BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

THE GAME: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists

...Is a book from Niel Struass, one of my friends bought it and loves it, says that it opens your eyes. He's told me about some of the stuff in it and some of it sounds stupid but other parts sounded like they've broken things down to a science. Alot of it sounded like stuff that we already do with girls. Anyway, I just ordered it and was wondering if anyone else here has read it or heard about it. Apparently its been out for a while and Niel Struass is famous for it

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
AryoBarzan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

It's definitely an interesting book. I'm halfway done with it and it does do a great job of breaking down the 'pick-up' into a science.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Do people really need a book to pick up girls?
      08-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Do people really need a book to pick up girls?
no no, its just interesting to see this guys view points

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

What I enjoyed most about this book, was the fact that it pointed out and helped me refine the things that I already do. Plus, the way Neil Strauss engages in these activities to write these books is fascinating, to say the least.

Last edited by Dustin Bramell; 08-20-2007 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
NAandTT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i, E90 335i

Can you please post some examples? Im really interested, post about 5 examples to see!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

The book isn't really an example kinda book. It is a narrative, so what you come away with is a greater understanding of how the whole game works, and how women respond to different advances, and more importantly, how they respond when no advances are made.

The recipe is quite simple:
1:Open.
2. Ignore the target. (Even Neg the target)
3. Establish Value in the group.
4. Make the target validate herself to you.
5. Give the target attention.

The complexities fall within one's ability to recognize indicators of interest, and the push/pull theories behind it all.

Those that have read it will understand all of this, those that have not probably do this to a certain extent already, but don't recognize why the theory works. If you are into social dynamics, do yourself a favor and read the book.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
NAandTT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
The book isn't really an example kinda book. It is a narrative, so what you come away with is a greater understanding of how the whole game works, and how women respond to different advances, and more importantly, how they respond when no advances are made.

The recipe is quite simple:
1:Open.
2. Ignore the target. (Even Neg the target)
3. Establish Value in the group.
4. Make the target validate herself to you.
5. Give the target attention.

The complexities fall within one's ability to recognize indicators of interest, and the push/pull theories behind it all.

Those that have read it will understand all of this, those that have not probably do this to a certain extent already, but don't recognize why the theory works. If you are into social dynamics, do yourself a favor and read the book.
Thanks man. But, can you explain the recipe in a more understandable way. I mean, I can understand it, but cant put in a daily to daily basis. See? I wnt to know, in our own words what is really is about, the recipe, and push/pull theories, and indicators of interest.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAandTT View Post
Thanks man. But, can you explain the recipe in a more understandable way. I mean, I can understand it, but cant put in a daily to daily basis. See? I wnt to know, in our own words what is really is about, the recipe, and push/pull theories, and indicators of interest.
There's no set rule; and you can't follow a step-by-step process for picking up girls. Each one has to be handled differently depending on the girl. I haven't read the book, but I'm guessing it descripes how the idea is to create an interest in you. No girl -- well... scratch that, most girls, don't want some guy drooling over them and following them around like a puppy. It's pathetic.

You want to entice them and make them work to get to know you.
      08-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAandTT View Post
just go buy the book man. Those things he listed are probably the really really short version of the it. I think if he goes into details it would take pages. Just buy the book and read it- you know you're gonna do it anyway
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #11
NAandTT
Private First Class
Rep

lol.. im interested. Just to IMPROVE my game... guys. Not to learn how to pick up girls. I do what I can.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
just go buy the book man. Those things he listed are probably the really really short version of the it. I think if he goes into details it would take pages. Just buy the book and read it- you know you're gonna do it anyway
REALLY REALLY SHORT, the book is 400 pages...........go buy it

