BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

04-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #23
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435icp

amazing.

I just wish I could get into the looks of a Mustang. It just doesn't do anything for me at all.
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #24
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

The problem with a really fast mustang, it that's it's still a mustang. If they would just change the complete interior and exterior, and dump the live rear axle, and install some decent coilovers, they'd have a great car.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

^ You sir, obviously do not know shit about this car...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclem05 View Post
The problem with a really fast mustang, it that's it's still a mustang. If they would just change the complete interior and exterior, and dump the live rear axle, and install some decent coilovers, they'd have a great car.
They do make that car, but it's called an M3...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #27
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
I agree
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #28
bavarian06
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

for the price, you have to give ford credit. its like how the gt-r can take out the 911 turbo for half the price. i understand that at the end of the day its just a ford but heck, ford is a huge name in the rest of the world.

i wished they charged 5K more and put finer interior material.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFukengruven View Post
Hell yea they will UP that price lol they did the SAME thing with the Shelby GT500.
You can get the non-LS at MSRP. Some dealers are trying to mark it up, but it's not hard to find one that will stick with the sticker price.

The LS, on the other hand, is getting "adjusted" quite extensively. Some people claim they've gotten theirs at MSRP but I know of many dealers who are hoping for at least $80k for theirs, even though Ford told them not to be douchebags with the markups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
Most of the comments that I have seen do not like the graphics.
I'm not a huge fan of the graphics either, but the 2013s should have the hockey stick graphics akin to the '70 Boss. That'll be better, but if they do the graphic scheme without the shaker hood, it's going to look kinda stupid.

Also, I've driven one of these and it's NOT anywhere near as punishing as some people here are implying it must be if it's tuned for the track. The LRA provides some extra excitement and agitation over uneven surfaces, but the ride's not overly harsh otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #30
///MC
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

The dealership I work at has allocation for an order, but people still seem more interested in the GT500...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #31
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Sadly, a great deal of the LS models will be stowed away in some collection in a climate controlled garage.
      04-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #32
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Sadly, a great deal of the LS models will be stowed away in some collection in a climate controlled garage.
Just thought of that. The production numbers seem way too low for it's intended purpose.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #33
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

'13 is getting SYNC and HIDs along with a graphics package akin to the one on the '70, as expected.

Rumored colors for non-LS will be something like Grabber Green, Grabber Blue, School Bus Yellow, and some sort of white.

LS model colors are to be black or white, with gold stripes.

Nothing major really, but I'm glad I held out. Was going to do an HID retrofit if I got a '12 anyway. I just feel like I can't see shit with most halogens anymore. I think SYNC comes with BT as well (IIRC), which was another safety-related concern I had. The thing is DD worthy now.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #34
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
'13 is getting SYNC and HIDs along with a graphics package akin to the one on the '70, as expected.

Rumored colors for non-LS will be something like Grabber Green, Grabber Blue, School Bus Yellow, and some sort of white.

LS model colors are to be black or white, with gold stripes.

Nothing major really, but I'm glad I held out. Was going to do an HID retrofit if I got a '12 anyway. I just feel like I can't see shit with most halogens anymore. I think SYNC comes with BT as well (IIRC), which was another safety-related concern I had. The thing is DD worthy now.
Ooo... that's going to be hard to pass up. I was wondering if it'd be easier to fit the engine parts, like the manifold, onto the GT or to fit the GT parts like the HIDs to the Boss
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #35
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceworkbavaria View Post
I almost bought a 2011 Mustang GT instead of the 135i. I just couldn't deal with the looks and overall size of the car. It' soft as hell suspension wise and just too big. Awesome engine though.
You know the GT is right on par w/the M3 handling wise, right?

I plan to look for a new DD next year. I will check out the Boss, but I doubt I will end up getting it. For the $, I'd rather have a CTS-V. However, still many other cars on my list.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #36
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Clueless
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #37
bavarian06
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

The live axel (Boss) is as archaic as the leaf springs are on a ZR1 but both cars will smoke its rivals in straights and corners for half the price. If it works, dont fix it, especially if it means keeping the $$$ down.

It's like the 911, each generation better than the next (well maybe not the 996) cause Stuttgart didn't mess with a formula that has worked for the past 40yrs.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #38
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I don't think its the Ford badge, its the other badge on the car. To some it carries a "redneck" stigma. I am willing to bet 99% of these so-called badge whore Ford haters would drive a Ford GT all day long.
Absolutely. Performance be damned, I can't get over it's looks and associated stigma. It'll end up costing me an extra $20k, but that's an acceptable expense imo
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #39
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Ooo... that's going to be hard to pass up. I was wondering if it'd be easier to fit the engine parts, like the manifold, onto the GT or to fit the GT parts like the HIDs to the Boss
There are quite a few guys on Modded Mustangs who have done the mani retrofit, and apparently it's not too hard. There is a really good DIY writeup on the HID retrofit as well (although you have to hack up the housings), so those things aren't going to be that difficult, whichever way you go.

I'd still like the option for a graphics delete package, or at least a roof panel body color match (instead of stripe color match).... I'm pretty sure you can get a loaded GT with most options and FRPP goodies which will at least hang with the BOSS for less dough, but the BOSS does have some things you won't be able to (practically) replicate on the GT (internals, TracKey, etc...). It's akin to the good ol' non-M versus M debate to an extent. In the end, I want a car that I won't feel needs modding, and I think I'd better be able to achieve that personal goal with the BOSS.

I'd like to see a shaker hood, but I don't think that's in the works. Bummer. It would fit in real nicely with the '70 graphics scheme.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #40
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Man View Post
You know the GT is right on par w/the M3 handling wise, right?

I plan to look for a new DD next year. I will check out the Boss, but I doubt I will end up getting it. For the $, I'd rather have a CTS-V. However, still many other cars on my list.
The handling is absolutely not on par with the M3, it may post a similar lap time at willow, but that's about it. It feels like a boat.

Either way, it is a fantastic value for sure. I almost bought one...and would consider one again. Shame that it looks like it does, though...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #41
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
There are quite a few guys on Modded Mustangs who have done the mani retrofit, and apparently it's not too hard. There is a really good DIY writeup on the HID retrofit as well (although you have to hack up the housings), so those things aren't going to be that difficult, whichever way you go.

I'd still like the option for a graphics delete package, or at least a roof panel body color match (instead of stripe color match).... I'm pretty sure you can get a loaded GT with most options and FRPP goodies which will at least hang with the BOSS for less dough, but the BOSS does have some things you won't be able to (practically) replicate on the GT (internals, TracKey, etc...). It's akin to the good ol' non-M versus M debate to an extent. In the end, I want a car that I won't feel needs modding, and I think I'd better be able to achieve that personal goal with the BOSS.

I'd like to see a shaker hood, but I don't think that's in the works. Bummer. It would fit in real nicely with the '70 graphics scheme.
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #42
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Good luck
Well I'll still have the 335 as my mod slut once it's no longer the only mule.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
I'll go for Monica Bellucci (Ferrari 458) thank you very much.
rosie o'donell(lamborghini aventador) for me please?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #44
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The handling is absolutely not on par with the M3, it may post a similar lap time at willow, but that's about it. It feels like a boat.

Either way, it is a fantastic value for sure. I almost bought one...and would consider one again. Shame that it looks like it does, though...
Wrong. They've already been tested. Google is your friend. GT wins.
Appreciate 0