of ownership it will get some kind of damage. Roughly 3 weeks after picking up the 335xi, I noticed a dent in the rear bumper probably from a shopping cart( which is weird since I park it in the middle of no where). It gets to the point of should I just key my own car to get the first damage over with?

BTW, I think you mean northbound. Miami is south of Boca Raton and if you returning to Boca, you had to be going north.

You are absolutely right! I stand corrected. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Damn, I want to see that beauty before someone gets it!
I saw a few at Vista, but they were asking $10k premium...not from me...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

I had the same thing happen to me except the guy crashed into me. I guess it was a good thing that I saw it coming so I could brace myself and my passenger for the impact. Fortunately I nor my passenger were hurt, and I was driving a beat-up car back then. It was a Prime Time LAX shuttle van that crashed into me on the 405 freeway in light traffic, I am pretty sure the driver fell asleep. Insurance companies ended up battling it out in court because the fuck-head lied and said I changed lanes into him... That was years ago.

Here's what happened to me Saturday night.. and yes I was driving my brand-new, still license plate-less M3.. so I can relate to your story...

It's 3:20 in the morning and I'm going back home from dropping a friend off. I'm on the 405 South (again) about to exit Sunset Blvd when I hear the loudest crash(es) directly over my left shoulder. Car parts flying everywhere!! Major fatalities!! I was in 3rd gear going about 45 and accelerated the fuck outta there when the car parts started flying. I honestly can't believe I'm still alive! There are so many bad drivers/drunk drivers/coked-up drivers on the road nowadays! I always try to stay a safe distance from the cars in front of me and to the sides of me, that way if the shit goes down I have better reaction-time.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post

BTW, I think you mean northbound. Miami is south of Boca Raton and if you are returning to Boca, you had to be going north.
I think you are one to something! New cars attract trouble sometimes. I may take your advise and just put a little scratch on the underside of my bumper to get rid of the negative vibes.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
Solonng
Captain
Rep
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

i did a 360 on i95 trying to avoid a jerk off in a piece of shit toyota scion from hitting me. my benz saved my life though and there was no scratches on the car or my body. i hate stupid assholes drivers in pos cars. i see many junkers on the hwy and they go like 100mph in a toyota echo. would bet money that they don't have insurance either. sorry if i sounded like an ass but im pissed that i almost got killed.
Appreciate 0