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #13
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
lol..i posted a vote a while ago because my colleague was bragging like he's a sex god or something and praises all this sorta pickup crap stuff....I never did have anything against this kinda stuff...but...I am now disgusted w/ the way my colleague insult others who is not into this kinda reading game....hear me "reading"..and yes..I've never seen him w/ any women except for his current gf and he's always like "last nite i met this chick bla bla...and then couple more join in, bla bla"..ugh...fuckoff...just weird..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #14
NAandTT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXtreme View Post
lol..i posted a vote a while ago because my colleague was bragging like he's a sex god or something and praises all this sorta pickup crap stuff....I never did have anything against this kinda stuff...but...I am now disgusted w/ the way my colleague insult others who is not into this kinda reading game....hear me "reading"..and yes..I've never seen him w/ any women except for his current gf and he's always like "last nite i met this chick bla bla...and then couple more join in, bla bla"..ugh...fuckoff...just weird..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #15
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

geeez.....
Attached Images

08-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #16
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

^^^ haha yo gonzo i've got a bottle of parrot bay and captain morgan for tomorrow nights spa session, i'll take a drink on yout behalf haha.

No, but man most of all us know pretty much what to do to "pick up" girls............I personally just try and engage in a natural conversation and not some pick up line style intro, keep it cool with them, a tad bit cocky and seem a bit un-interested, and then if i notice good vibes coming from her then i'll keep it going and usually try to find some common interest that we have so that i can use that as a way to get her number....for example, "so where do you work?" "i work at this store called The Closet in newport beach," "no way really, i love that store......thats cool." "Yea its pretty cool, well i gotta go but hey if your ever going to my store, hit me up....###-###-####," "ok cool......whats yours"

I will admit that i am interested in seeing what the hell this book that got so big is all about.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #17
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

order this book!!! I just got mine today and it is sooooo interesting, so weird, eye opening, crazy, underground...........i dunno man but its deff nuts. Heres a link to amazon where you can order it for cheap

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...7857165&sr=8-1

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep

Picked up a copy on Monday. So far I've read about 150 pages. Im reading it just like Im reading a novel which was leading me to believe it's all just stories. Then from time to time when I'd stopped and realized that everything written there had happened, THAT"S when I was like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS CRAZY!!!".

There are some slow parts to the book but for whatever reason I cant put it down. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #19
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

I find that telling women you're a level 70 Epic Paladan in World of Warcraft works better than any self help book.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #20
sesegal99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I Coupe Sport

R U F'n kidding? Say you do pick up a chick, then marry her...hum,.. was it because of some step by step process you followed from a book that you won her over or b/c she liked you for you. I wouldn't want to look back on that 10 years from now and have to second guess...but that's just me. If you need a book to guide you on how to act, talk and present yourself when around a girl you like then you have bigger problems and maybe a therapist is the one you should be consulting. If she doesn't like you for you...you'll just be a divorce statistic shortly down the line.

2009 328i Coupe Space Grey w/ Dakota LeatherSTEP, Sport Pkg. w Paddle Shifters, Prem. Pkg., Comfort Access, Grey Popler Trim, Heated Seats, Shadowline Trim, Xenon Adaptive Lights, GP Thunder Fogs, GP Thunder Angels, RE15mm Spacers, 35% Tint,OEM Alarm, Clear Corners, K&N, Strut Brace
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #21
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrewt View Post
I find that telling women you're a level 70 Epic Paladan in World of Warcraft works better than any self help book.
This is not a self-help book. At least it doesnt look like it to me. Granted I have not finished reading the book yet but it's just a story of this guy's life. It's just like a novel. The only interesting thing is that it was real. If you want a book that will show you how to pick up women then THIS IS NOT THE ONE.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #22
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
What I enjoyed most about this book, was the fact that it pointed out and helped me refine the things that I already do. Plus, the way Neil Strauss engages in these activities to write these books is fascinating, to say the least.

Exactly, its just like opening the next "my new 20inch wheels" thread, or "new procede times" thread........you already know what its all about and have been there and done that, HOWEVER, your still interested in seeing how they did it, or how theirs turned out, and to notice their details.

I knew there were going to be a bunch of Mr. Think They're Slicks who were gonna drop by and hide their shame by saying how they dont need anything and its lame to read anything about stuff like this. Come on guys, you've seen my threads.....im pretty much ok with women in my book.......HOWEVER, a big time however at that, since im under 21 and dont have a fake ID YET....i've never really experienced getting with a girl at a club so its interesting to read these guy's stories. Obviously when i was in europe it was a different story, but so are the women there.

Appreciate 0