BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #23
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
This sales associate is what i refer to as: A SMUCK ON WHEELS!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #24
Zed
Replicant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Swear to God... My wife thought gas "boiled" inside the fuel tank and air bubbles ran the car like a Willy Wonke effect!!! She even made the putt-putt-putt sounds with her mouth. hahahaha
Well... this isn't car related, but my brother's girlfriend thought there was really a bone in a boner ("Why else would they call it that?"). When he tried to explain how it really worked (I was laughing too hard), she remained confused. And she had a 6yr old from a prior marriage (not a spring chicken)... airhead doesn't even begin to cover it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #25
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

this reminds me sooo much of this thread:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...hlight=dumbest
      08-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #26
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
sunroof FTL, its useless for me. CF ftw
      08-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #27
IWearScrubs
Doctor Awesome!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Sedan 6MT Jerez and Fox Red

I had a 325 load of teenage girls come up next to me at a stoplight and tell me that we had the same car, only mine has nicer wheels...

yeah, ok, whatever, move along now so you dont hit me when you decide to not pay attention to your driving...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #28
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

hahahaha
      08-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #29
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

pointed out the CF roof to a buddy - check out he CF roof. he says is it real? FAIL!
      08-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #30
rob612
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 - m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Swear to God... My wife thought gas "boiled" inside the fuel tank and air bubbles ran the car like a Willy Wonke effect!!! She even made the putt-putt-putt sounds with her mouth. hahahaha

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #31
Hada318i
Motorin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cement Truck

the ignorance is making me sick
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #32
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Quote:
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
LOL that is cool. You should have asked him to ride in your car and do the twisties again. But, I think, you will have to do some cleaning-up after the ride.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #33
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
My not very "car-intelligent" buddy got his first ride in the new e92 M3 w/ CF roof this weekend. So he touches the interior roof and says,"you know, you REALLY should or spent a little more and gotten the sunroof man." I then proceeded to slam on the breaks, came to a screeching halt and told him to walk home. j/k Don't mess with the CF roof! Feel free to share you own retarded passenger experiences.
My 3-year old son has Fragile-X Syndrome, and is considered mentally retarded. So he is my 'retarded passenger'. Funny enough for you?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #34
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
My 3-year old son has Fragile-X Syndrome, and is considered mentally retarded. So he is my 'retarded passenger'. Funny enough for you?
That is not funny at all...i am very sorry for my ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #35
Canyon Junkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

How about "Get out of my M3 and into the FAIL boat!" ???
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #36
gadget
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

I don't expect my wife or hot girls to know how the car works in the same way that I have no clue who the new and up and coming shoe designers are. You guys need to cut the girls some slack, especially if they are hot.

On the flip side, I also think its funny how ignorant men can be about cars, specially those who claim to be sports cars aficionados.

Although I've not gotten my M3 yet, I've gotten a few funny comments about my car:

1. (after telling them its rear wheel drive) Hmmm, this looks like a great sports car, how come they didn't put the better and more moder FWD system in it.

2. My car's engine has a nicer note ( I asked what kind of engine they had) It's a V4.

3. The seat is to low and hard to get out of, they should have made the car and the seat higher

4. Is the top waterproof?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #37
M3101
Private
Rep
Drives: Depends on what day...

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #38
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

funny azz stories!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #39
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

While I don't have an M3 (I know, I'm in the wrong section) I just wanted to share how us enthusiast can never explain to non-enthusiasts the fun of going on a twisty run.....

here are some responses/questions I got when I was telling my girlfriend and parents about it...

"Wait, so you're just going to drive your car all day? Don't you already do that when you're going to work and coming back?"

"What's so fun about this drive?? don't you take enough turns in the city??"

"Why are you just going to waste gas???"

"So you went to go drive in circles or something?? What's so special about it? Why didn't you just take your accord??"

How do you explain handling to the non-enthusiast crowd?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #40
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:

LOL! When I bought my Nissan Pathfinder the salesman there swore that the 350Z was better than my M3 (E46) in every way and would certainly kill it on the track ... even if I chipped the turbo. I would have liked to take him for a "hot-lap" in the M3.
      08-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
PortoM3
M3lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: SSII M3

Quote:

Man, I was laughing so hard and I shared the story with my wife, and she said, "did he ask the salesman to drive the GLI and race him against the M3." I think that would have shut him up. Did you buy a car from him?
also, that makes me think what people did to the used cars I bought in the past before I bought them. I am so glad my baby was a "virgin" when I got her.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #42
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
While I don't have an M3 (I know, I'm in the wrong section) I just wanted to share how us enthusiast can never explain to non-enthusiasts the fun of going on a twisty run.....

here are some responses/questions I got when I was telling my girlfriend and parents about it...

"Wait, so you're just going to drive your car all day? Don't you already do that when you're going to work and coming back?"

"What's so fun about this drive?? don't you take enough turns in the city??"

"Why are you just going to waste gas???"

"So you went to go drive in circles or something?? What's so special about it? Why didn't you just take your accord??"

How do you explain handling to the non-enthusiast crowd?
AHH! I know what you mean. It almost angers me that a lot of people don't get it in any way. Maybe it bothers me because every time I am driving some slow SOB in an American 4 door car brakes before ever slight bend in the road and all I can do is remember what all of those "commuters" said to me when I tried to talk to them about driving. Personally I think 80% of the population should take public transportation and leave the roads to the drivers.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
M3101
Private
Rep
Drives: Depends on what day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
AHH! I know what you mean. It almost angers me that a lot of people don't get it in any way. Maybe it bothers me because every time I am driving some slow SOB in an American 4 door car brakes before ever slight bend in the road and all I can do is remember what all of those "commuters" said to me when I tried to talk to them about driving. Personally I think 80% of the population should take public transportation and leave the roads to the drivers.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #44
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
How about "Get out of my M3 and into the FAIL boat!" ???