BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

06-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
DiegoM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine White

Owner's Track Day Feedback on KW Sleeve Kit Over 1 year

For those who go to the track with ZCP/ EDC on KW Sleeve Kit. After over a year, how's this kit's ride on track and on the street.

Considering this because budget is limited due to recent Wheel, Tire, Exhaust upgrades for the track. Not thrilled on how the car looks when I put on the 18's. Any suggestions on other kits that's good enough for the track without sacrificing the EDC? Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
z00m
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

stock or coilovers. My 2 cents
      06-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Who cares what it looks like at the track as long as the setup works? 18s and a beefy tire for the track will be great. Then just put your bling 19s when home.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Adobong_M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP MW; 2008 545; X5d

=)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoM View Post
For those who go to the track with ZCP/ EDC on KW Sleeve Kit. After over a year, how's this kit's ride on track and on the street.

Considering this because budget is limited due to recent Wheel, Tire, Exhaust upgrades for the track. Not thrilled on how the car looks when I put on the 18's. Any suggestions on other kits that's good enough for the track without sacrificing the EDC? Thanks for the feedback.
Had KWs for a full season on the track and they work fine but certainly not as good as coilovers, but much better than stock/ZCP. On the street, they were ok until they hit sharp bumps, then it would rattle the dash too much for my tastes. Toward the end of the track season, I think my dampers were starting to give a bit, the car wasn't as composed about 25k miles later (15k of which hard driven track miles).

I would keep it stock ZCP, Normal springs (H&R, RD Sport, etc.) or full on Coils, but not the middle "sleeve" route after that experience. Just too pricey for what you get I think.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

I see you list Swift Spec R. How did you like those in comparison as I'm close to wanting a set.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Had KWs for a full season on the track and they work fine but certainly not as good as coilovers, but much better than stock/ZCP. On the street, they were ok until they hit sharp bumps, then it would rattle the dash too much for my tastes. Toward the end of the track season, I think my dampers were starting to give a bit, the car wasn't as composed about 25k miles later (15k of which hard driven track miles).

I would keep it stock ZCP, Normal springs (H&R, RD Sport, etc.) or full on Coils, but not the middle "sleeve" route after that experience. Just too pricey for what you get I think.
My feelings EXACTLY.
      07-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
I see you list Swift Spec R. How did you like those in comparison as I'm close to wanting a set.
Hey bud, sorry for the delayed response. The Swifts are solid thus far. They are a ton more streetable in my opinion vs. KW Sleeves. No thrashing on sharp bumps, mainly because the springs are linear. Also, no bounce, it dampens properly from what I can tell - no weird hopping.

I guess the claim that these springs are tuned to the upper limits of the stock struts might be true...I have to bring it to the track to see how I feel about them ultimately.
Appreciate 0