BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

05-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
AlpineRedline
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Need E90POST Help!

A few people know me some of you dont know me (Phillip Bee) from the next guy and some know me well on this forum but in a time like this I hope the good in people will prevail regardless of friend status.

My best friends father passed in a car accident Sunday morning about 1am coming home from fishing at Lake Tawokoni. He normally would stay the night up there but decided to head home late to be there for his wife and family on mothers day. Well in doing so Hwy Patrol belives he swerved to miss a piece of debris (Large peice of wood) off of 276 in Quinlan and lost control of his truck sending him into a roll, through a ditch, into an iron fence, then up and over a tree. He died on impact.

The help that I am asking for is in the form of donations for his family. The funeral proceedings alone are going to cost $9100 and they do not have medical or life insurance to cover that. I ask that people search deep into their hearts to send even as little as $1 if thats alll you can afford in these touch economic times. If anytime is the right time to pay it forward it is in trying times like this to help a fellow car enthusiast and his family out so I thank you in advance!

If interested please forward donations to bellcodi@yahoo.com or I would be happy to meet people. Thanks again!

RIP James A Carroll

Last edited by AlpineRedline; 05-09-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Is there an article or link published on the news by chance?
      05-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
AlpineRedline
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBRider88 View Post
Is there an article or link published on the news by chance?
No unfortunatley not this happened in a very small town outside of Dallas Texas so not alot of News coverage out there. Gentlemans name is James A Carroll lived in Garland Texas on Morningstar Drive.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

I smell something fishy
      05-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I smell something fishy
pun intended?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
pun intended?
haha I didnt even think of that, no I'm that big of a dbag, but someone who makes a thread about donating to a mysterious car accident that wasnt reported makes me wonder. OP is new to the forum, and it is a BMW forum which is prone to people with money.
      05-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
haha I didnt even think of that, no I'm that big of a dbag, but someone who makes a thread about donating to a mysterious car accident that wasnt reported makes me wonder. OP is new to the forum, and it is a BMW forum which is prone to people with money.
I completely agree with collins here....I grew up in a small town, even small towns have newspapers.

Hell shit like this makes the front page on small town newspapers.

If I'm wrong, I apologize, and condolences to the family, but I sure as heck wouldn't be 'donating' money without something more substantial than a random person's forum post...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I completely agree with collins here....I grew up in a small town, even small towns have newspapers.

Hell shit like this makes the front page on small town newspapers.

If I'm wrong, I apologize, and condolences to the family, but I sure as heck wouldn't be 'donating' money without something more substantial than a random person's forum post...
How about another forum with the same exact post, but drives a different car

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/texas-...tech-help.html
      05-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

wow strong beg for donations in that 2nd post of that link

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

actually here's what you need to do OP, find the obituary.. the story may not have made it, but the obituary will.... post THAT and you might get some credibility
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:

damn you collins, now you started something I'm tracking down all information I can about this guy.

The plus side is there is a James Caroll that lives on that road...but it doesn't say much.
I'm halfway tempted to call and give my condolences, but ehhh
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
AlpineRedline
Rep

Quote:

Dont be a Dbag when something like this occurs. Sorry if your a little uneasy about donating a few bucks to a family in need but dont belittle a situation you know nothing about. Your totally correct its on LS1tech and also on g35driver.com because I have an 08 335i as a daily, my girl drives a 05 g35 coupe and my weekend toy is a 95 camaro with an ls1 swap. Does this help for a little confirmation??
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
AlpineRedline
Rep

Quote:
damn you collins, now you started something I'm tracking down all information I can about this guy.

The plus side is there is a James Caroll that lives on that road...but it doesn't say much.
I'm halfway tempted to call and give my condolences, but ehhh

Please do give them a cvall. His Wifes name if Patricia (Trish) Carroll, Would you like Facebook accounts too or do yall have something better to do with your time. There is a family grieving right now and all you 2 clowns can do is make light of the situation. Please if you are of no help go troll somewhere else!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

$1 from 1 million people = millionaire.

Guess you can't blame him for trying.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #15
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineRedline View Post
Dont be a Dbag when something like this occurs. Sorry if your a little uneasy about donating a few bucks to a family in need but dont belittle a situation you know nothing about. Your totally correct its on LS1tech and also on g35driver.com because I have an 08 335i as a daily, my girl drives a 05 g35 coupe and my weekend toy is a 95 camaro with an ls1 swap. Does this help for a little confirmation??
the world creates the dbags, there's nothing you can do about it.
Confirmation only speaks to the incident itself. The newspaper has an online version, if you're honestly looking for donations...spend the leg work of finding something in print backing the story.

Only a naive person would donate based on a random forum post and a vague story..... (not stupid, naive)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #16
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

I'll send you a check for $100 and you send me back 50, we'll only deal in moneygrams and I also have a distant relative in Nigeria who is willing to donate a lot too.
      05-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
AlpineRedline
Rep

Quote:
actually here's what you need to do OP, find the obituary.. the story may not have made it, but the obituary will.... post THAT and you might get some credibility

Thank you sir I will do that once obituary is posted. Family is finalizing funeral proceedings now yet undertermined if it will be on Wednesday or Thursday. Obituary should be posted as soon as that is complete.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Telling is what you drive doesn't make you credible, a link to the story and obituary that should state who to donate to does. For now this is a cookie cutter scam
      05-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
AlpineRedline
Rep

Quote:
Telling is what you drive doesn't make you credible, a link to the story and obituary that should state who to donate to does. For now this is a cookie cutter scam
Im sorry you feel that way. Believe it or not there are still honest people in this world. You think if this was a scam Id be on here trying to validate my point umm probably not but its ok I see where your coming from but the immature remarks and comments are not needed. This thread was not published for your entertainment it is for someone in need so try not to be so immature!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineRedline View Post
Im sorry you feel that way. Believe it or not there are still honest people in this world. You think if this was a scam Id be on here trying to validate my point umm probably not but its ok I see where your coming from but the immature remarks and comments are not needed. This thread was not published for your entertainment it is for someone in need so try not to be so immature!
Calling me immature wont warrant people willing to help either. It will actually make people NOT want to help.

I also dont understand how a grown man who can afford fishing trips didnt save for funeral arrangements, and the entire family cant find a way to pay for it, having his "best friend" make threads online with just an email and no "fund" with proof of the accident and reasoning why they need this help.
      05-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #21
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

If you do need the money, then go to Churches or Foundations, they would be your better choice, not car forums. Do the leg work and start making phone calls.

Plus car insurance would pay out as well. If the truck was totaled then the company would wright a nice check for the truck alone, plus $250K for his death.
Oh wait, he had no car insurance?

Too many scammers out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #22
AlpineRedline
Rep

Quote:
Calling me immature wont warrant people willing to help either. It will actually make people NOT want to help.

I also dont understand how a grown man who can afford fishing trips didnt save for funeral arrangements, and the entire family cant find a way to pay for it, having his "best friend" make threads online with just an email and no "fund" with proof of the accident and reasoning why they need this help.
Im sure you will still say these are probably random pics but these show the accident markings in quinlan where it occured. Notice the ditch, the iron fence posts and tree described in OP. Again if you dont have money to send or just feel comfortable i completely respect that but there might be someone that has confidence in the power of spreading the word be it by a best friend relative or whatever. Thanks for your support

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread