BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #45
cchan
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 328i/'11 C2S/'04 GT3

Sorry guys... just got the bad news...

A final decision was made to NOT hold the school in January. More an issue of being too close to the holidays, a short lead time for registration, and planned vacations for the HPDE team.

On the flip side, don't forget that there will be four track days at Laguna during prime season, in August 2013, as BMWCCA's Oktoberfest is coming to the west coast!

jbass524 - Just to note, it's not just figuring out how to not lose money. Obviously other entities run events at Laguna and Sears at lower price points but with different event formats. It's more how to not lose money AND maintain the quality standards/levels of instruction, safety, car density, etc. that define a BMWCCA HPDE.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #46
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

That sucks. Thanks for the follow-up.

Any idea when the next Laguna Seca event will be?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #47
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchan View Post
Sorry guys... just got the bad news...

A final decision was made to NOT hold the school in January. More an issue of being too close to the holidays, a short lead time for registration, and planned vacations for the HPDE team.

On the flip side, don't forget that there will be four track days at Laguna during prime season, in August 2013, as BMWCCA's Oktoberfest is coming to the west coast!

jbass524 - Just to note, it's not just figuring out how to not lose money. Obviously other entities run events at Laguna and Sears at lower price points but with different event formats. It's more how to not lose money AND maintain the quality standards/levels of instruction, safety, car density, etc. that define a BMWCCA HPDE.
I saw this advertised on the website. What's the deal with this anyway? When you say 4 track days does that mean that there will be 4 days of HPDE? The website didn't have much info.

I'd be very interested in doing 2-3 days up there as it would make it worth the trip up north.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #48
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
That sucks. Thanks for the follow-up.

Any idea when the next Laguna Seca event will be?
+1000
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #49
cchan
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 328i/'11 C2S/'04 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
When you say 4 track days does that mean that there will be 4 days of HPDE? The website didn't have much info.

I'd be very interested in doing 2-3 days up there as it would make it worth the trip up north.
For Oktoberfest, yes, there will be 4 straight HPDE days as I understand it. There will also be 2 days of autocross, a CCC, along with concours, rallies, and other social events. It's basically about a week long affair with lots of stuff going on throughout the week.

GGC's website won't have a lot of info about it as it's a national BMWCCA event - so more details will be on bmwcca.org and in the Roundel magazine. GGC as well as other west coast chapters will be helping out to run and staff the events of course, but it's a "national" event, not our local chapter. IIRC more information about Oktoberfest comes out around 6 months before, in the spring. Sorry I don't have more details at this time. I've never attended one myself - it's been a long while since it was held on the west coast!

No idea what our chapter is going to do HPDE wise for 2013 yet. Will post when I hear something.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
LittleBlueBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3, 2002 M coupe

Garage List
1999 E36 M3  [0.00]
2010 E90 M3  [0.00]
All in for Oktoberfest

"M3 drivers have no friends." -Jezza
Appreciate 0