BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

06-02-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Peter Griffin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Brake Duct Question

Just picked up an e90 m3 and since it's used, I decided to go straight into tearing it apart! First things first, I need some brake duct. I decided to go with Performance Friction 01 all around but remembered that on my e46 m3 with race pads, the inside rotor wore faster because I had no cooling and dust shield on. Though I was very happy with my bimmerworld duct for the e46, it seems the only one they make for the e9x is a cf piece at $500 without any hose and other hardware. Anyone know of any duct that is currently for sale at a reasonable price? And no, I don't want ducts that are useless and bolt onto the OEM bumper.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Apex Racing Parts have something in the works. There is a brake duct DIY, actually two, if you search the forum. One is 'partial', i.e. venting the wheel well, the other a more complete and requires clipping the dust shield and welding a flange onto it. The preferred solution is a BBK.

If you search aircraft parts suppliers online, you can get a better price for heat resistant tubing and aluminium flanges as there is less M tax!
      06-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Peter Griffin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I'll take a good look at those part stores. I'm guessing the material will probably be better than hardware store types lol. I've been looking and I found that Platte Forme A.G. makes one too. Anyone have experiences with this?
Appreciate 0