BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

04-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
WangTa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 m3, Z4 M Coupe

Building 2009 and Price

Hi - this might be a stupid question, but I've never bought a custom-built car (what ever happened to buying a car from the lot?!), so am unfamiliar with the protocal.

If I custom build a car on BMWUSA, then submit it for quote - how does the process work from there on? Does the order go straight to a bunch of BMW dealerships? Can I negotiate the price a bit from MSRP?

Thanks guys, trying to weigh all my options before pulling the trigger on something.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
themonotron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 AW

To build a custom car you basically walk into a dealer of your choosing and request a custom build order from a regular Client Advisor, or someone from Internet Sales.

Negotiate the price before ordering (most people are getting between 600-1000 over invoice).

After you have selected the configuration that you want, the CA will forward the order to BMW based on how many allocations they have for that particular model, and from there on your car will go through its production stages (order received, bodyshop, paint, production, transfer to port, boat from Germany to the US, VPC, and finally to the dealership).

Hope that helps...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
WangTa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E46 m3, Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonotron View Post
To build a custom car you basically walk into a dealer of your choosing and request a custom build order from a regular Client Advisor, or someone from Internet Sales.

Negotiate the price before ordering (most people are getting between 600-1000 over invoice).

After you have selected the configuration that you want, the CA will forward the order to BMW based on how many allocations they have for that particular model, and from there on your car will go through its production stages (order received, bodyshop, paint, production, transfer to port, boat from Germany to the US, VPC, and finally to the dealership).

Hope that helps...
That does help, thank you.

One question - do i need to go into a store to talk to a client advisor and walk through the build process (pick features, packages, etc.) or can I just do it online first then bring the print-out in?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
themonotron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 AW

You can just walk in and build the car with the CA; he has all the options available on his computer, however, if you prefer you can always bring in the print out.
Appreciate 0