BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

01-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #45
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong1989 View Post
Totally agreed. When the NSX came out, BMW didn't have a car that could match it. When the S2000 came out, any Z4 short of a M can't even compare. and even so, the S2000 still had something the Z4 can never offer. The Integra Type R and Civic Type R was benchmark in it's days for front wheel drive sports car. Too bad Honda is sucking lately, their golden age seems to have passed : (

In the end though, they are all cars and should be enjoyed as such. Why be so insecure about your decision on which car to buy? I've driven M cars and they are great, but Honda's Type R cars are just as good. I'd gladly trade an M3 or M5 for a NSX anyday though in this age and day its almost comparing apples to orange. I'd happily trade my 335i for a S2000 too...

And beside BMW badge is not as prestigious as many may think. Where I live, I see more Asian housewife / China mainland teenagers in BMW everyday than Camry... Besides at least Honda made a Supercar... not to mention their history in F1, Moto GP, Super GT, INDY, Formula Nippon... not saying BMW have a lesser pedigree than Honda, but got to admit, 1985-1993 was golden age and almost domination by Honda engine. Having a Honda engine in your F1 car is half the battle won already. Not the mention the recent Brawn GP-1 car which did so well was an ex-Honda chassis (RA109) Audi have the R8, Mercedes had the SLR, Lexus have the LF-A, Nissan the GT-R ... the last time BMW had one was 1978 and was half a Lamborghini at that...

Not saying BMWs are inferior to Honda, I love my BMW for what it is because it puts a smile on my face, and I know that every time I drive a Civic or Hondas with VTEC it puts a smile to my face too..
But dun forget to put Accord Euro/TSX on the list too. And the super butter smooth MT tranny on a Honda is another thing that put a smile on my face everytime when I am behind the wheel. Also a FWD ecobox Fit can easily out handle a lot of RWD prestige name
      01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #46
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

c i v i c s are nice. i have one. but mine is lx and probably not as fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #47
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Fast is Fast.
That Civic is a beast.
It is funny to see a bunch of folks get fussy about emblems.
If it is fun to drive, drive the hell out of it.
      01-22-2010, 02:00 AM   #48
malujerry
Rep
Drives: ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong1989 View Post
Totally agreed. When the NSX came out, BMW didn't have a car that could match it. When the S2000 came out, any Z4 short of a M can't even compare. and even so, the S2000 still had something the Z4 can never offer. The Integra Type R and Civic Type R was benchmark in it's days for front wheel drive sports car. Too bad Honda is sucking lately, their golden age seems to have passed : (

In the end though, they are all cars and should be enjoyed as such. Why be so insecure about your decision on which car to buy? I've driven M cars and they are great, but Honda's Type R cars are just as good. I'd gladly trade an M3 or M5 for a NSX anyday though in this age and day its almost comparing apples to orange. I'd happily trade my 335i for a S2000 too...

And beside BMW badge is not as prestigious as many may think. Where I live, I see more Asian housewife / China mainland teenagers in BMW everyday than Camry... Besides at least Honda made a Supercar... not to mention their history in F1, Moto GP, Super GT, INDY, Formula Nippon... not saying BMW have a lesser pedigree than Honda, but got to admit, 1985-1993 was golden age and almost domination by Honda engine. Having a Honda engine in your F1 car is half the battle won already. Not the mention the recent Brawn GP-1 car which did so well was an ex-Honda chassis (RA109) Audi have the R8, Mercedes had the SLR, Lexus have the LF-A, Nissan the GT-R ... the last time BMW had one was 1978 and was half a Lamborghini at that...

Not saying BMWs are inferior to Honda, I love my BMW for what it is because it puts a smile on my face, and I know that every time I drive a Civic or Hondas with VTEC it puts a smile to my face too..

good post
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #49
Dodo
Extinct
Germany
Rep
Drives: Slow

Reminds me of this:
Appreciate 0