BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

05-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Halo Question

I just finished the campaign for ODST, finally, I know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ODST takes place between 2 and 3? Reach is going to take place before Halo 1.

Is it true Reach will be the last Halo game?

I can't remember exactly what happened at the end of 3, though. Did Humanity beat the covenant and the flood, therefore ending the war?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
I just finished the campaign for ODST, finally, I know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ODST takes place between 2 and 3? Reach is going to take place before Halo 1.

Is it true Reach will be the last Halo game?

I can't remember exactly what happened at the end of 3, though. Did Humanity beat the covenant and the flood, therefore ending the war?
at the end of 3 master chief activated the halo and blew up the planet and managed to jump a warthog into the ship almost dieing, but at the end of the credits they are having a funeral for spartan 117(master chief) because they thought he died, but he and cortana are floating in space(this part was if you completed legendary) and he goes to sleep in a cryo tube and thats what he wakes up in, in halo 1 and it goes back around
      05-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
at the end of 3 master chief activated the halo and blew up the planet and managed to jump a warthog into the ship almost dieing, but at the end of the credits they are having a funeral for spartan 117(master chief) because they thought he died, but he and cortana are floating in space(this part was if you completed legendary) and he goes to sleep in a cryo tube and thats what he wakes up in, in halo 1 and it goes back around
You forgot the part of the mysterious planet emerging in the background. At the end of the legendary campaign, I didn't get the sense that it was all just a big time loop as you elude to. I concluded that the planet that emerged may have been the homeworld of the Forerunners. Which would have been a far more interesting conclusion to me.

FYI, there is a book out now called HALO:The Fall of Reach. However, it appears that the game HALO:REACH and this book are not about the same thing, and in fact there are major story differences between the 2. Kind of odd, but whatever makes a good game.

ODST did not interest me, but Reach does.
      05-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
You forgot the part of the mysterious planet emerging in the background. At the end of the legendary campaign, I didn't get the sense that it was all just a big time loop as you elude to. I concluded that the planet that emerged may have been the homeworld of the Forerunners. Which would have been a far more interesting conclusion to me.

FYI, there is a book out now called HALO:The Fall of Reach. However, it appears that the game HALO:REACH and this book are not about the same thing, and in fact there are major story differences between the 2. Kind of odd, but whatever makes a good game.

ODST did not interest me, but Reach does.
yea that planet was interesting, but bungie has said THEY WONT do a halo 4, but someone else might..if someone else does one it think it would be horrible
      05-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
yea that planet was interesting, but bungie has said THEY WONT do a halo 4, but someone else might..if someone else does one it think it would be horrible
Sure about that? I don't follow video games much anymore, but I remember reading something about a Q3 2010 release date.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Sure about that? I don't follow video games much anymore, but I remember reading something about a Q3 2010 release date.
they are bringing out spin offs that were "in between" 1,2,3 like ODST and REACH....people keep putting fake news up that halo 4 is coming just to piss people off because it is side widely loved and wanted, it COULD happen but i doubt it....unless bill gates calls bungie and says DO IT haha
      05-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
they are bringing out spin offs that were "in between" 1,2,3 like ODST and REACH....people keep putting fake news up that halo 4 is coming just to piss people off because it is side widely loved and wanted, it COULD happen but i doubt it....unless bill gates calls bungie and says DO IT haha
actually bungie justs triked a 10 year deal with activision.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
i hope they dont take it over, i hate the matchmaking in COD(no split screen)

in other news they released the Halo reach beta today
      05-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

reach is going to be another 'appeal to the masses to make as much money as possible'-type game imo. it's going to be the modern warfare 2 of the halo franchise. i'm still fucking pissed off that they axed H2 on XBL. that was easily my favorite game.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
reach is going to be another 'appeal to the masses to make as much money as possible'-type game imo. it's going to be the modern warfare 2 of the halo franchise. i'm still fucking pissed off that they axed H2 on XBL. that was easily my favorite game.
WHAT!!! i havent put halo2 in for awile mainly bc i didnt have anyone to play, but they took it off live WTF!
      05-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Wow, I didn't know that either. I loved H2 on XBL. Played some H3 when it first came out but never really got into it.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Wow, I didn't know that either. I loved H2 on XBL. Played some H3 when it first came out but never really got into it.
thats my bread and butter, although i havent playing much lately
      05-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

/\Ha. Yea, They axed Halo2 and the diehard fans stayed loggied into the server to keep playing. After 72 hours there were only 14 players left, and those guys quickly started dropping due to lagging out/etc. It's now done.
      05-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
This is true, but limited. The full story is, Microsoft owns the IP to HALO. Bungie has just made a deal with Activision, but it is for the IP only. So lets say they create a game series named Mercy under activision. For the next 10 years whenever they work or release a Mercy product, they will be working with Activision. But Bungie is allowed to do other things during that time. So they could make 3 Mercy releases and then team back up with MS to make another HALO game. Then return to release another Mercy game. Bungie is a merc developer.
      05-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #15
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
This is true, but limited. The full story is, Microsoft owns the IP to HALO. Bungie has just made a deal with Activision, but it is for the IP only. So lets say they create a game series named Mercy under activision. For the next 10 years whenever they work or release a Mercy product, they will be working with Activision. But Bungie is allowed to do other things during that time. So they could make 3 Mercy releases and then team back up with MS to make another HALO game. Then return to release another Mercy game. Bungie is a merc developer.
343 Industries is taking over the Halo franchise. All of Bungie's new intellectual property will be distributed by Activision.

Link.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfailur View Post
343 Industries is taking over the Halo franchise. All of Bungie's new intellectual property will be distributed by Activision.

Link.
343 is taking over developement, yes. But the IP still is owned by Microsoft. Good point of the other half though, looks like I didn't read that closely enough the first time. I got it a bit backwards.
      05-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
/\Ha. Yea, They axed Halo2 and the diehard fans stayed loggied into the server to keep playing. After 72 hours there were only 14 players left, and those guys quickly started dropping due to lagging out/etc. It's now done.
die hard fans would say that halo2 sucked major balls. Halo1 Was the best halo out of all the halos. No other game came close to the level of fun produced from the first game. Also, diehard halo fans would have read the books and would are anxiously awaiting reach. Reach is going back to basics and is going to be one of the best halo games.
      05-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #18
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
die hard fans would say that halo2 sucked major balls. Halo1 Was the best halo out of all the halos. No other game came close to the level of fun produced from the first game. Also, diehard halo fans would have read the books and would are anxiously awaiting reach. Reach is going back to basics and is going to be one of the best halo games.
reach blows as of right now, been playing the beta and they fucked it up big time, and IVE played all halo's and H2 and H3 were way better because of online, i miss the 4 shot pistols in H1 but thats about it bc they have brought back H1 maps in the new ones
      05-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
reach blows as of right now, been playing the beta and they fucked it up big time, and IVE played all halo's and H2 and H3 were way better because of online, i miss the 4 shot pistols in H1 but thats about it bc they have brought back H1 maps in the new ones
Which is why its called Beta. They are testing it out right now to see what people like and dont like. If Halo1 was online, which it was through an xbox mod, it would blow 2 and 3 away imo.
      05-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #20
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

^Really? I kinda love Reach Been playing it every night!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #21
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
Which is why its called Beta. They are testing it out right now to see what people like and dont like. If Halo1 was online, which it was through an xbox mod, it would blow 2 and 3 away imo.
yea i know its a beta, but the weapons BLOW!!! i miss the BR and sniper in H2 and H3 and barely anyone could touch me
      05-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
^Really? I kinda love Reach Been playing it every night!
dude lets get on the sticks